+450

Your dreams don't have audible sound, but you can still tell what people are saying and stuff, amirite?

Amish_Allosauruss avatar
5 35
The voters have decided that Amish_Allosaurus is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I've never noticed whether I do or not... This is gonna bug me now D:

@Applescruff I've never noticed whether I do or not... This is gonna bug me now D:

I know, I've never paid attention to whether or not I can hear in my dreams.

@757554

Man, I wish I could, that would be so cool.

@757554

Yeah, for a second there I thought I was a freak of nature cause I can hear just fine in all of my dreams as well.

One time, I swear I heard Saria's song from Ocarina of Time. It was pretty cool. /nerd moment

Besides that, I usually can't hear EXACTLY what is said or see who is exactly in my dream, but I know who it is.

HelterSkelters avatar HelterSkelter Yeah You Are +3Reply
@DaAce96 that's my favorite video game song ever!

Mine too, unless I get lost in the forest. Then It sounds like it's mocking me x_o

HelterSkelters avatar HelterSkelter Yeah You Are +1Reply
@HelterSkelter Mine too, unless I get lost in the forest. Then It sounds like it's mocking me x_o

haha I know right. but just to let you know, you're supposed to follow the sound of the music to get to the place. if you are about to go through one of the tunnel things and the music gets quieter, it's the wrong way. I say this assuming we're talking about OOT, right?

DaAce96s avatar DaAce96 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@DaAce96 haha I know right. but just to let you know, you're supposed to follow the sound of the music to get to the place...

Oh yeah I know that now, I just remember getting lost when I was little and how frustrating it used to be. But now I love that song, brings back good 'ol memories.

HelterSkelters avatar HelterSkelter Yeah You Are 0Reply

...i can hear...
and it's weird, i see people that look nothing like people i know, yet i know who it is.
ie. i see a random stranger, but i recognize them as my best friend, vivian.

I hear my dreams. In fact, I'm a lucid dreamer.

@asleepfromday Whoa...have you always been?

No, and I envy anyone who is. I had to train myself for a long time. Kind of like a monk.

I tell people I'm a monk.

I can hear in my dreams.

Yeah, I never actually hear it, I just know. Also, I can't recognize people, I just know... it's weird.

Asteriskis avatar Asteriski Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Asteriski Yeah, I never actually hear it, I just know. Also, I can't recognize people, I just know... it's weird.

Yeah... They seem so real when you're in them, then once you wake up you remember everything as blurry...

I can sometimes interpret their tone of voice too. I remember a couple dreams like that.

. . . Interesting. . . I guess it's kind of like how I know someone is in my dream even if I can't see them

@hahabananahaha . . . Interesting. . . I guess it's kind of like how I know someone is in my dream even if I can't see them

Yeah, same here. Also, I've never (not even once) seen a face in my dream. Yet I always know who it is.

@Amish_Allosaurus Yeah, same here. Also, I've never (not even once) seen a face in my dream. Yet I always know who it is.

Okay your dreams are just a little bit weird. . . Are you sure you aren't high when you go to sleep? (I'm just joking)

@hahabananahaha Okay your dreams are just a little bit weird. . . Are you sure you aren't high when you go to sleep? (I'm just joking)

Yeah, I've have some pretty crazy dreams. They have no sound, except understood inaudible sound. I've never seen a face. I only remember them when I wake up in the middle of them. They are always in very dark colors, never bright ones. And everything is blurred.

I can't describe my dreams...

I don't think it's possible to physically hear sounds in dreams, your brain just knows what's being said.. I can't really explain it. I think of it as being like when you read in your head; the words are there, you are processing and thinking about them, you can picture a person saying them and in what voice and tone, but sound waves aren't literally there for you to hear.

It's the same as thinking, isn't it?
You can "hear" yourself think but the "hearing" is done in your mind, not through your ears.
Like, you can sing a song in your head without making a sound, and dreams are the same way.

Some people don't hear in their dreams? That must suck royal hippogriff.

i can't hear or see faces in my dream

If you can understand what is being said how do you know that's not hearing? How can u tell the difference?