+299

Murderers who kill premeditatively for "stupid" reasons should get a harsher punishment than murderers that kill premeditatively over understandable reasons. E.g. killing someone because they slam doors loudly in your dorm is worse than killing your mother and sister's rapist. amirite?

0 13

That is why they have different pleas you can use in court. For example, there is a plea that a wife can use if her husband is beating her and she ends up killing him to escape. She will still go to jail, but it will be for a much shorter time.

umm i agreed, but i really don't think that theres a better way to kill someone. but i still get what your sayin

Who gets to decide where to draw the line, though?
It comes down to a person's opinion of what's a 'stupid' reason and what isn't, which would create an inconsistency in the application of the law.

I don't really see why anyone would NW this.

@Nicole_Anonymous I don't really see why anyone would NW this.

Because murder is murder is murder, and it is always wrong no matter what the circumstances are.

@Cashew Because murder is murder is murder, and it is always wrong no matter what the circumstances are.

yeah and both of the people who murdered are being punished but the one who didn't really even have a reason it being punished harder.

@Nicole_Anonymous yeah and both of the people who murdered are being punished but the one who didn't really even have a reason it...

Well, thinking logically, if all murder has the same degree of "wrongness," then all murder should have the same degree of punishment.

@Cashew Well, thinking logically, if all murder has the same degree of "wrongness," then all murder should have the same...

but not all murder has the same degree of wrongness. If you kill someone because they stole your deck of cards and I killed someone because they raped my child your murder was more wrong than mine because I had more reasoning behind mine.

@Nicole_Anonymous but not all murder has the same degree of wrongness. If you kill someone because they stole your deck of cards and...

The reasoning itself might have different degrees, but the act of murder is always the same. Murder is always the taking of a life; that definition doesn't change. So in my opinion, whatever the reason behind murder, what it all boils down to is that it's a murder, and it's no different from any other murder.

Whats worse than the death penalty?