+346

Harry Potter and The New Testament are very similar. In both, we follow the growth of a young man who does things that we wouldn't be able to believe unless we saw them and who ends up dying before coming back to life, all the while having his trusted followers with him through thick and thin, amirite?

Sinners avatar Jokes & Humour
10 40
The voters have decided that Sinner is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I totally read this as "Harry Potter and the New Testament" like it was book 8 in the series or something. I'm going to hell, aren't I?

@I totally read this as "Harry Potter and the New Testament" like it was book 8 in the series or something. I'm...

i'm really hoping all the people who +1 this aren't indicating i'm going to hell cuz then i'm in trouble, but hey, you prolly are too.

INB4 RELIGIOUS DEB... oh fuck it, knock yourselves out.

Sinners avatar Sinner Yeah You Are +15Reply

except that we don't see jesus grow up. He's born, then he hangs out with some temple elders, then suddenly he's 30.

I also noticed parallels between Voldemort and Hitler.

@Andromeda I also noticed parallels between Voldemort and Hitler.

Me too. The more I think about it the more alike they are! I wonder if that was intentional.

I hope people who didn't know he dies and comes back to life read this. P:

orangesockss avatar orangesocks Yeah You Are +8Reply

"And while I'm on the subject, let me say something about Harry Potter. Warlocks are the enemies of God! And I don't care what kind of hero they are, they're an enemy of God and had it been in the Old Testament, Harry Potter would have been put to death! You don't make heroes out of warlocks!"
-Becky Fischer, Jesus Camp, documentary.

you sound like an English teacher with all this symbolism nonsense.

And they are the 2 highest selling works of fiction of all time!

Bretts avatar Brett Yeah You Are +2Reply

The last book(all of them really) is a huge biblical allusion. It's deliberate.

J.K. Rowling's works are inspired by the stories from the New Testament.

@Boufaka J.K. Rowling's works are inspired by the stories from the New Testament.

No, they are not. Just because a comparison can be made between Jesus and Harry Potter doesn't mean she got her inspiration from the Bible.

DanielJamess avatar DanielJames Yeah You Are +2Reply
@DanielJames No, they are not. Just because a comparison can be made between Jesus and Harry Potter doesn't mean she got her...

It is something I read in an article about her. So go argue with the person who wrote that article.

@960265

@960265 (polarthebear): I looked it up after she said it, and I admit she is y smilie and I am n smilie.

DanielJamess avatar DanielJames Yeah You Are 0Reply

Fawkes the phoenix was definitely a symbol for Jesus.

@wobbuffet Fawkes the phoenix was definitely a symbol for Jesus.

He was a symbol for Harry, too, in a way. Harry "rose from the ashes".

Except, Christians frown upon witchcraft.

@959461

Witchcraft, to some extent, exists.

My mom would kill me for this, but what if Jesus was a wizard?

Oh, and they're both fiction!

qwerty123s avatar qwerty123 Yeah You Are -9Reply
@qwerty123 Oh, and they're both fiction!

@959459 (imdoublesad): I agre@959603 (Corey): Could you please be more original?