+528

Smokers are quitters whether or not they give up cigarettes. If they don't then they are just quitting life early. Amirite?

Chromanas avatar
4 31
The voters have decided that Chromana is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Smoking is not the only unhealthy thing one can do. That's like saying fast drivers, junk food eaters, drinkers, tanning bed enthusiats, etc are all quitters. It's dumb, im tired of getting ragged on for doing something i want that doesnt harm anyone else (i dont smoke around ppl so no second hand smoke harm from me)

@Smoking is not the only unhealthy thing one can do. That's like saying fast drivers, junk food eaters, drinkers...

So what about all the other people that smoke around others?

Also, you probably offend other people's noses since smokers tend to smell all horrible and smoky. I'm sorry, but that's just one side effect of smoking.
Oh and the yellow skin.
...Did I forget to talk about being disgusted by the smokers' cough?

There isn't a single good reason for smoking, and a whole list of bad ones.
The "it relaxes me" one is bullshit, there are so many ways to relax yourself without harming yourself. You're only defending it because you can't give it up, which I fully understand. I know it's fucking hard to give up. But don't you want a better, healthier life for yourself?

Chromanas avatar Chromana Yeah You Are +5Reply

Not necessarily, my great-granddad smoked thirty a day for seventy years and he's still alive and kicking.

@Yorkie Not necessarily, my great-granddad smoked thirty a day for seventy years and he's still alive and kicking.

Yeah but that's just rare. Plus he'd probably live longer if he didn't smoke. It's pointless me listing the health problems that come with smoking since it's common knowledge.

Chromanas avatar Chromana Yeah You Are +10Reply
@Chromana Yeah but that's just rare. Plus he'd probably live longer if he didn't smoke. It's pointless me listing the health...

no its nt. My grandma lived till 80 something and smoked everyday even while she had ammonia.

Don't wanna be a buzzkill, but nothing has, or ever will be, attributed to smoking. If you wanna know why, just reply, and I'll explain, but basically, you cannot attribute causation from an observational study. Ask any statistician.

@ThatOneNut obvious dumbass is obvious

You don't understand what you're saying; you're just typing whatever pops up in your brain, aren't you?

@scrantoncity You don't understand what you're saying; you're just typing whatever pops up in your brain, aren't you?

No, in fact I think it is YOU who does not understand what you are saying. Maybe you were born without the part of the brain that processes data and you cannot begin to comprehend simple ideas, this is the third subject that you're going to make a fool of yourself in because you are so naive.

@ThatOneNut No, in fact I think it is YOU who does not understand what you are saying. Maybe you were born without the part of...

Hey, research it, buddy. I'm in AP statistics. My teacher got his GED in experimental design. You cannot attribute causation (to smoking) just by observing people's habits. It can't be done. Of course lung cancer is caused by cigarettes. However, can they prove this? Nope.

@scrantoncity Hey, research it, buddy. I'm in AP statistics. My teacher got his GED in experimental design. You cannot attribute...

ohhhhh AP statistics... that means something.... I'm in Biology II IB HL I think I win that one. As for you teacher you can't seriously use your teacher as an authority... Governmental Research (one of the most trusted kinds because the governments gets a lot of specialists) has conclusive results that smoking causes lung cancer and other stuff.

@ThatOneNut ohhhhh AP statistics... that means something.... I'm in Biology II IB HL I think I win that one. As for you teacher...

Actually, you know who designs those experiments they run? People like my teacher. People with GEDs in experimental design.

Also, if you trust the government to run an experiment smoothly do you have some problems. The gov't wouldn't be able to put out a fire if its pants were alight and it had a water pail in its left hand!

I'll be an authority: observational studies (where they don't change any variables, just examine) CAN NOT attribute causation. Does smoking cause lung cancer? Yes. Can we observe this? Yes. Can we prove this? Nope.

@ThatOneNut ... Your teacher is a nobody and you're a dumbass. Case closed.

So far you haven't made a good-or even decent-case. Here's what you've done:
Insult me; insult my intelligence; question my sources; blatantly say you're an authority, no questions asked; insult me some more; insult me some more. Now, don't be mad when I don't take your pathetic attempt to prove me wrong seriously. It wasn't even a good try. You haven't said anything, nor am I led to believe you even KNOW anything.

Chao.

Some people live a long time that smoke.

Mikes avatar Mike No Way 0Reply
@Mike Some people live a long time that smoke.

Yeah, yeah of course there are exceptions. Aren't you a clever one for pointing that out? Some people survive bullet wounds to the head but you wouldn't go around saying it's ok to shoot people in the head just because a small percentage are ok afterwards.

psshhtt stop it with the ani-smoking posts already. smoking is as bad as eating fast food, so be quiet. besides, quitting life is giving up on it, in other words suicide; are you implying those who committed suicide did the same exact thing as those who smoke? smoking is for enjoyment

@psshhtt stop it with the ani-smoking posts already. smoking is as bad as eating fast food, so be quiet. besides...

"...did the same exact thing". Now that's a dumb thing to say. Of course it's not the "same exact thing". Nonetheless, any non-idiot smokers should know that it is likely to shorten their lifespan.

Also, where did I say that eating fast food was good, or indeed not bad, for you? So because there are multiple bad things that you can do to your body you shouldn't talk about any of them?

Chromanas avatar Chromana Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Chromana "...did the same exact thing". Now that's a dumb thing to say. Of course it's not the "same exact thing"...

i'm sick of people saying smoking is bad while it is but ONE of the PLENTY things the average person does, and even less, since so many people are "anti-smoking" now. they still eat horrendous food and destroy their body with chemicals for what, fashion? now that's okay, because at least it's pretty or yummy, but smoking is a no-no. i mean come on, smoking a form of suicide? EVERYTHING is a form of suicide if you think like that

@i'm sick of people saying smoking is bad while it is but ONE of the PLENTY things the average person does, and even...

stop breathing ,your inhaling dangerous viruses that can kill u! by doing so u are killing urself! OOOOH!!!! -___- seriously? why are you trying to act all vague with cigarettes? are you trying to justify your cause with a simple answer?

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul
-Billy Madison

how is smoking like eating mcdonalds -___-

@What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling...

oh i suppose now you're much more clever than me, making anything i say that you don't understand qualify as stupid? it's obvious how smoking and fast food are alike, they share ONE FUCKING TRAIT

Haha there's a quit smoking add at the bottom of the page XD but I've decided I'm not gonna get in to this any farther than saying yes smoking is bad for you, but please fuck off with the anti-smoking posts, it's really annoying