+352

Black couple naming their child: I like that name! Let’s just add a “La” at the front, and a couple of apostrophes here and there. White couple naming their child: I like that name! Let’s replace every single vowel with a “Y”, and add some unnecessary letters. amirite?

reerees avatar
24 62
The voters have decided that reeree is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@708052

So then who uses the actual original version of the name?

@708052

marry me.

La'tri'sh'a
Cynnthya

@0__________________0 La'tri'sh'a Cynnthya

Kristen= La'Kris'ten / Krystynn

reerees avatar reeree Yeah You Are +42Reply
@reeree Kristen= La'Kris'ten / Krystynn

lawls my friend's name is actually spelled "Kristyn"

Pedo_Cats avatar Pedo_Cat Yeah You Are +6Reply
@reeree Kristen= La'Kris'ten / Krystynn

hannah: lahan'ah.. i already have unnecessary letters in my name :p but i like it this way

hloonvses avatar hloonvse Yeah You Are +3Reply

I haven't seen a white person named Cynnthya... and I don't think this generation will... Maybe Elyzabeth or Carly or Nycole.

@reeree what's wrong with Carly?

I just know I don't want to be Grandma Carly. I believe Carly is cute for a girl 21 and under. Then things become more professional. It's adorable on like a 3 year old though.

I know someone who was named La-.

It was pronounced ladasha.

ono smilie

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are +28Reply
@Big_Boss I know someone who was named La-. It was pronounced ladasha.

So many people claim to have encountered La- but I have yet to EVER meet one.

@So many people claim to have encountered La- but I have yet to EVER meet one.

My friend knows someone called La-a, pronounced that way. Also a girl named Abcde (Absedee).

Hahaha, my friend's mom met a Le-a, Le-a got really mad when my friend's mom didn't call her "Ladasha"

@3smilee16 Hahaha, my friend's mom met a Le-a, Le-a got really mad when my friend's mom didn't call her "Ladasha"

La-a's parents got really pissed when her teachers weren't pronouncing her name correctly, lmao.

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Big_Boss La-a's parents got really pissed when her teachers weren't pronouncing her name correctly, lmao.

That's the exact same story my teacher told me in class :O Do we know the same teacher?? Or the same friend that told both of us the exact same story?

@SquarepantsPotter That's the exact same story my teacher told me in class :O Do we know the same teacher?? Or the same friend that...

You don't live in California by any chance...amirite?

I'm not trying to creep on ya or something. Just trying to find out if we really did have the same teacher wary smilie

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Big_Boss Southern California, by any chance?

Why, yes actually. San Luis Obispo county. But you're from some place called HIgh Charity, it says on your profile. . .

@SquarepantsPotter Why, yes actually. San Luis Obispo county. But you're from some place called HIgh Charity, it says on your profile. . .

Oh. That is close by, but I highly doubt that we know the same La-a.

Do you know anyone with the last name "Moya"?

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Big_Boss Oh. That is close by, but I highly doubt that we know the same La-a. Do you know anyone with the last name "Moya"?

Haha no. What I do think is more likely is that my teacher has heard of the same La-a or atleast through a strange, obscure string of telephone that somehow leads back to you knows the same story that you heard.

@SquarepantsPotter Haha no. What I do think is more likely is that my teacher has heard of the same La-a or atleast through a strange...

Oh ok. It would've been insane if we knew the same person.

I found out through a teacher first, then did a little of my own research since it seemed like a common joke. Turns out it was legit. :O

@CapedCrusader Oh really? http://www.snopes.com/racial/language/le-a.asp

It's more common than I thought, then?

I assure you that this person does exist.

It's probably a running joke for parents, just for teh lulz.

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are +15Reply
@AnnDeeva No, no you don't.

Yeah, a random person on the Internet would definitely know who I'm friends with and who goes to my school. ono smilie

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are +22Reply

About 2 minutes ago, I just have a conversation with a friend that we both decided we like "Ayden" better than "Aiden"

Whoa.

OptimusPrime69s avatar OptimusPrime69 Yeah You Are +26Reply

what's the difference really? That when he goes to Disneyland (or where ever), Ayden won't be able to find the keychain with "Ayden" on it? I bet you won't be happy when he's kinda sad that the only keychain they have close to his name is Aiden!!! It's way more popular=keychain with that spelling

A girl once told my dad that I had a weird name. My name is Mary. Her name was Rontunde.

@Retooser A girl once told my dad that I had a weird name. My name is Mary. Her name was Rontunde.

How was it pronounced? Because the way it sounds to me is like "rotund". Was she fat? hahaha

@How was it pronounced? Because the way it sounds to me is like "rotund". Was she fat? hahaha

It's pronounced like run- ton (as in weighs a ton)- day. And she was a little on the heavy side!

Don't forget the black people endings like -nte (male) and -iqua (female).

you forgot shady-nasty!

... i mean... sha'dynasty :D

LaHar'per
Harrpyr

Olivia - La'Liv'ia - Olyvya

@artisticdegenerate Olivia - La'Liv'ia - Olyvya

I have a friend named Alyvia. >.>

According to howmanyofme.com, there are "fewer than 1,557 peopke in the United Stated with the first name La-a".

I don't know if that helps at all, but hey, it's still amusing.

colettes avatar colette Yeah You Are +4Reply

@I just know I don't want to be Grandma Carly. I believe Carly is cute for a girl 21 and under. Then things become...

My name is Lindsea. I never once got upset that my name wasn't on a keychain. I actually hoped it didn't appear on one so I would feel unique.

La'chel'siqua is my new name. Or Chelsy. Whichever you prefer.

No. Black American couple. Black South Africans don't use daft names like that.

My name is Tuscany ...
I have a very strong desire to go to Tuscany and buy myself a
'I <3 TUSCANY'
Hoodie

La'ashle'y
Ashleygh
Laka'itlin
Kaetlyn

My friend knew a girl who'se name was SteAnna, she was named after her parents, Steve and Annabelle

An interracial baby would be named La'myygyn (La'megan)

I was in the supermarket and a mother was calling to her twins named LeMicheal and LaDanielle. (I'm not sure how to spell them because I only heard the names).

And I have known some white girls named Ashleigh or Ashleygh.

Asian couple naming their child: I like that name! Fuck it let's just chuck some cutlery down the stairs