+385

"You came in into America, so speak English!" And who the fuck lived in the Americas before the damn Europeans came along? OH YEAH, NATIVE AMERICANS. Learn to speak native American first, bitch. amirite?

AdonisBatheuss avatar
13 28
The voters have decided that AdonisBatheus is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Well I guess with that logic anyone who lives in England has to learn Insular Celtic languages, Brythonic languages, British, Cumbric, Southwestern Brythonic, Breton, Cornish, Goidelic languages, Galwegian Gaelic, Ivernic, Pictish, Old English, Middle English, AB language, Early Modern English, Old Norse, Norn, Anglo-Norman, French, and Latin before they can complain about other languages in their country.

Bretts avatar Brett No Way +30Reply

The OP needs to learn how to speak English as well.

It's not like people from other countries don't complain when they can't understand what the fuck the American/English/Irish/Whathaveyou person next to them is saying.
Americans aren't the only people who have a problem with it, so stop acting like we're all a bunch of insensitive bastards.

There's a difference between taking over a country and moving to it. The Americans took over the Native Americans and took the land for their own. Mexicans(not to stereotype, it's just that the majority of illegal immigrants and non-English speakers are Mexican) come to America to live here, not to take over. If someone takes over, they can use their own language. But when someone comes to a country that other leaders/people own and have taken over, they should speak the language the owners of the country do.

Which language? Shawnee? Cherokee? Alagonuin? Choctaw? Seminole? Chickasaw? Creek? There were so many different tribes.

I think if someone moves to America they should learn the native language. It's just stupid if they don't.

People come here for our freedoms, which are stated in the constitution. And it's in English.

I can see where you're coming from, but this isn't their country. They were here first, we drove them out (though after making them a multitude of times, we set aside reservations).

Why doesn't an immigrant just learn the majority language of the country/official language? Like someone else said, we drove them out.

What a fallacious and generally terrible argument.

Simmer down.

So I guess if you're moving to -Italy, learn Latin, not Italian. The Latins were there before the Romans after all.

@afterawhile So I guess if you're moving to -Italy, learn Latin, not Italian. The Latins were there before the Romans after all.

I love it when people try to sound smart and just sound like idiots. For like my fellow anon. I'm doubting that there were once people called the Latins, but I could be wrong.

Actually I thought this whe argument was stupid and pointless but that's just me.

@I love it when people try to sound smart and just sound like idiots. For like my fellow anon. I'm doubting that...

Guess again. I'm a Latin student, and the tribe that first lived un the area we call Rome today were the Latins.

I am NOT my ancestors; don't blame me for their actions. If went to live in any other country, I'd more than likely have to learn the language.

Someone had a lot of anger to let out

But the "native" americans weren't native.

Haha, this is on a shirt at T-shirt Hell.

The "Latins"? I know that Latin was spoken early on, but I don't recall learning about an ancient society of the "Latins".

Wow, absolutely none of you get this post at all.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are -2Reply