+2,487

Google maps should have an "avoid ghetto" routing option, amirite?

Hollyhollyhollys avatar
82 103
The voters have decided that Hollyhollyholly is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Why would that be on FML? "Google Maps should have an "avoid ghetto" routing option. FML" Doesn't sound right, does it?

@lia Why would that be on FML? "Google Maps should have an "avoid ghetto" routing option. FML" Doesn't sound right, does it?

not exactly, like the comment above said, some person used google maps and they ended up in a ghetto neighborhood and got robbed or something.

These fights are so fucking ridiculous.
Nobody's ever even heard of that shitty site ruminations.com.
So lay off the OP, get a life, or go jump off a bridge, all you legit psychopaths.

wow, that was douchey wobbuffet

it was on FML actually, cuz the person ended up in a 'shady' area aka ghetto cuz of the route it got them to take.

Should i feel offended??

@Should i feel offended??

Neh. I live in the ghetto, and I find it hilariouss.

Lizzys avatar Lizzy Yeah You Are +4Reply

haha i love this

babazad3hs avatar babazad3h Yeah You Are +3Reply

I'm sorry

B747s avatar B747 Yeah You Are +2Reply
@B747 I'm sorry

You are forgiven. Now DON'T DO IT AGAIN! This is one of the few sites left that actually has useful comments where people say things relatively important!! Don't ruin it, please!

One time we tried to get to our hotel in LA this way and ended up taking a tour of Little Ethiopia. That was quite a wonderful place.

For all you idiots who evidently don't know what ghetto means, it means an area that people can't usually get out of due to their financial situation. A synonym for it would be "slums". It isn't racist, because anybody can live in a ghetto. It's not like the OP is going "OMG I hate [insert race here] that lives in the ghetto!".

Yeah, I agree. Actually, to be honest, I fucking hate those losers who write random shit. I don't even know why I did it. Really

B747s avatar B747 Yeah You Are +1Reply

Thats because a lot of people find it scary and can give some people paranoia such as me. Thats why no one gets worked about the ghetto GreenHairOrangeEyes

Dude, my life is great. I don't want shit.

B747s avatar B747 Yeah You Are 0Reply

Sure thing but that is never happening because IT t iS ALWAYS WRONG ANYHOW. eSPECIALLY IN mAINE, IT SENDS ME DOWN ROADS THAT HAVEN'T BEEN USED IN DECADES. Or tells you todrive wrong way on a one way street. Sometimes I just get out and walk to where I need to be cause Garmin stinks .

@359464 (Wobbuffet): Dont you just think its so cool :| one post about the opposite sex and sexism comes up, or someone bashes gay marriages and oh no all hell breaks loose, but you can say anything about "ghetto people" and noone cares

@GreenHairOrangeEyes @359464 (Wobbuffet): Dont you just think its so cool :| one post about the opposite sex and sexism comes up, or...

That's because 'ghetto' can apply to anyone. The OP didn't say, 'Google maps should have an "avoid black/mexican/white ghetto" routing option, amirite?' Ghetto applies to anybody. It's not racist, It's not sexist. It's..... neutral. I guess.

this was on ruminations.com a long time ago. its on the top all time posts, you can still see it. this person copied it.

@FrostyArches THANK YOU.

(true blood): @361609 (FrostyArches): serioudly, please leave. everybody who has never heard of ruminations is super pissed at you. you might want to get off this site before we all murder you.

wooooooooooooowwwwwww. thanks.thanks for that.

The world is filled with alot of racism

This sounds super racist.

@This sounds super racist.

I don't find if racist. If you are referring to black people, I'm black and don't like driving through ghetto neighborhoods either.

Wasn't this on FML?

I wassaying i kinda feel offend cause if a person drive by a bunch of black kids in a neighborhood and they are lost they just assume they are ghetto i mean black people cn be as proper and eligant as white people( not to make this sound racsist) and this post they probably wasnt aiming for racsism but iwonder how when black people come across this and see so many yeah you are right (im black) btw

Muffins

B747s avatar B747 Yeah You Are -6Reply
@361604

I got bitched at because I said that, and now I'm so happy people agree with me. :)

This was on Ruminations. Please, only post original material. :)

@Hollyhollyholly I dont even know what that website is..

@359966 (SalientK): Just because it's not as popular, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Someone said this before, and they should get credit for it.

@FrostyArches http://www.ruminations.com/rumi.../3517#comments Not. Cool.

Ok, you use a site no one else has heard of, find this post there, and assume it's a repost? Get. A. Life

One, it was originally ORIGINALLY from Jim Norton, two, it's not that far fetched for two (or three) people to have the same idea.

DrunkOnTeas avatar DrunkOnTea Yeah You Are +12Reply
@DrunkOnTea One, it was originally ORIGINALLY from Jim Norton, two, it's not that far fetched for two (or three) people to have...

mlpanda13: I concluded someone was ripping someone off, yes. Sorry, but I had no reason to believe it wasn't. I assume the worst in people, I guess. Also, just because Ruminations is "near-unknown" doesn't mean it's NON-EXISTENT.
DrunkOnTea: I was suspicious because it was worded nearly exactly the same way.

@FrostyArches mlpanda13: I concluded someone was ripping someone off, yes. Sorry, but I had no reason to believe it wasn't. I...

I never said NON-EXISTENT (caps-lock or otherwise), but I'm sure the people who found the post funny and the OP don't appreciate your comments making it sound like, because it's somewhere out on the internet (I assure you, almost everything on here has probably been said by a random person before this) OP must have stolen it.
I saw the post, and I think they're both funny, and you need to take a chill pill or pick a site.

@mlpanda13 I never said NON-EXISTENT (caps-lock or otherwise), but I'm sure the people who found the post funny and the OP...

1.) I never suggested you said it was NON-EXISTENT. You said it was "near-known." By saying, "...just because Ruminations is 'near-unknown' doesn't mean it's NON-EXISTENT," I was implying that just because you (or any number of people) haven't heard of the site, doesn't mean it's not out there.
2.) I repeat. I assumed the worst in someone. Whoops, sorry.
3.) I don't need your assurance, but thanks.
4.) I shouldn't have to pick a site. When someone writes something that someone else has written before, that's plagiarism. When two sites feature near-identical posts, that's plagiarism as well. Unintentional plagiarism, perhaps. But it's still wrong.
5.) I haven't been offered a chill pill since elementary school, but maybe I need to renew my subscription.

@FrostyArches 1.) I never suggested you said it was NON-EXISTENT. You said it was "near-known." By saying, "...just because...

2.) I say choose a site because, as I said, you're other site is fairly unknown to us. I saw people's comments on the post, so I freakin know it's not NON-EXISTENT, but to us it it. If you're going to write about how OP reposted and how horrible it is that you happened to find this on another site, then BOO HOO! SUCKS FOR YOU! It's not plagiarism unless OP knew about it and copied it DELIBERATELY! You just wanted to cause trouble.
And you know people aren't backing you up. Just look at your comment scores.

@mlpanda13 2.) I say choose a site because, as I said, you're other site is fairly unknown to us. I saw people's comments on...

"It's not plagiarism unless OP knew about it and copied it DELIBERATELY!"

I already addressed this, actually. "Unintentional plagiarism, perhaps. But it's still wrong."

DO YOU KNOW WHAT UNINTENTIONAL MEANS.
There are two people below this that agree with me, and the entire Ruminations community. Which, by the way, exists. ;)

@FrostyArches "It's not plagiarism unless OP knew about it and copied it DELIBERATELY!" I already addressed this, actually...

Here's the definition, straight from Dictionary.com
"Literary theft. Plagiarism occurs when a writer duplicates another writer's language or ideas and then calls the work his or her own. Copyright laws protect writers' words as their legal property. To avoid the charge of plagiarism, writers take care to credit those from whom they borrow and quote."
OP didn't duplicate it, so it can't be considered such. OP, unless, unless they used the site, couldn't copy it from the other poster.
I know what unintentional means, and I know that I'm winning. Look at TheWeasel and your negative post ratings. They're telling you something.
If this "Ruminations" community to soooooo behind you on this:
1.) Get them over here to defend you!
2.) Then go back there. They like you more.

@mlpanda13 Here's the definition, straight from Dictionary.com "Literary theft. Plagiarism occurs when a writer duplicates...

Someone's cocky! :)

http://www.plagiarism.org/plag_...lagiarism.html
Read that. "...to present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source," "...copying words or ideas from someone else without giving credit," and most importantly: "...copying so many words or ideas from a source that it makes up the majority of your work, whether you give credit or not."

That's what happened here.

Don't speak for the entire Amirite and-or Ruminations community. You don't know who likes me here or there. I know ONE person doesn't like me! :)

@FrostyArches Someone's cocky! :) http://www.plagiarism.org/plag_...lagiarism.html Read that. "...to present as...

I can near guarantee that, if some whiny little girl like you can fit in Ruminations,
1.) I can fit in fine.
2.) I won't want to fit in for fear of fitting in with people like you. As The Weasel said, if OP didn't see it, it's not copying.

@mlpanda13 I can near guarantee that, if some whiny little girl like you can fit in Ruminations, 1.) I can fit in fine. 2.) I...

I'm not gonna keep this going forever. If you read that and remain unconvinced, then it "sucks to be you." Maybe you should "take a chill pill."

Sorry, but I guess we'll never be best friends! ;)

@FrostyArches I'm not gonna keep this going forever. If you read that and remain unconvinced, then it "sucks to be you." Maybe...

No complaints on that "best friends" thing. I'd sooner shoot myself then hang out with you.
And, oh, I read it. I'm thinking you DIDN'T!

@TheWeasel Ha, not like she'd WANT to be.

My best friend? Awh, man. I was planning this big sleepover with popcorn and chick flicks.

It looks like this is the end. I've calmed down a little, but I still stand by what I said.

Anyway, mlpanda13: Brush up on your insults. :) But! I admire your tenacity. Goodbye.

@FrostyArches My best friend? Awh, man. I was planning this big sleepover with popcorn and chick flicks. It looks like this is...

I didn't swear, so my insults stink? sigh shakes head
You're the one who said "best friends"... now you're acting all "big sleepover with popcorn and chick flicks"?
Even if you don't type back, know that, even though people may hate you, I still think you're an uneducated little girl who needs to stay off websites too mature for her.

@mlpanda13 I didn't swear, so my insults stink? sigh shakes head You're the one who said "best friends"... now you're...

Too mature?! I'm sorry, but I refuse to be called immature by the girl who told me to "get a life," "take a chill pill," and doesn't understand sarcasm.

Sarcasm equals me calling you my best friend.

@FrostyArches Fight?

Hello, you seem to be getting very worked up about this post. I apologize.
A couple months ago (when I posted this), there was a situation where "an avoid ghetto routing option" would have been extremely helpful to me. When I was telling my friend the story, she said this. I thought it was hilarious, and decided to post it on here. However, she was with me when I posted it, because she loves amirite too.
Does that make it plagiarism? Because my friend said it and was alright with me posting it.
Maybe she got it from that site, but maybe she made it up on her own and it was just similar.
Again I am sorry that my post caused you to throw a temper tantrum.
With love, Holly

Hollyhollyhollys avatar Hollyhollyholly Yeah You Are +6Reply
@FrostyArches Fight?

Virtually, yes. My minions will DESTROY you.

@TheWeasel Virtually, yes. My minions will DESTROY you.

No, I can't let to take HER on alone. Allow me to assist.
For a large portion of this tirade, you're sworn a great deal Badger, can we agree that it wasn't a Family Friendly show?
The fact that you needed the curse words to get you point across showed that you didn't have the language to use anything else. Second, I understand sarcasm, I didn't think you were well educated enough to use it. So, and I quote, "I assumed the worst in someone. Whoops, sorry."
You know, I'm about to have a pool party with my friends where you'll be put a memory and, if we acknowledge this, it would be to laugh at your incompetence. You will sit here, waiting for our reply to make you feel strong because you got some attention mommy and daddy wouldn't give you.
I feel sorry for you,
then I read over your posts and the feeling passes.

@FrostyArches Fight?

@361857 (Badger): wouldnt it be funny if u two knew each other?? shakes head and sighs

peace

You understand what "copying" means, yes? If, and ONLY if, the OP did not know that it had already been made, then they couldn't have "copied" it.

@FrostyArches http://www.wsulibs.wsu.edu/plagiarism/what.html Please read the section on "Unintentional plagiarism."

You clearly don't understand all those big words. That's only if they actually USED a source.

Now, the OP may or may not have plagiarized, but if they did then it was intentional. If they had never heard this before, then they did NOT plagiarize. Simple as that.

That just says that if you use a source and the wording's similar, that's unintentional plagiarism.
The OP didn't use it as a source, so it doesn't apply.

Ok, lets look at what you just said really quickly, because somethings up. First, in #2, you tried to apologize because you assumed the worst in someone. This implies you're admitting you're wrong, and wish for this to end. This would have been fine...
BUT!
In #4, you still try to back up your opinion on this whole situation. The way you look upon this I still disagree with, I mean, come on. I write a paper for school that's clever, witty, and pretty amazing, I'd want an A. The teacher apparently found an essay online that has similar wording for a few sentences, so I fail. I won't go down without a fight, because I worked hard on this.
Now, regarding the sites...
If you're going to use both of these sites, I have 2 things for you.
1.) If you're going to plaster REPOST! all over here, you have to do it on the other one. That's favoritism otherwise. Parents can't do it, so neither should you.
2 continued on next comment...

@mlpanda13 Ok, lets look at what you just said really quickly, because somethings up. First, in #2, you tried to apologize...

Holy fucking crap. Bitch at someone ELSE who pointed out that this is a "repost."

It was on another fucking site FIRST. So, I assumed someone took it from there. MY FUCKING BAD.

"If you're going to plaster REPOST! all over here, you have to do it on the other one." There aren't any reposts on that site. Thanks.

Oh, and don't compare raising a child to being a member of a fucking website. Until you shove a baby through your uterus, shut up.

@FrostyArches Holy fucking crap. Bitch at someone ELSE who pointed out that this is a "repost." It was on another fucking site...

Oh my gosh... just oh my gosh (shakes head solemnly)...
No one else is trying to say it's a repost, just you. Only you.
Even if "[t]here aren't any reposts on that site", the fact that you assumed this one was is a little rude and untrusting. I mean, you go on the site, so OP must, so it must have been stolen? Come on, have you no trust in society?
You're mad at me (obviously) so I thought I was making a joke. Lord knows I don't want to get you started on abortion or gay marriage or something. I mean, all this because of an assumed repost?

@mlpanda13 Oh my gosh... just oh my gosh (shakes head solemnly)... No one else is trying to say it's a repost, just you. Only...

I already said. I assumed the worst in someone. Get the hell over it. Yeah, it was "rude" and "untrusting." Sorry. I guess, to quote you, it "sucks to be you."

Do you WANT to hear what I think about abortion and gay marriage? Because I haven't mentioned either of them yet, but I can tell you everything! :)

obviously a pretty lame website, my computer said "Cannot display webpage". It's so lame and stupid my software is saving me from losing brain cells and stopped my computer frmo going there.

I hate ghettos. I wish all the people in the ghetto were just forced to live in an isolated place somewhere where they could be disposed of.

@359578

Yeah all right.

@wobbuffet Yeah all right.

why does the date say july 28th? it's the 27th.

@359693

But why would it say July 28 for someone not living in the UK?

i like chocolate milk

@359573

not even close to mlia. freaakk

@not even close to mlia. freaakk

You do realize that you're talking to the creator of this website? I would be a little nicer to him