+410

I give free grammar classes here and most of you don't even appreciate that. It's true, you never realize the value of something you get for free, amirite?

5 10

First off, there should be a comma between "here" and "and". The "and" separates two independent clauses and therefore needs a comma. Also, you should have either a semicolon or a period between "true" and "you"; a comma does not suffice because there is not conjunction between the two independent clauses. Nice try for a Grammar Nazi.

@First off, there should be a comma between "here" and "and". The "and" separates two independent clauses and...

Thank you. I love how the grammar Nazis on this site think that if you use correct capitalization and make your posts look generally presentable that you are grammatically correct. They don't even take into account the actual mechanics of the language. Noobs.

And no, I'm not claiming to be a grammar Nazi myself; I tend towards what sounds more colloquially pleasing. Just making an observation. :P

You need an "a" before "conjunction." Also, your last sentence is a fragment; it therefore does not express a complete thought.

@FreeMustacheRides You need an "a" before "conjunction." Also, your last sentence is a fragment; it therefore does not express a...

Oh, dang! I made a typo! That's embarrassing. I should proofread. Forgetting the "a" was just an honest mistake. Fragments are considered acceptable in some forms of writing, but it is risky when one is speaking of grammar in the first place. So, I thank you for pointing out my mistakes; I appreciate it!

Now THAT was the smartest thing I've heard you say! (Well, read anyway) Kudos!

Except for Halloween candy! :)

congrats! I was wondering if I was the only one who picked up on those.

Are there showers?

I know my grammar, just to lazy to care....or drunk. Whatever.

Anonymous