+22

Saying that homosexuality is a choice is as biologically ignorant as saying that being mentally handicapped is in your direct control, too. amirite?

vondahls avatar
0 13
The voters have decided that vondahl is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Ha, I get your point.

But you still just did a comparison between homosexuality and mental handicapped.

I know that. But I want to know why you think it is not a choice.

@Grills_Bears I know that. But I want to know why you think it is not a choice.

I've met plentyyyy of people who have said that they've been attracted to the same sex for as long as they can remember. Yes, there are some who have had terrible experiences with the opposite sex and decided to be lesbian or gay, but I still think that attraction isn't something you can necessarily control. It's just my opinion. I guess I get mad when I hear people, like Ken Buck (a Coloradan Republic who ran for senator), say that homosexuality is a choice like alcoholism is.

vondahls avatar vondahl Yeah You Are +1Reply
@vondahl I've met plentyyyy of people who have said that they've been attracted to the same sex for as long as they can...

Well, it can be like alcoholism because Native Americans have a very low tolerance for alcohol and can be addicted VERY easily. But some people just are stupid and try to drink their troubles away. And no offense to gay people at all, but wouldn't biology have corrected that if it was biological? Because gay people can't reproduce if they don't have sex with the opposite sex, which they don't like.

@Grills_Bears Well, it can be like alcoholism because Native Americans have a very low tolerance for alcohol and can be addicted...

One mustn't forget that there are always genetic mutations. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with homosexuality, of course, but to me, it's a simple combination of genetic predisposition and the right environment to nurture it.

vondahls avatar vondahl Yeah You Are 0Reply

I agree with the first part... but really mentally handicapped XD did you really need to make that comparison?

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are 0Reply
@SpearmintMilk I agree with the first part... but really mentally handicapped XD did you really need to make that comparison?

Like I said, I didn't really think about the implications of the comparison until AFTER I posted it haha.

@vondahl Like I said, I didn't really think about the implications of the comparison until AFTER I posted it haha.

I was reading a book about Biological Psycology and it cited many studies that show that levels of hormones are diffrent in gay people and straight people and diffrent areas of the brain are bigger and smaller depending on sexual orientation and lots of other biological diffrences even bone structure so yeah... I also think it's biologically ignorant to think sexual orientation is a choice.

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +1Reply

I'm pretty sure it is a choice. I know many girls that DECIDED to become lesbians because they were abused in their relationships.