+503

It’s ironic how in a country that has the most problems with obesity, being skinny is considered pretty. Likewise, some of the African countries with hardly any surplus of food find larger women to be attractive. The universe just loves making beauty unattainable, amirite?

hpfanatic77s avatar
13 10
The voters have decided that hpfanatic77 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It's not ironic. If you're fat in a country that is hungry, it shows that you have enough food to keep yourself healthy. If you're skinny in a rich country, it shows that you have enough time to work out.

@It's not ironic. If you're fat in a country that is hungry, it shows that you have enough food to keep yourself...

I meant because those countries have so little food, it's hard for women, and anyone really, to maintain a large body, and therefore be considered beautiful.

hpfanatic77s avatar hpfanatic77 Yeah You Are +8Reply

Not really. If you're too skinny in a starving country, that's unhealthy and dangerous, therfore unattractive or even frightening. People in a healthy country eating too much is a sign of greed, laziness, and is also a sign that they aren't as in shape or genetically good for reproducing with.

or maybe it's to show that you can do what everyone else "can't"-- like i dont mean that in a positive "YOU CAN DO IT" way, but like in a way that you just have to be better than everyone else by being the opposite...? i dunno, just a thought.

ClaireTheBozos avatar ClaireTheBozo Yeah You Are +2Reply

You can't please everyone

People want what they don't have.

@1177627

Actually, it's not biology. If it were, humans would be attracted to those best adapted to survive. In America, most men find models attractive, yet do you really think a girl who's 5'10" and weighs 90lbs is built to survive? I don't think so. It all comes down to what we as humans perceive as attractive, and that is all based on what society has taught us to believe. Also, as a sidenote, do you honestly believe that obesity, no matter what country it's found in, is healthy? Or being very skinny, for that matter? I think "it's biology, not society" is just an excuse for certain men and women to act/be shallow and vain.

hpfanatic77s avatar hpfanatic77 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1178022

Yes, I'm sure that's EXACTLY why men like big boobs. And I'm sure the first thought that pops into your head when you see a woman with a nice ass is "Her womb must be huge, she's perfect for carrying my children". Really? I may not be a guy myself, but I'm not an idiot. Maybe YOU happen to be attracted to women who have large wombs and produce a lot of milk, but most men are attracted to women with big boobs and a nice ass--not the natural advantages provided by said traits. Also, your argument about overweight being the healthiest weight in a society with little food makes no sense. Overweight and underweight are not healthy weights, hence their prefixes.