+228

It's interesting to think that, when you look up at the night sky at a specific star, two thousand miles away someone could be looking up at that same star, amirite?

Deadpools avatar
1 9
The voters have decided that Deadpool is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It's equally interesting to think that there could be a life-sustaining planet orbiting that star, with someone on it looking back at our star and considering the exact same thing.

Encore93s avatar Encore93 Yeah You Are +9Reply
@Encore93 It's equally interesting to think that there could be a life-sustaining planet orbiting that star, with someone on...

Although I doubt that if there were a life-sustaining planet so far away, that it would have species so similar to humans. It could be all-hippo, and so no one would even wonder about what stars are.

@Nacklefoodle Although I doubt that if there were a life-sustaining planet so far away, that it would have species so similar to...

It depends on what the planet is made of. If it had a very similar composition to ours, then evolution could have created creatures with intelligent thought like us. Im not saying it definately would have, but it's possible, and fun to think about.

Encore93s avatar Encore93 Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Encore93 It depends on what the planet is made of. If it had a very similar composition to ours, then evolution could have...

No, I don't think humans are very natural. Why would nature create such a beast that destroys practically everything and everyone (including his own kind). Somewhere along the line humans got ruined by some mistake.

Besides, evolution is completely random, so it's nearly impossible for a world evolved on its own to share such a specific characteristic as interest in astronomy. I mean, of all the species just on THIS planet we're the only ones who think about it, so why would you think a whole another giant planet of completely irrelevant species would have it?

@Nacklefoodle No, I don't think humans are very natural. Why would nature create such a beast that destroys practically...

Well I don't whole heartedly believe it, but i'm saying it could happen. Improbable doesn't necessarily mean impossible.

Encore93s avatar Encore93 Yeah You Are +1Reply

That reminds me of Joe Dirt. Lol except he was looking at the moon. Same idea though.

Starkiller731s avatar Starkiller731 Yeah You Are 0Reply

oh, sorry, im not familiar with miles.

wouldnt it be day time half way around the world, so seeing stars would be highly improbable?

@de_licious wouldnt it be day time half way around the world, so seeing stars would be highly improbable?

I wouldn't think so. I live in California, and Florida is roughly 2000 miles away. They are 4 hours ahead of us. So if I can see the stars at 9 pm, they can see the same stars at 1 am.

Deadpools avatar Deadpool Yeah You Are 0Reply
Anonymous