+425

I'm pretty sure all those obese people walking around saying they are "proud" of who they are, are just talking bullshit. I mean if they were given the opportunity to lose 100 pounds over night they would snatch it like the last cookie in the cookie jar. amirite?

14 12

what if they were given the choice of last cookie in the cookie jar and losing 100 lbs?

Just because they have a lot weight to lose means they can't be proud of who they are?

Amount of body fat is not a good measurement of character.

@vitaminb Just because they have a lot weight to lose means they can't be proud of who they are? Amount of body fat is not a...

It can sometimes show that they are lazy or don't care about their well-being, or if they have hardly any body fat it could mean they are a hard worker and like to be healthy

@It can sometimes show that they are lazy or don't care about their well-being, or if they have hardly any body fat...

some, yes, but no where near all. Some people are fat merely because their body physically can't work it off.

Character is what should be judged when deciding whether or not they are proud of themselves, not excess body fat

@vitaminb some, yes, but no where near all. Some people are fat merely because their body physically can't work it...

I don't think the post has anything to do with judging character from body weight.

I think OP is saying that people who say things like, "Oh well I can eat whatever I want, because weight doesn't matter. I like myself the way I am. I wouldn't change for anybody." don't actually mean it and would jump at the chance to lose their weight.

I think what you're saying is an exception, if they can't lose the weight, but if they can't help being obese, they wouldn't lie about liking it. They could just tell the truth, "I'm not lazy..."

@StutiArora I don't think the post has anything to do with judging character from body weight. I think OP is saying that...

So just because someone is really obese and needs to and wants to lose a lot of weight means that they can't still be proud of who they are?

I'm overweight (not obese, I know that is what the post says but whatev) and I would like to lose weight, but I am still proud of who I am.

@vitaminb So just because someone is really obese and needs to and wants to lose a lot of weight means that they can't still...

There is a difference between being proud of who you are and denying you need change.

Good luck with your weight loss, though! :)

@StutiArora There is a difference between being proud of who you are and denying you need change. Good luck with your weight...

And even though you need change, you can still be proud of who you are. Weight is not the only thing that matters. Smarts and personality matter as well.

Thanks!

Well, I'm assuming the only obese people who say they're "proud" of who they are are the ones who have a disorder that causes them to gain excessive weight or are on a medication that makes them overweight...

I say I'm proud, and if I was offered the chance to loose 100 lbs I wouldn't accept. Of course that would leave me at 20 lbs, so yeah.