-81

Why do gays want to be accepted by the Catholic or any other religion that looks down upon them ? No disrespect to homosexuals,but that is like a black person getting mad that he cant join the KKK, amirite?

leomaganas avatar
2 10
The voters have decided that leomagana is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Maybe they want to be a part of the aspects of the religion that include moral and spiritual guidance, rather than the predjudice?

Simons avatar Simon No Way +18Reply
@Simon Maybe they want to be a part of the aspects of the religion that include moral and spiritual guidance, rather than...

I understand where you are coming from but I mean people should know going in that most religions are judgmental. That being said homosexuals can find or maybe even create a religion that supports their points of view and have a good moral guidance. I want to make it clear that I'm not against gays in any way.

leomaganas avatar leomagana Yeah You Are -1Reply
@1863160

True. But that's not the case here. And either way, it's people being judgmental using religion as an excuse.

Thats like saying don't go to school if you don't like being in cramped buildings for hours on ends. There are positives and negatives to everything, and being gay and going to church have both of those. Lots of churches don't hate gays, and I think if I was gay I would still go to church.

Ethans avatar Ethan No Way +6Reply
@1863156

A lot of churches won't kick you out, but you won't exactly feel welcome. Some of my friends say that they can't imagine a gay person coming to their church because they know they won't fit in.

@LittleRed A lot of churches won't kick you out, but you won't exactly feel welcome. Some of my friends say that they can't...

I go to a Catholic school/church and I know a fair amount of gay people. They are all very welcomed, and even the most popular - not because they're gay but because they're genuinely fun people. Heck, last year our school president was gay.
So not all Catholic schools/churches will downright reject gays.

Well, religions change - Catholicism got rid of limbo for unbaptised babies, for example, so it's not impossible that they'll change their stance on homosexuality in the distant future. Also, just because you identify as being a part of a certain religion or denomination doesn't mean you subscribe to all its beliefs. My family's Catholic but none of them, including my uncle who's a priest, have a problem with homosexuality.