+149

War is getting old, countries need to learn from their mistakes.Can the soldiers all just can home with their families where their safe and happy? let all the daddys and mommies come home to their kids and spouses and relatives. let the other countries fight their own war, amirite?

littlewonders avatar Politics
3 25
The voters have decided that littlewonder is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

So wait. What I got from this was "Get the American soldiers home and fuck all the other soldiers, let them fight their own wars."

Then we can all braid each others hair and sing kumbaya around a camp fire.

Why do you assume that all armed forces would rather return home than serve their country?

As much as this seems like a happy idea, it won't happen. There have only been 200 years where there hasn't been a war. In order to get rid of war, you'd have to get rid of everyone with a different opinion about something, and it's just not going to happen, and what side in correct?
Everyone is correct. Everyone has their own opinion and thought.
Plus, people who join the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, etc WANT to serve our country.

@Lollerderby As much as this seems like a happy idea, it won't happen. There have only been 200 years where there hasn't been a...

USMC, eh? Excellent choice, me too :3

OT: Each generation comes with its own hatred of other people. This is why war never ends. Yesterday's enemies are tomorrow's allies, and vice versa.

Ive enlisted into the Marine Corps because I want to serve if I didnt want to I wouldnt even consider joining the services. If you dont wanna serve then dont enlist its that simple

well everyone could just shut the hell up :) . sure they want to serve our country but they would still miss their families.

littlewonders avatar littlewonder Yeah You Are -1Reply

Bless this post!

evan123s avatar evan123 Yeah You Are +2Reply
@1740439

Humans do not have "pure hatred for each other." The Allies didn't fight Hitler out of hatred. The United States didn't try to stop communism because they hated other countries and wanted to make them suffer. Sometimes the most practical solution to a problem is violence. It doesn't mean we all hate each other; if anything, it means some people love each other enough to protect them with their lives.

As much as I agree with the message, the horrible grammar bothers me.

@Dinosaurs As much as I agree with the message, the horrible grammar bothers me.

I apologize for that. Do remember, I made this over a year ago. That was before I discovered that typing in that manner was idiotic.

littlewonders avatar littlewonder Yeah You Are 0Reply

im guessing they miss their families. My cousin just came back from the war and she missed her 2 year old son a lot.

littlewonders avatar littlewonder Yeah You Are +1Reply

you do know that you get paid for being a soldier right?

The US has never gotten into a war where they weren't attacked first (not counting vietnam, and we can all agree that was really dumb)

@The US has never gotten into a war where they weren't attacked first (not counting vietnam, and we can all agree...

(Your+name+(optional)): The United States entered the War of 1812, the Mexican-American War, the Spanish-American War, World War I, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Gulf War, and, arguably the War in Iraq and the War in Afghanistan, without being attacked first.

War of 1812 is a little iffy. Mexican-American I don't remember too well but I don't think it was just hey let's go attack Mexico. In the Spanish-American war the USS Maine was blown up off the coast of Cuba and the Americans believed te Spanish were responsible. WWI we entered after learning of the nazis plans to attack us with Mexico and Japan.

The USS Maine was possibly just an excuse though because they weren't sure what exactly caused the explosion. Mexican-American it was mostly Americans who wanted the territory but it was both sides. And as for WW1, our ships were being attacked, and wasn't there also The Zimmerman Note? I'd hardly say that one was unprovoked.

but the public believed the spanish destroyed it. I don't remember particularly the mex-american war but i think it was something like that. and ya that was the zimmerman note.

Yeah I meant the last part toward whoever said WW1 was one of the wars where the US wasn't attacked first because it definitely was.

(Your+name+(optional)): im not implying on the US alone, and i know sometimes you have to fight but it doesnt change that it hurts families.peace would help the current state of our country and the world in general.