+142

Before Family Guy was funny because Peter did stupid things that got him into crazy situations. Now every other episode is Brian making a political statement and someone calling him out. amirite?

Shadis avatar
1 10
The voters have decided that Shadi is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I still think it's funny. The show wasn't always about just Peter, anyways. It included most of the characters' own plots.
It is veering towards Brian and politics, but I think a lot of people get too sentimental towards originals. Not every change in a series or movie is bad and I think Family Guy still makes it works. It's been going on for years. They're probably running out of ideas. They never really included much political comedy on the show and now they're going towards political jokes.

I encourage a new approach on the show so long as they stick with the same style of comedy, which they do. They still include flashbacks, witty one-liners and complete absurdity. If you ask me, the earlier episodes were the ones that weren't as funny.

It's show development. You'd probably understand better if you actually created a TV show. Have a little sympathy.

I hated that episode. The show is supposed to be funny not political B.S.

Demonturkys avatar Demonturky Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Demonturky I hated that episode. The show is supposed to be funny not political B.S.

You didn't create the show. You have no right to say what it's about.

Family Guy got lame when Seth made American Dad and then the Cleveland Show.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1609358

Yeah, I mean I can find some parts of American Dad funny but it's just the fact that it's so similar to Family Guy [which is similar to The Simpsons (stupid dad, hot wife, two kids who are losers, and the funny baby or alien)]. But yeah, Cleveland show is a load of shit.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +3Reply
@StickCaveman Family Guy got lame when Seth made American Dad and then the Cleveland Show.

Caveman. I don't like cleveland. Just real lame. Family guy makes me giggle now and then.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Caveman. I don't like cleveland. Just real lame. Family guy makes me giggle now and then.

It makes me laugh too but I think what really burnt me out with them is my long time friend watched Family Guy religiously and now he's watching American Dad episodes like it's going out of style. I just never saw the appeal. I mean it's an okay show if you're just bored, flipping through channels. But I can't imagine watching it episode to episode as though there's an ongoing plot.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are 0Reply

I still like it...