+772

Back in the day, bullying was when someone beat kids up and took their lunch money. Then the definition of bullying expanded to gossiping and speading nasty rumors about someone. Then making a joke at someone else's expense became bullying. Now we have "cyber bullying". Pretty soon it will count as bullying whenever you have a mean thought about anyone, and it will be called "mental bullying", ... amirite?

BreakfastFans avatar
24 23
The voters have decided that BreakfastFan is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Back in my day...

Ram27s avatar Ram27 Yeah You Are +8Reply

It's so sad when kids commit suicide. It makes me wonder who has such a cold heart to bully someone that much, or to even bully someone at all. Luckly at my school, there's barley any bullying, but i've heard stories about bullying at other schools.

i have to disagree with you- i understand that the rules are getting stricter, but in all honesty it's only because kids are getting more vicious. seriously, you know how many kids have committed suicide because they were being harassed online, let alone in school? i know 2 people who have had to leave school because of bullying, and 1 who committed suicide.

@rowanne i have to disagree with you- i understand that the rules are getting stricter, but in all honesty it's only because...

You sad it right there: harassment. That is what "cyber bullying" should really be called because that's what it is. I completely agree with you that it's an awful thing, I just think it's a mistake to lump all of it together as "bullying".

BreakfastFans avatar BreakfastFan Yeah You Are +10Reply
Rosss avatar Ross Yeah You Are -4Reply

1984 is here

@672578

Peopel aren't getting crueler; there is now just more technology that allows them to express their cruelty. Today's kids aren't any more mean then kids from 50 years ago, they've just shifted their focus from traditional lgive me your lunch money" kind of bullying to "cyber bullying".

BreakfastFans avatar BreakfastFan Yeah You Are +9Reply
@672683

Like I said I agree that it's cruel, I just think that the way people are reacting to it and dealing with it is wrong. Cyber bullying isn't bullying and it isn't some whole new thing, it's just harassment. Those girls aren't bullying you, they're harassing you. The police should be responsible for sealing with it, not the principal. If those screenshots were enough proof that you are legitimately being harassed, the police definitely should have helped you.

BreakfastFans avatar BreakfastFan Yeah You Are +1Reply
@672715

If they're emailing you or messaging you.. why didn't you just block them when you knew they were bitches..? You don't have to even know they sent anything, let alone read it.

..Is this what the police asked you?

mchristies avatar mchristie Yeah You Are +2Reply
@673145

Honestly.. they sound pretty pathetic and I really hope your like 14 or younger because that really shouldn't affect you enough to call the police. Tax dollars shouldn't be involved in middle school drama..

I mean if they made a legitimate website slandering you, that you couldn't take down.. it would be a different story. Idk..

mchristies avatar mchristie Yeah You Are +1Reply
@mchristie Honestly.. they sound pretty pathetic and I really hope your like 14 or younger because that really shouldn't...

You, darlin' are just the sweetest. Why should s/he even have to 'deal with' or 'handle' and 'cyberbullying' at all? Cyberbullying is going to most likely be in the form of messages, wall posts, and IM's. Not on a website.

tododapurplecows avatar tododapurplecow Yeah You Are +3Reply
@674785

Wait what?

@677306

Hahahaha! I get it!! Little slow... :D

@673202

I'm going to burn your house down.