+460

Political commercials should be required to be factually accurate, amirite?

BreakfastFans avatar
1 13
The voters have decided that BreakfastFan is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

"My opponent is an evil man. You can tell by the way he denied his kid a pet dog that he probably drowns puppies out by the river. Do we really want a puppy killer in public office?"

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +6Reply
@FlyingGuineaPig "My opponent is an evil man. You can tell by the way he denied his kid a pet dog that he probably drowns puppies...

"Not only that, but he takes candy from babies and then uses donation money to buy lube and have sex with goats. Do we really want a goat fucker in office?"

BreakfastFans avatar BreakfastFan Yeah You Are +4Reply

i saw an ad that said the guy kicks kids in the face, i don't know how true that was.

They should.
In the House race for the lone seat of South Dakota, Republican candidate Kristi Noem accused the incumbent Democrat Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin of not supporting gun rights, when in reality, Herseth-Sandlin voted for gun rights and is even endorsed by the NRA.
Noem went on to say how she was endorsed by the NRA and they gave Herseth-Sandlin an 'F' rating, when Noem isn't endorsed by the NRA and Herseth-Sandlin has an 'A' rating from the NRA.

It was ridiculous.

Clay_s avatar Clay_ Yeah You Are +3Reply

You can't require them to be factually accurate, because then the right wing will complain because they can't express their opinions.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are +2Reply

I hope when politicians die they have to watch all the negative ads about them over and over again...

@lilmissgiggles I hope when politicians die they have to watch all the negative ads about them over and over again...

that doesn't make any sense, you can't watch commercials when you're dead silly

LovelyGreens avatar LovelyGreen Yeah You Are +1Reply

All commercials are political

ahaha, i laughed when i saw the video. i think it was a canadian commercial i'm not sure.

They already have to be. Otherwise the people who made the commercial can be sued for Slander. Today, the ad makers just know how to get around it...but I still understand what you mean

HopeImrites avatar HopeImrite Yeah You Are 0Reply