+5

We always tell people from different cultures to learn our culture, learn our language, blah blah blah, and say things like "You came to our country, you live by our customs!" Yet, if we were to go to a foreign country, we abide by their rules because we don't want to offend them. I'm not sure which side is right, but it's damn confusing. amirite?

superaverycakes14s avatar
0 3
The voters have decided that superaverycakes14 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yeah rly. Lol personally I think they should be able to speak our language. I think that they should be able to follow whatever customs they want tho, beyond language. They can even speak their language in their homes or with family. They should just know English...:)

@Anangrygnome Yeah rly. Lol personally I think they should be able to speak our language. I think that they should be able to...

The only way that would be totally fair, though, is if they let us practice our culture in their place. I mean... the only example I can think of right now is like, if I (a female) were to go to say.. Pakistan, I would be forced to wear a burka. But if someone wearing a burka came here and we forced them to wear real clothes, we would get penalized

Yeah. I c ur point. The difference tho is that the US is based on equality and fairness. We would allow them a choice becuz its fair. Some other countries, however would not...