-47

No matter what society tells us, we should all save sex for marriage, amirite?

Gryffindors avatar
1 28
The voters have decided that Gryffindor is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

How about we just do what we're comfortable with? What's so hard about that?

@brunetterox915 How about we just do what we're comfortable with? What's so hard about that?

Well we can all do whatever we want and what we are most comfortable but often times what we want is not always right

thatsjustmiis avatar thatsjustmii Yeah You Are -7Reply
@thatsjustmii Well we can all do whatever we want and what we are most comfortable but often times what we want is not always right

I just made a post about this. Personally, I think morals are subjective. Your right isn't always someone else's right. There isn't one right and one wrong for everyone. Although, I get the feeling you're religious, in which case I know you won't agree with me on that and that's fine.

@brunetterox915 I just made a post about this. Personally, I think morals are subjective. Your right isn't always someone else's...

pff I don't like to consider myself religious. It is a term used to define people who are considered weak, pushovers, uneducated etc. but I know what you mean and yes, I am a proud follower of Christ who still considers the Bible to be valid in every walk of life. I still believe that there is still a such thing as right and wrong and as we each try and do our own thing we have ended up in a world where genocide is commonplace, forced abortion happens far too often, innocent people die because of drunkenness and the list goes on and on. The vast majority may agree that these things are wrong but because we have tried to eliminate a set right and wrong it has resulted in the world as we know it today.

thatsjustmiis avatar thatsjustmii Yeah You Are -16Reply

You seem as though you believe pushing what your religion tells you on to other people is right...

...why don't we all just do what we're comfortable with without other people declaring it wrong?

@shelbme ...why don't we all just do what we're comfortable with without other people declaring it wrong?

you may be comfortable with murder, you may be comfortable with alcohol, or smoking, or gossiping or lying BUT it doesn't make it right. And I still believe that there is a universal standard of right and wrong in certain areas in life.

thatsjustmiis avatar thatsjustmii Yeah You Are -11Reply
@thatsjustmii you may be comfortable with murder, you may be comfortable with alcohol, or smoking, or gossiping or lying BUT it...

I'm sorry, usually I respec other people's opinions, but that's just ridiculous. I can't even tell if you're worth arguing with. I know people who are very religious who realize that it's impractical to believe every word the bible says.

What about gay people who live where they aren't allowed to get married

_____s avatar _____ No Way +32Reply
@_____ What about gay people who live where they aren't allowed to get married

If somebody believes in abstinence until marriage, chances are they don't support the gay community

Satans avatar Satan No Way +1Reply
@Satan If somebody believes in abstinence until marriage, chances are they don't support the gay community

I break that statement. I would prefer to abstain, but i see nothing wrong with gay marriage.

How about everyone stops treating sex like it's a moral issue? Morals are based on how something affects other people, but sex is personal.

pikabeaus avatar pikabeau No Way +21Reply

'No matter what society tells us'
mfw Human society invented the concept of marriage and abstinence
lolwut smilie

Simons avatar Simon No Way +19Reply

I LIKE SEX.

How about everyone does what they want without other people judging?

@GiggityGoo22 How about everyone does what they want without other people judging?

I agree 100% with you. Sadly, that is not possible nowadays where people believe they must judge you because they think they are right. But the idea of a world without judgement is pretty damn nice.

Yeah no. I get that it works for some people and they are happy waiting until they are married for the first time they have sex and that's cool, but there is no one way that everyone should be having their sex life, it really is no one else's business. I am 100% happy with my decision to not "save" myself for marriage because I don't find it necessary and I don't even know if I do want to get married anyway.

I personally believe marriage, but whatever floats your boat...
I think it's better if you're close and committed to the person, though.

By saying people should ignore what society says, you're pretty much saying that no matter what your personal decision is on the matter, if it's not abstinence it's not your legitimate decision. Apparently if you dont stay abstinent, it was the result of "society" forcing you to act "impurely". Apparently without society, no one would have premarital sex. It's not like people can make their own decisions or anything.

Besides, this post doesnt even make any sense because you're saying people should ignore society and listen to you, despite the fact that you are part of society. It would've made more sense if you said ignore society and do what makes you comfortable.

Most people are going to do it whenever they want, whether society says to or not.

I'd rather wait until I was ready.
If that means after marriage, fine whatever.
The only time I judge someone based on their sex life is when it's a girl who appears to think STDs are Pokémon.

Things/actions aren't "right" or "wrong". They're either things with negative consequences or things with positive consequences. So it depends on whether the outcome of sex is positive or negative for you (for me it's very much positive).

Madies avatar Madie No Way +3Reply

Morals are based on personal belief and I think everyone should do what they're comfortable with when they're comfortable doing it. I'm choosing to wait till marriage, but if you aren't, good for you.

And I'm really getting tired of the way people talk about "society." Society is everybody around you that influences you, so basically what you're saying is "Everybody should ignore all outside influences and save sex for marriage."