-12

Science has an actual explanation to things,God is simply an explanation by word. It has been 2010 years and we haven't seen one sign of God (material).Science is the answer.Religion is simply a way to cope psychologicaly and to opresses people's minds in certain countries. Not just Islam but other religions too,the "rules" that guide what you can and can't do that were created THOUSANDS years ... amirite?

Assuas avatar
0 24
The voters have decided that Assua is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

this is a very well thought out statement, but we shouldn't take the right to believe in God away from others. I like your thinking but we're all in too deep to simply say that science is the answer... I wish your post could become a reality

ms-amber-626s avatar ms-amber-626 Yeah You Are +2Reply
@ms-amber-626 this is a very well thought out statement, but we shouldn't take the right to believe in God away from others. I...

(ms amber 626): Oh I wasn't trying to force this view on others. It was just my thought, that is all.

Assuas avatar Assua Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Assua (ms amber 626): Oh I wasn't trying to force this view on others. It was just my thought, that is all.

I wasn't saying you were the one forcing our beliefs on other people, I just mean that none of us should force our beliefs on any one because we're all guilty of it including people who believe in god. it's just gotten so silly all these beliefs, i totally agree with what you're saying

ms-amber-626s avatar ms-amber-626 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@ms-amber-626 I wasn't saying you were the one forcing our beliefs on other people, I just mean that none of us should force our...

(ms amber 626): Yes, I understand what you are trying to say. But I do believe we should be able to voice our opinion on things. This is my opinion and people who strongly believe in what they believe should have enough guts to be able to hear out the opposing views. I have people at my university going around promoting Christianity and have been approached numerious times, I never took offence (even though they kept on telling me I should come and see and find out). I don't do it in such away. Plus it's internet :) But thanks for understanding.

Assuas avatar Assua Yeah You Are 0Reply

No offense to other aithiests, but the fact that people like you want to tear me down mentally scares me. It doesn't hurt you that I'm religious (at least I hope) so there is no way I can think of why someone would feel like they have to post something like this. Post a response, I'm curious.

Lupuss avatar Lupus No Way 0Reply
@Lupus No offense to other aithiests, but the fact that people like you want to tear me down mentally scares me. It...

How am I tearing you down? Did I call you an offensive name? No. did I have a disrespectful paragraph? No. I do think I can write out a statement because there are people who agree with me as there are people who would agree with you. You may be a good person but others are different. Religious views create tensions among people which are unnecessary. If you read world history, a lot of atrocities were committed in the name of religion. In my opinion (which you don't have to agree with but have enought strength to actually be able to hear out another person without the accusations) a world would be a more accepting place if there was no religion.

Assuas avatar Assua Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Assua How am I tearing you down? Did I call you an offensive name? No. did I have a disrespectful paragraph? No. I do...

You know, I've heard that "world peace if no religion" thing, it's really "would peace if ONE religion exists", well, in my opinion. But it tears me down to be searching amirite and find a post that pretty much tells me ive been wrong my entire life. But again, what motivates you to post somthing like this?

Lupuss avatar Lupus No Way +1Reply
@Lupus You know, I've heard that "world peace if no religion" thing, it's really "would peace if ONE religion exists"...

Then you can simply avoid this post. I was told things like I will burn in hell forever because I'm a horrible person for not believing in book written thousands of years ago. You are way to sensitive. It's real world out here and people will have views that are different than yours. You can't simply ask me to not say anything because you don't agree with me. Why is that you can tell me this and I can't? Maybe it tears me down when I see posts that say I shall be damned? I have read both the Bible and Koran so I know what I'm talking about. I don't simply deny something without knowing. I have had a lot of experiences when it comes to religion so it wasn't a hasty decision. I'm a science major and I know my facts. I have a right to type anything I like as you have the same, my paragraph wasn't offending anyone because it had insults in it but simply a thought out statement. This is what this site is for. For people's thoughts to be put out.

Assuas avatar Assua Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Assua Then you can simply avoid this post. I was told things like I will burn in hell forever because I'm a horrible...

Your right. You have have your opinions, and I have mine. Were not going to do anything for eachother by arguing about it. I serriously apologize to anyone who has been told to go to hell because of what they beliveve. buys you a milk shake friends?

Lupuss avatar Lupus No Way 0Reply

This is what I see with religious people, you guys feel like you can say anything and anyone else with a different belief must keep their mouth shut. I don't think so. Right now you are showing me what I was talking about, tension. I have to dislike towards you because you are a believer of whatever religion I have a dislike towards what religion makes people. If you noticed most people who are at the top of academics are not religious.

Assuas avatar Assua Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Assua This is what I see with religious people, you guys feel like you can say anything and anyone else with a different...

I meant I have *no dislike towards you because you are a believer

Sorry I'm typing bad today

Assuas avatar Assua Yeah You Are 0Reply

we dont want to tear anyones beliefs down, but rather question the signifigance and accuracy of the events portrayed by our ancestors. Like would a guy opening up a path between the ocean sound credibale to you? Yet these "events" described in these books were the cause of endless bloodshed/wars/crusades even today, muslim extremist believe they are carrying out a holy war from 1000s of years ago, wars that cost so many lives over events that may or may not be true

AznShadows avatar AznShadow Yeah You Are 0Reply

I agree with your post but also religion was used to explain events that couldnt be explained by other means, such as the Greeks claiming Hephaestus the god of smith lived in a mountain where he forges jewels for the other gods to explain volcanic eruptions. There are also theories that relate to the oppression of people to give kings unquestionable power, and others that claim the church was composed by the kings of Europe to impose an indirect tax through the church (where you were required to give 10% of your income to the church) and thus extend the monarchy's powere

@AznShadow I agree with your post but also religion was used to explain events that couldnt be explained by other means, such...

True, but if you look closely. What was unknown at the times was considered to be "magic" so it was correlated as wonders or deeds by heavenly Gods. But you make good points here.

Assuas avatar Assua Yeah You Are 0Reply

This would be more impressive if your grammar wasn't awful.

@RetardedKangaroo This would be more impressive if your grammar wasn't awful.

Buddy, it's night where I am and I'm exhausted. Let's not be that picky, okay :)

Assuas avatar Assua Yeah You Are 0Reply

Nice username by the way, I wonder what was the reason behind it.

Assuas avatar Assua Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Assua Nice username by the way, I wonder what was the reason behind it.

Thank you :] Well, basically, I was at my friend's house and it was snowing. I live in Texas, and it never snows. So we went outside and I jumped up and down, trying to get snow flakes in my mouth. And I yelled "Jump! Jump like a retarded kangaroo!" and that was my name from then on :]