+112

If God created the world in 7 days, along with all the plants, animals, and people, then how did dinosaurs die billions of years before Adam and Eve came? amirite?

Cabbyfan24s avatar
7 58
The voters have decided that Cabbyfan24 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I believe that they weren't physical days. In the bible is says a day for a year and also a day for a thousand years. Therefore, it means a period of time not 24 hours per say.

@riri I believe that they weren't physical days. In the bible is says a day for a year and also a day for a thousand...

Yea most evolution believers/Christians believe that they weren't really seven days, more like seven eras and all. Myself being one.

6 days and millions of years ago, but yeah.

Well, maybe time passes faster for God. Or maybe something was lost in translation. Or maybe God's not real. Or maybe he's testing our faith.

Magic....

Screw religious debates. Everyone calm down. You're just being annoying. Both sides. That is all.

Honest question: what are you gaining by telling someone they're wrong in their faith? (not OP specific just everyone in general) you're a fucking idiot if you think you can change what someone deems to themselves to be fact through the inernet. Just because you throw out a few verses in the Bible or some scientific facts, doesn't mean you will change their ideas let alone their faith. Absolutely no one here has any refutable proof for God or against Him.

HopeImrites avatar HopeImrite Yeah You Are +2Reply
@HopeImrite None of the comments on this post do.

"Its amusing how you call radiocarbon dating bullshit and use the Bible to back it up" (implying the Bible is bullshit)

@pb55020 "Its amusing how you call radiocarbon dating bullshit and use the Bible to back it up" (implying the Bible is bullshit)

Honestly, just ignore it. There are a lot of people out there who are going to swear up and down that you're wrong, or who are just plain bigoted. We ALL have a right to our beliefs. It's something that no one can or should take away. I just ignore it when people start bashing the Bible or God. Nothing to be done.

What? I personally hate most of the Bible. Its not a history book. I also fully believe in God, and most of the Bible isnt a good representation of an "all loving being".

HopeImrites avatar HopeImrite Yeah You Are 0Reply
@HopeImrite What? I personally hate most of the Bible. Its not a history book. I also fully believe in God, and most of the...

The church says it's not fully historically true but only symbolically and religiously true.
and what? You've never beaten the shit out of someone you love?

@762983

then that girl is stupid as hell. I can't remember the book, but a dinosaur is described in the bible. I can't remember by who, but many people try and say they were talking about an elephant. Well, "tail like a tree trunk" hardly describes an elephants tail. And that's not an exact quote either, so if y'all know what book/chapter/verse I'm talking about you should share.

@763108

According to the creation museum, dinosaurs and humans lived together.

@763108

Are you asking or telling?

@763501

I have none, as I'm not in that sort of field or anything. And not to turn it around but, do you evidence that there was not?

I typed out an entire essay on this topic. Here is the really really short version: Its a fable. Not the meaning of the word fable as in "lie" but as in "a story passed through generations". This fable was created because the pagans which were ruling over the Jewish land at the time believed that there was a war between the good and evil gods. The good one and the world was created from the corpse of an evil god. Every human on the world was a slave to the good gods and should be serving them. The creation story was really just a way of going against the pagan society and making the creation of the Earth a positive appeal. The church says we don't need to take it literally and those who do are completely mental not taking science and the writers' pasts and history into account. The Bible says, though, that to God "one day is like 1000 years" in 2 Peter 3:8. And it is a VERY strange coincidence that the order of the events in the Bible are the same order that scientists believe the world and all of its creatures.

The Bible says that a day to God is a million years and a million years is a day. So technically each day was more or less a million years I guess.

Allegory. A good portion, including Genesis, of the Old Testament is considered an allegory. However, people have the right to believe that it was created as said in the Old Testament, interpreting it literally. Well will never on this Earth know with absolute certainty; we will only be able to conjecture and reasonably believe through science and faith.

@DictatorCourtney Allegory. A good portion, including Genesis, of the Old Testament is considered an allegory. However, people have...

The only fault with that is that many people use it to remain ignorant and go "BLAH BLAH BLAH BALH I CANT HEAR YOU" when someone says otherwise.

@HopeImrite The only fault with that is that many people use it to remain ignorant and go "BLAH BLAH BLAH BALH I CANT HEAR YOU"...

People can be ignorant if they want to and will use any excuse. Let them believe what they will, this is a case where there is nothing you can do.

@HopeImrite There really is nothing i can do. But i dont like it

In a perfect world, everyone would believe the same thing and it would be the truth, but we don't live in that world so we have to just kind of get along. Besides, this is a pretty benign belief.

It was 6 days :P

Alecsls avatar Alecsl No Way +1Reply

I'm just glad this was homepaged, I don't care that a lot of people posted bogus comments on here.

Cabbyfan24s avatar Cabbyfan24 Yeah You Are +1Reply

This is what some creationist Christians believe:
http://www.answersingenesis.org...-the-dinosaurs

I actually just realized this... it says there was night and day, but it doesn't say how long the days were. Its not like the Earth always rotated in 24 hours.

It wasn't seven literal days. It was seven periods of time.

Not to start a fight, but if God was capable of creating the world in 7 days, he's completely capable of creating fosils to go along with it.

They didn't, I believe creatures similar lived with humans.

@asdijojioiojioxj They didn't, I believe creatures similar lived with humans.

Okay, well carbon dating says otherwise, this isn't the flintstones buddy, it is reality.

@Okay, well carbon dating says otherwise, this isn't the flintstones buddy, it is reality.

hahaha flinstones? never said it was... and carbon dating is bullshit it can't be proven-
see in Exodus their was this this little thing that occurred- a world wide flood, in which sediment would have piled up a ridiculous amount, therefore causing what looks like years and years (AND years) to have piled up over a ridiculously short amount of time.

@asdijojioiojioxj hahaha flinstones? never said it was... and carbon dating is bullshit it can't be proven- see in Exodus their was...

It is amusing that you call radiocarbon dating "bullshit" and then use the Bible to back up your statement...

@DanielJames It is amusing that you call radiocarbon dating "bullshit" and then use the Bible to back up your statement...

well, duh, because that's what i believe. just like you're using what you believe to back up your statements.
and also, carbondating is factually recorded to have problems...soo...yes, calling it bullshit is fair.

@asdijojioiojioxj well, duh, because that's what i believe. just like you're using what you believe to back up your statements. and...

No, I'm using science, which, despite some flaws, is centered on empirical, tangible data. You're using a two thousand year old book with numerous inconsistencies.

@DanielJames No, I'm using science, which, despite some flaws, is centered on empirical, tangible data. You're using a two...

actually I have never came across anything inconsistent in the Bible only people who misinterpret it.

@asdijojioiojioxj actually I have never came across anything inconsistent in the Bible only people who misinterpret it.

You know that as the years have past they have taken out many things from the bible? Including the fact that there was another girl before eve? Just wanna let you ponder that for a moment...

@1422721

I am also a kid who has gone to a catholic school my whole life, and I also know my religious "stuff".

Cabbyfan24s avatar Cabbyfan24 Yeah You Are 0Reply

carbon dating isn't an accurate way of dating objects. they took to rocks that were placed there at the same time and one was said to be millions of years of and another wa said to be thousands of years old

BAULENs avatar BAULEN Yeah You Are -6Reply