-54

We should be able to text during school and not get in trouble, amirite?

glamourgirl291s avatar Education
2 24
The voters have decided that glamourgirl291 is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'm pretty sure the point of school is to pay attention to the teacher and learn, not text Becky about that one party last night...

@Tallglassofwater I'm pretty sure the point of school is to pay attention to the teacher and learn, not text Becky about that one...

But Becky just texted me and said she kissed Johnny. That's a problem; I like Johnny. I mean..OMG, Becky's not even hot!

YEAH! We should also be able to play video games during school, talk on the phone during school, and leave class whenever we want, 'cause we don't go to school to learn or anything.

Lkuns avatar Lkun No Way +50Reply

It should be up to the teacher
They could be all, "Fine, text, but I won't help you if you need it and if you text during a test, it's a zero" or "BITCH TEXT AND I'LL RIP YOUR PERKY LITTLE BOOBS OFF."
But, overall, no.

Katffros avatar Katffro No Way +28Reply

We should be able to hide our phones from the teachers while we text so we don't get in trouble--OH WAIT.

JaedtheEchos avatar JaedtheEcho Yeah You Are +28Reply

That's just stupid.

During school yes. During class, no.

shorkians avatar shorkian Yeah You Are +20Reply
@shorkian During school yes. During class, no.

I agree, slightly. I say you can text, but its your own fault when you fail.

Kialandis avatar Kialandi Yeah You Are +5Reply

I think that texting in between classes and during lunch is okay, but not during classes.

If it's your parents bothering you about if you're going to ride the bus after school or if you have a team practice or something?
Sure, you should be excused to send a quick text, and then go back to class.

To actually text though? As a person who has only texted once (not counting texts to my parents) and it was because the teacher was a complete idiot and didn't give a crap, no.

Most of us DO text in school and don't get in trouble . . .

funny how this is in negatives but we all do it.

@ender Speak for yourself, Montana.

bull youve done it
ps a different subject, is your name from enders game?

@bull youve done it ps a different subject, is your name from enders game?

Not in class, I never did.

And yes, my name was inspired by Ender's Game.

enders avatar ender No Way 0Reply

Where's the fun in that?

I'm sorry, but from the perspective of someone in their last year of school, we should absolutely NOT be allowed to text in class unless it is an extreme circumstance, because I know that hardly anyone would pay attention, do any work or learn anything if they were allowed even NEAR their phones during school.

See my school is awesome because we are allowed to have cellphones/lap tops/ iPads etc. during class. To, ehm, look up things on google (or be on amirite?)

I think its okay if you're able to focus and still learn while texting. While if its a test i can understand no texting being allowed then, but other than that, i don't think schools should be so crazy strict on it.

@I think its okay if you're able to focus and still learn while texting. While if its a test i can understand no...

thats the problem... "everyone" is able to do that, and if a teacher lets one person do it they have to let everyone

you only should be able to if you have a good grade in the class and your done with your assighnment

Rhodess avatar Rhodes Yeah You Are -5Reply