+495

Not too many years from now some of us will be English teachers, and we will assign our class Harry Potter books and we will over analyze them to our student's dismay. Amirite?

ilostmyshoes avatar
15 7
The voters have decided that ilostmyshoe is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I can see it now. "Okay guys, did you know that Harry Potter was actually an allegory of World War 1 and 2? Lord Vol- I mean, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was actually Germany. You see after He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named's demise, everything was at peace. Then he returned along with his Death Eaters. The Death Eaters are easily the Nazi Party. AND DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN PARALLEL THE SPELLS TO TODAY'S FIREARMS?"

Harry's birthday falling in July represents the struggle of African Americans to gain equal rights and Hermione's bushy hair represents a warning of the dangers of advancing technology too quickly.

MrRites avatar MrRite Yeah You Are +7Reply

Here's another: "Did you know that in the 3rd book when Fred and George give Harry the Maurader's Map, when they tell Harry that one of the passages was blocked as of last year, it was because that passage led to the Cahmber of Secrets. It was blocked when the curse Lockhart used was backfired."

Before you become an English teacher, you should probably learn how to use apostrophes correctly, though. :P

Haha.
In 4th Grade, we did do a unit on Harry Potter, and read the 1st and 2nd book and had class discussions on it and all.
But being 6th Grade, we didn't do a very in-depth analysis.
This was just when the first movie came out, I think, and before the 5th book was released.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are +4Reply

Dear God I hope not.