+365

If you think about it, we suck. We have so many pencils that we throw out or lose and don't care about while people in Africa beg for one pencil, amirite?

2 20

Maybe you suck, but I take fucking care of my pencils. Don't try to drag me down with you.

why do they need pencils so bad? food, sure, i get that. but ive never really heard of a pencil crisis...

@why do they need pencils so bad? food, sure, i get that. but ive never really heard of a pencil crisis...

Think, just for two seconds, of how much worse life would be if you never had anthing to write with, ever. That includes computers too.

BreakfastFans avatar BreakfastFan Yeah You Are +5Reply
@BreakfastFan Think, just for two seconds, of how much worse life would be if you never had anthing to write with, ever. That...

For us, yes, that'd be bad.

But for illiterate, destitute people only wanting food, no. Pencils aren't a necessity.

@scrantoncity For us, yes, that'd be bad. But for illiterate, destitute people only wanting food, no. Pencils aren't a necessity.

True, but most of Africa isn't THAT bad off any more (it's actually improved a ton in the last 10 years). It's pretty common now for the people to have basic food and shelter, but not much else.

BreakfastFans avatar BreakfastFan Yeah You Are +7Reply
@BreakfastFan True, but most of Africa isn't THAT bad off any more (it's actually improved a ton in the last 10 years). It's...

An estimated 275m people are starving in Africa right now. That's about a quarter of the total population on the continent. So no, basic necessities for survival are not common on the continent.

@YourStupid An estimated 275m people are starving in Africa right now. That's about a quarter of the total population on the...

Compared to how it used to be, 1/4 isn't bad. Sure there are the worst cases like Sudan and Congo, but most African countries are steadily improving, slowly but surely.

BreakfastFans avatar BreakfastFan Yeah You Are +3Reply

Africans eat pencils. Fact.

We suck because we were born into a country where we are more fortunate?

Sheesh. I might as well suck for not experiencing the Holocaust.

@909337

I don't know about others, but I appreciate my education and the fact that I have a fortunate life. I guess this really doesn't apply to me.

Ah I'm from africa, no I don't need pencils thanks, or food, or shelter, or a car, or nice clothes, or a brand new laptop, or a brand new celphone, yip I'm sorted hey but great thought

MelF21s avatar MelF21 No Way +5Reply

Don't make me feel bad because I was born privileged. You probably have thrown out pencils or whatever too.

...Are you being sarcastic, or what?

What about other places like India?

I know this isn't really the point, but to suggest that an entire continent is desperate for pencils...are you being serious? rolls eyes

Livvies avatar Livvie No Way -8Reply