-1

According to the US government, what's more important, a baby eagle? Or a human? If you said human, you're wrong. If you kill a baby eagle, you can be fined $10,000. If you kill a baby human, no fine. Infact, you pay the doctor who killed the baby because it's a 'service', amirite?

Amish_Allosauruss avatar
2 83
The voters have decided that Amish_Allosaurus is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Eagles are endangered species, humans are overpopulated, it is population control.

Llorts avatar Llort No Way +2Reply
@Llort Eagles are endangered species, humans are overpopulated, it is population control.

So, one eagle is more important that 66 million humans? Right... ok.

@Amish_Allosaurus So, one eagle is more important that 66 million humans? Right... ok.

It is, humans are animals and we are overpopulating the earth... eagles were at one point endangered.

Llorts avatar Llort No Way 0Reply
@Amish_Allosaurus Humans aren't animals.

Learn a little about the science of Taxonomy please.

@Llort Then what are we?

Beings made in the image of God.

@Amish_Allosaurus Beings made in the image of God.

Humans are mammals. Mammals are animals. We are not BEASTS, but we are animals. I classify beasts as say, cats, lions, fish. Things that haven't made up a society. Not everyone believes in God btw.

Taters avatar Tater No Way +2Reply

An eagle doesn't come out of your vagina... I hope.

@An eagle doesn't come out of your vagina... I hope.

It comes out of an eagles "areas". After two birds sex each other of course. You are welcome for the mental images.

Tacomunchers avatar Tacomuncher Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Tacomuncher It comes out of an eagles "areas". After two birds sex each other of course. You are welcome for the mental images.

... ew Dx Then would you want to put the eagle through the pain of egg-birthin' only to kill their kid? D:

You can't just kill a baby human and not be charged with murder. And you can only legally abort a fetus in the first trimester.

Killing a human baby is illegal. Killing a human fetus/zygote/embryo is legal until the end of the first trimester.
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with your post, I'm just saying you're using an incorrect term. Calling a fetus a baby is like calling a toddler a teenager; it's incorrect.

@agent_eclaire Yes, that's been established.

You you're ok with a human killing an inoccent human? cough muder cough

@Amish_Allosaurus You you're ok with a human killing an inoccent human? cough muder cough

I never previously stated if I was or not, but if you must know yes I think abortion should be legal. Personally I would never get an abortion and I don't think it's very moral, but I also don't think we should be able to stop people who think it's acceptable.

@Amish_Allosaurus I just don't understand how anyone can be pro genocide...

Uh, I'm pretty sure there's no one in the world who's pro-genocide. Pro-choice =/= pro-genocide.

@Amish_Allosaurus Yes, pro choice supports the murder of miions of humans every year.

I don't consider it murder. I consider it the termination of a potential life.
But pro-choice doesn't necessarily mean you support all abortions. It means you support having the OPTION to abort.

@agent_eclaire I don't consider it murder. I consider it the termination of a potential life. But pro-choice doesn't necessarily...

It doesn't matter if you consider it murder, you're killing a human.

2. It is life, not potential life.

@Amish_Allosaurus It doesn't matter if you consider it murder, you're killing a human. 2. It is life, not potential life.

Let me further clarify what I meant.
What is legal to abort I consider to be of the human species, but not yet a human.
And yes, scientifically it is alive, but by "potential life" I mean that in those stages it is so primitive I can't quite consider it to be a human life yet because it's more primitive than bacteria. I'm assuming you don't have moral issues with killing bacteria.
I'm sorry if none of that made sense, it's difficult for me to explain what I mean.

@agent_eclaire Let me further clarify what I meant. What is legal to abort I consider to be of the human species, but not yet a...

Actually, it's not more primative than bacteria, "Recent research has found that differentiation of the embryonic cells begins on the day of conception"

I don't have a moral issue with killing bacteria because it's self defence, if we didn't kill them, there would be many more diseases.

@Amish_Allosaurus Actually, it's not more primative than bacteria, "Recent research has found that differentiation of the embryonic...

I probably should have used a different word than "primitive". I meant that bacteria can live on their own and can perform all the functions living things can like consuming energy, reproducing, etc. Fetuses/embryos/zygotes cannot yet.

It isn't necessarily self defense. There are many bacteria that are essential to human survival, like the chemosynthetic ones in the ocean and the ones that convert nitrogen into ammonia.

@agent_eclaire I probably should have used a different word than "primitive". I meant that bacteria can live on their own and can...

Just because bacteria can support itself it's more important than a human? People think it's ok to kill it because it's just a 'blob of cells' as I said, that's not correct.

Yeah but I don't go around putting hand sanitizer in yogurt (which has good bacteria) I just was my hands when they're dirty. Anyway, my morals come from the Bible, and according to the Bible, bacteria don't have souls.

@Amish_Allosaurus Just because bacteria can support itself it's more important than a human? People think it's ok to kill it...

Yes, at that stage it IS just a blob of cells. Personally that's not my reason for being pro-choice but it is many peoples' reason.
And I never said that bacteria was more important than a human. I said it was more advanced.

"Because the Bible says so" is not a viable reason for anything other than your personal beliefs. I don't mean to be offensive I just mean that it will not hold up anywhere besides as your personal reason.

And just curious, who exactly does the Bible say have souls?

@Amish_Allosaurus 1. sigh 2. Considering morals come from the Bible, it is a viable reason. 3. Humans.

2. YOUR morals come from the Bible. Not everyone's do. For example, I have morals and I've never read the Bible. I may not have the same morals but I do have morals.
And it is definitely not a viable reason because the debate with abortion is something political, so religion should never even come up. We are not a theocratic nation.

3. Are humans the only ones?

@agent_eclaire 2. YOUR morals come from the Bible. Not everyone's do. For example, I have morals and I've never read the Bible. I...

2. If it weren't for the Bible, we wouldn't have thou shalt not murder/steal/lie. Maybe not all, but most morals come from the Bible.

3. Yes. Only humans have souls.

@Amish_Allosaurus 2. If it weren't for the Bible, we wouldn't have thou shalt not murder/steal/lie. Maybe not all, but most...

2. I have yet to hear of any society where murdering, stealing, or lying was considered acceptable, whether or not they'd even heard of the Bible. So no.

3. I object strongly to that, but that's a different debate.

@agent_eclaire 2. I have yet to hear of any society where murdering, stealing, or lying was considered acceptable, whether or not...

Um, the Bible was the first to have thou shalt not kill ect. all the other "religions" before the Bible was written were debaucherous and sacrificed humans and whatnot.

@Amish_Allosaurus Um, the Bible was the first to have thou shalt not kill ect. all the other "religions" before the Bible was...

That is so untrue it's sad. There were definitely societies and religions thousands of years before Christ was born that prohibited killing and such. For example, I'm pretty sure it was ancient Babylonia that had very strict laws about not stealing etc. But those societies/religions also had their bad sides like being too vindictive (e.g. executing a starving kid for stealing a piece of bread).
And as for religions, Buddhism was before Christ and I know for sure that it is an extremely peaceful religion. Christianity had the Crusades & other violent things like that back in the day (though it's mostly peaceful now), but Buddhism never had that.
Sure there were some pretty violent religions (like the one the Aztecs had) but as a whole they were all pretty far from "debaucherous".

@Amish_Allosaurus Did I say Christ? No, I said the Bible.

Uh, I'm pretty sure the Bible came after/around the same time as Christ? And by Christ I meant the general beginnings of Christianity, but I should have been more clear about that.

@Amish_Allosaurus ? The Bible has been around for forever. (and by forever I mean since time began.)

...Then how could any other religions have preceded it? You said "other 'religions' before the Bible"... how could there have been things before the Bible if it has been around forever?
Also, I don't understand how the Bible could have been around forever. Humans weren't even around when time began. How could we have written it down if we didn't exist?

@Amish_Allosaurus People made them up.

I'm not asking how they were made, I'm asking how they would exist because if the Bible has been around forever then nothing could have been before it. You said religions BEFORE the Bible.

@agent_eclaire I'm not asking how they were made, I'm asking how they would exist because if the Bible has been around forever...

Sorry, I messed up my words. The Bible wrote about before time began. (Because God told them what happened).

@Amish_Allosaurus Sorry, I messed up my words. The Bible wrote about before time began. (Because God told them what happened).

We couldn't have written it down at the beginning of time because humans didn't exist at the beginning of time.

@Amish_Allosaurus I said, God told them what happened...

You said the Bible has been around since the beginning of time. It is possible that God could have told the people who wrote the Bible what happened at the beginning of time, but it is not possible to have humans write down the Bible at the beginning of time.
I'm really confused by what you're saying, so I hope what I'm saying made sense.

@agent_eclaire You said the Bible has been around since the beginning of time. It is possible that God could have told the people...

As I said a few comments back, I messed up my words a little.

God has been around since forever. God told humans what to write in the Bible. Sensible humans take the Bible as Gods in falible word.

@Amish_Allosaurus As I said a few comments back, I messed up my words a little. God has been around since forever. God told...

Oh, that makes more sense.
Though really, there are many sensible people that aren't Christian. How would not believing in the Bible make you not sensible?

@Amish_Allosaurus Why wouldn't you believe what God said?

If you didn't believe God said it, if you didn't believe there was a God to say it... And those are just a few reasons.

@agent_eclaire If you didn't believe God said it, if you didn't believe there was a God to say it... And those are just a few reasons.

Any sesible person could look at nature and how beutiful it is and just know that God made all this.

@agent_eclaire Believing in God =/= believing in the Bible.

But still, how can they deny the existence of a supernatural being who made all this?

@Amish_Allosaurus But still, how can they deny the existence of a supernatural being who made all this?

Speaking as somewhat of a former atheist, it's not really consciously denying an obvious existence so much as wanting to believe but not being able to. I spent a long time wondering what theists saw that made them believe so wholly in a God I couldn't find. I tried to believe but I just couldn't.

This is stupid. Honestly, you need to have compassion for those who abort their kids (in a lot of cases, in others, no.) You don't know their personal lives. They may have had life threatening issues if they had the baby. What if it would drive them into poverty if they had the child? Adoption isn't as good as the media portrays it. What if they used all sorts of protection and they still got pregnant?

Taters avatar Tater No Way 0Reply
@Tater This is stupid. Honestly, you need to have compassion for those who abort their kids (in a lot of cases, in others...

So, murdering a human is ok, if it would have been poor? I would rather be poor than dead.

@Amish_Allosaurus So, murdering a human is ok, if it would have been poor? I would rather be poor than dead.

ono smilie You would rather have a family (along with that baby) on the streets than just the parents living somewhat okay? Some people actually CARE about the way their child will live, and would rather not them not knowing when they will eat next.
Plus, adoption isn't always the best choice. They don't always get the perfect family like you see on TV. I know a family who adopted just for the bonuses when they could hardly keep up the kids they had now.

Taters avatar Tater No Way 0Reply

I think it's funny that you decided to follow in your mentorl Scrantoncity's footsteps and post this like, what, five minutes after he did just so you could say that you're controversial too. Good job.

1) Humans aren't an endangered species.
2) It is not a human baby, it's a fetus.
3) You can only abort a fetus (legally) within the first trimester.

thanks for playing.

@ClaireTheBozo 1) Humans aren't an endangered species. 2) It is not a human baby, it's a fetus. 3) You can only abort a fetus...

1. Isn't all life sacrid? Wouldn't you be mad if I punched a mother eagle in the gut, and killed its baby?

2. Why is is a fetus one minute, and a human 5 minutes later after it came out?

3.Just because it's legal, doesn't mean it's right. (E.g. Consumption of alcohol)

@Amish_Allosaurus 1. Isn't all life sacrid? Wouldn't you be mad if I punched a mother eagle in the gut, and killed its baby? 2...

1. What about the teenage mothers life? Sure she can give it to adoption, but do you really think she can just hand it over and fix her life right up? And I know not ONLY teenage mothers get abortions, but regular, healthy, supportive women do not, i.e. someone who doesn't need to get an abortion. Sacred*, btw.
2. Again, ONLY DURING THE FIRST TRIMESTER. I'm going to assume the time elapsed over second and third trimesters doesn't last 5 minutes.
3. Drinking isn't wrong, what the hell kind of point is that. Alcohol Addiction isn't "right", but that's not something you "choose", like alcoholics probably don't drink to BE alcoholics, but probably some other problem.

@ClaireTheBozo 1. What about the teenage mothers life? Sure she can give it to adoption, but do you really think she can just hand...

1. So your saying 66 million teenage moms have got pregnant since abortions became legal? I would bet 95% of all the abortions were just aborted because they were "inconveniant".

2. Many people want abortion to be legal right up until the baby comes out.

3. Yes it is. (not like a glass of wine at a wedding or something.)

@Amish_Allosaurus 1. So your saying 66 million teenage moms have got pregnant since abortions became legal? I would bet 95% of all...

1. Again, I know it's not all teenage moms, but a majority of it is. And no, a normal human being does not get an abortion just because they don't feel like having a baby. Those people give up to adoption, assuming, once again, it's not a teen mom.
2. What the fuck. I've never heard this before.
3. No.

@ClaireTheBozo 1. Again, I know it's not all teenage moms, but a majority of it is. And no, a normal human being does not get an...

1. 70 out of ever 1000 teens get pregnant (7%). For 7% of the teen population to get 50 million abortions (It's 66 mil, but I go down to 50 because you said most.) the teen population would have to be 700 million! That's more than twice the entire population of America.

2. Oops... I was mistaken. :p sorry. I heard this, and as I researched this I couldn't find anything on this.

3. "Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise." proverbs 20:1

@Amish_Allosaurus 1. 70 out of ever 1000 teens get pregnant (7%). For 7% of the teen population to get 50 million abortions (It's...

1. what
2. Oh okay.
3. There really is nothing wrong with drinking, assuming you don't go out and drunkenly rape someone or get a DUI, or become an addict, but those are problems on your own, and both are also illegal.

@ClaireTheBozo 1. what 2. Oh okay. 3. There really is nothing wrong with drinking, assuming you don't go out and drunkenly rape...

1. I was saying that for the "majority" of abrtions to be by pregnant teens, there would have to be 700 million teens in the US, twice the population of America.

2. Sorry 'bout that.

3. 40,000 people died because of drunk driving in 2008. Are the lives of 40k people not worth making some people who like beer angry?

@Amish_Allosaurus 1. I was saying that for the "majority" of abrtions to be by pregnant teens, there would have to be 700 million...

1. What? That's like saying "for 80% of the marbles to be white they would have to fill up more than 100% of the jar".
3. Driving while drunk is not legal.

@ClaireTheBozo 1. What? That's like saying "for 80% of the marbles to be white they would have to fill up more than 100% of the...

Let me try to put this in the simplest terms. You said the "majority" of abortions were from teenagers. For this to be true, the teen population would have to be 700,000 due to the teen pregnancy rates.

Why have alcohol legal anyway? That's like going on a diet, baking a cake, and just leaving it there. Why make drinking legal, making it so much easier drive drunk, or easier to eat the cake.

@Amish_Allosaurus Let me try to put this in the simplest terms. You said the "majority" of abortions were from teenagers. For this...

Well keep in mind not all people who are drunk are drunk drivers. A lot of people just don't allow themselves to take their keys even, and take a taxi there and so they have to take a taxi back. As long as they take the right precautions.
And the ones who don't are idiots, and that innocent people are injured by idiots is very sad, but we can't just slam the banhammer down because of people who don't learn anything.
And I still don't understand the abortion thing, where did you get 700,000 from?

@ClaireTheBozo Well keep in mind not all people who are drunk are drunk drivers. A lot of people just don't allow themselves to...

For your made up "majority" of abortions to be mostly comprised of teens, that would mean there would have to be 700,000 teen in America.

@Amish_Allosaurus For your made up "majority" of abortions to be mostly comprised of teens, that would mean there would have to be...

Why 700,000? I still don't understand how that makes sense. I get what you're saying but I don't understand the logic behind it.

@ClaireTheBozo Why 700,000? I still don't understand how that makes sense. I get what you're saying but I don't understand the...

let me try and put it into an math problem. The teen pregnancy rates are 7%. You said that most (of the 66 million) abortions were teenagers who couldn't have children or whatever. Since you said most, i'll estimate it to 50 million/66 million were teenagers. 7 goes into 100 (%) roughly 14 times. 7 = 1/14 of 100. To find the total # of teens, you multiply 50(mil) by 14. which equals 700,000.

@Amish_Allosaurus let me try and put it into an math problem. The teen pregnancy rates are 7%. You said that most (of the 66...

I think you're referring to 7% of teens are pregnant, not 7% of people who get abortions are teens.

I agree with most of your points but statisically the group of women who get the most abortions are in their 20s. And I worked at a doctors surgary and most of the people who got refferals for abortions were married. I don't really LIKE the whole idea of abortion. But I think it should be an option for people in the first trimester.

Trolololo

Wow

@Wow

The truth hurts.

Anonymous