+6

Has anyone ever noticed that the song "I'll be home for Christmas" begins by promising to be home in time and saying that "you can count on me". But by the end of the song the person says "if only in my dreams". So how is this even any sort of promise at all? Its basically like saying "Honey I promise that I'll stop cheating on you, but if I fail then remember that I'm not cheating in my heart.... amirite?

jmoney2000s avatar Music
0 2
The voters have decided that jmoney2000 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

That's not even what the song is about. You do know what it's actually about, right?

@That's not even what the song is about. You do know what it's actually about, right?

Yes I am aware thank you. I was not saying that the song was about cheating, I was just giving a comparison of how empty the promise was.

jmoney2000s avatar jmoney2000 Yeah You Are -2Reply