-29

If you think about it, guys are meant to be with girls and girls are meant to be with guys. Most of the time, if it is a gay couple, there is one guy that acts more feminine than the other. If it is a lesbian couple, there is one girl that acts and looks more like a guy, amirite?

0 30
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

How many gay couples have you met, not just seen on television.

Most same-sex couples don't take the gender roles of one masculine, one feminine. And the ones that do (such as butch-femme in lesbian communities) aren't trying to imitate a heterosexual relationship.

Simons avatar Simon No Way +13Reply
@Moonfang66 II have an aunt that plays the "man" Role and her partner is the more feminine one.

Hmmm

I know individual couples do act out hetero-normative gender roles (especially in butch-femme lesbian relationships); but when it comes down to it, a masculine woman isn't a man.

I think it comes down to the couple - just as some opposite-sex couples are happy and content to have traditional roles - woman as the homemaker, man as the earner, then it's good if it works for them. And the same with same gay couples - a gay male couple may be content with one of the men having a more feminine gender role - as the partner who is "protected", gets the door opened for, doesn't pay for meals, etc., and if that suits that particular couple, all the more for them.

Simons avatar Simon No Way +2Reply
@1057605

Yet you cannot deny the truth in the comment? A biological man has XY chromosomes, no? Well, I don't think "Simon" has any Y chromosomes at all.

@1058049

Are you proposing that "Simon" has Y chromosomes? Or are you arguing with nature, and humanity?

@1058094

Oh. No a couple of months ago she was open about being a transsexual. I say she, because she certainly isn't a man.

@Oh. No a couple of months ago she was open about being a transsexual. I say she, because she certainly isn't a man.

LOL@retarded Anon.

You just opened another side of this - that transsexual men are not masculine women, and masculine women are not transsexual men.

Quick trans neurology-biology lesson - in utero, at around 6-10 weeks, a foetus with XX chromosomes can be exposed to too much testosterone, causing the brain to form as male. Or, a foetus with XY chromosomes can be exposed to too little, causing the brain to form as female. And it's a high chance XX foetus will be a transsexual man, or the XY foetus a transsexual woman. This has nothing to do with sexuality or gender expression - XX males have existed for centuries.

And since transsexuals are more or less average people who happened to have their brains/minds opposite to their body/chromosomes/primary sex organs, and a small percentage of the average population is gay, then a small percentage of the transsexual population is gay.

Problem?

Simons avatar Simon No Way +5Reply
@1059498

Nah, it's cool.

Just I'm transsexual, so I get people ask me shite like "Why would you wanna be a guy if you're a girl?" "Why would you inject hormones and save up for surgery when you could just be a masculine straight woman?" and "Oh, so you're a girl that feels like a guy inside" or something, and I have to explain to them, that it isn't a feeling, and it isn't just psychology - it's neurology, the way the brain is formed before birth. I don't "feel like a man" - I am a man, with a male brain despite XX chromosomes and female primary sex organs.

But, yeah, it's only when people start being arsewipes that I get preachy - I get that most people don't care about trans stuff, and probably won't ever be affected by it in their lives.

Simons avatar Simon No Way +3Reply
@1059520

Yeah, alright. Bit creepy that an Anon remembered my old profile, but I've never really tried to hide it.

Sucks for some of the trans women, I will admit, having to have the electro-lysis-whatever treatment for hair removal.

And, yeah, I think Chef said it best about Mr Garrison before the sex change "Children, there is a BIG difference between gay people and Mr. Garrison."

Simons avatar Simon No Way +2Reply
@Simon LOL@retarded Anon. You just opened another side of this - that transsexual men are not masculine women, and...

Not a problem, only you neglected to address the main issue. You said that a "masculine woman isn't a man." Yet, for all intents and purposes, you're that "masculine woman." You're a female, and you changed your appearance/hormones to match that of a man. It doesn't make any difference whether it's "natural" like the women who resemble men, or "artificial" with your surgeries and the like. You can look like the strongest and most rugged man on the planet, but you're still a female down under. And you try to justify that with pseudo-science, and theoretical causes, but that's only to bolster your own self-resolve.

@Not a problem, only you neglected to address the main issue. You said that a "masculine woman isn't a man." Yet...

(Anonymous):I did address it mate:

"You just opened another side of this - that transsexual men are not masculine women, and masculine women are not transsexual men."

Masculine women are women, even if they are a bit on the butch side. However, trans men are men, who have a male brain despite XX chromosomes and female primary sex organs. It has nothing to do was gender presentation or expression - it's just that our brains were formed as a male before birth, just like any other male's.

And you've got it backwards - I explain that transgenderism occurs in the womb, meaning I've always been male - Sexual Corrective Surgery cannot, despite the nickname "sex change", doesn't really change your sex. But it can, and does, make you look more like your REAL sex.

Simons avatar Simon No Way +3Reply

It's got nothing do with masculinity and femininity - I couldn't be a woman any more than any other man could. Short of lobotomy I can't change my brain, but I can change my body.

Like, you can think it's stupid, or "pseudo-science" whatever you want, ya know. I'm just explaining to anyone reading this more about transgenderism, and that it isn't purely psychological, as many people still believe today - it is neurological and biological.

Simons avatar Simon No Way +3Reply
@Simon It's got nothing do with masculinity and femininity - I couldn't be a woman any more than any other man could...

Right. That'd be all good and well if there were a shred of evidence supporting it. You say you are a man by birth. Tell me how many men with real working penises were born a woman. What constitutes a man. If a woman constitutes a man, then do beasts? If a horse knows deep down it should he a man, does that make it a man? You do realize that trans-genders are trying to change the definition of a man? Secondly, how would you know what a man thinks like? I mean, you're gay, you obviously don't know what a true man thinks like.

What is the definition of a man?

@Right. That'd be all good and well if there were a shred of evidence supporting it. You say you are a man by birth...

Again, I have explained the position - that the male brain is different from the female brain. I'm not trying to change any definition. "Transsexual" has always been defined as such. Cisgendered men are not the only type of men.

And, the beast argument is really foolish. A horse cannot have a human brain, but as I explained, someone with XX chromosomes can be exposed to testosterone in the womb, and have a male one. A pregnant horse cannot produce anything in the womb to make a horse foetus human.

Every man does not think the same. But, I imagine their thought processes would be similar, having male brains.

Your claim of a homosexual man not being a true man leads me to believe that you won't alter your point of view, even though I think I have explained it quite clearly. Male brain. Female body. Brain is a person's mind and soul, therefore it is more a part of person's identity.

Simons avatar Simon No Way +3Reply
@Simon Again, I have explained the position - that the male brain is different from the female brain. I'm not trying to...

The brains may very well be different. But what makes you think you're different from other women? You're a female (XX, and female genitalia) yet insist that the brain is a man's. That's all fine, but I have yet to see some evidence supporting this. This is based on your feelings and thoughts, and hypothetical (because it's all theorized) happenings in the womb. Are you to tell me that if I feel like... Say a monkey [because we're so closely evolved (sarcasm)] would that mean i have a monkey's brain. No. Or if I felt that a handicapped person, would that mean I'm handicapped? How about anyone who <i> thinks</i> (that was for emphasis) they're handicapped be treated so? I could even cause some handicap with surgery. It's no different.

@The brains may very well be different. But what makes you think you're different from other women? You're a female...

It's not purely based on "feelings" - I have had MRI and EEG scans, although not for trans reasons. I guess I can't show "evidence" because my personal records obviously aren't online, but, male brains are different from female ones, male brain scans are different from female brain scans.

I'm trying to find the websites - it's hard, because most of the information I was given was photocopied from books and in pamphlets.

And, as said before, the species comparison is stupid. A human can not give birth to a monkey, however a human can give birth to both males and females, therefore it is not impossible for stress upon the mother to cause a hormone imbalance in the womb.

And your handicap example was again foolish. Any doctor who wanted solid proof would just perform another MRI on me, just as a doctor who wanted proof of the handicap could simply do the relevant tests, whether they be X-Rays or something else.

Simons avatar Simon No Way +4Reply

I have stressed that being transgender isn't based on "feelings". You couldn't go up to a Gender Clinic and say "I feel like a man/woman", they'd laugh in your face.

Honestly mate, I reckon I've said it all pretty clearly. My identity and my existence isn't really up for debate.

Simons avatar Simon No Way +4Reply

Oh and that last bit about you not knowing what a man thinks like was a joke. Because all men think about is sex/pussy, and gays don't (at least about pussy)

@Oh and that last bit about you not knowing what a man thinks like was a joke. Because all men think about is...

Fuck this is pedantic.

Alright, Anon, you know more than decades of research about human sexuality and gender.
YOU WIN THE INTERNET
Run along now.

Simons avatar Simon No Way +3Reply
@1013744

Yeah, my mom was in a relationship with a woman for years, and neither was more feminine. They're just normal women who happen to love each other. My aunts are the same as well. In fact, of all the homosexual relationships I've seen, none of them have been as this post suggests they are.

Homosexuality is just a natural variation of sexuality. There is no way that it is "meant" to be.

Okay some homosexual relationships do have one more masculine and feminine but not all. And there are heterosexual relations where the woman is "the man" and the man is the "woman". There's no right way for a the roles in relationships.

jukilos avatar jukilo No Way +2Reply