+224

As humans, we put ourselves above animals. But we've never heard of a cat genocide or a monkey commit suicide. It's sad to think but in some ways we are just as brutal and stupid as every other animal. amirite?

copelands avatar
2 23
The voters have decided that copeland is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@981348

Except there are extreme differences that separate us from what we call animals.
Seriously, you put me on the same level as the cats on the streets and I'll be offended.

Maybe I'm just incredibly gullible but Cracked once had an article where one of the bits was about a tribe (is that the right word?) of monkeys killing another tribe of monkeys ...and apparently, they were expanding their territory.

@Stuff Maybe I'm just incredibly gullible but Cracked once had an article where one of the bits was about a tribe (is that...

No that's true. It was even on Planet Earth, I saw it happen. It's freaky. So there is such thing as monkey genocide.

Sqwanchos avatar Sqwancho Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Stuff Freaky.

Yeah, they're actually pretty vicious. It's really gross.

@Stuff I'm really glad I don't watch Planet Earth.

Ah no you still should! It's amazing! It's just that one episiode, The Rainforest one is pretty intense. And so is the seasonal grasslands. A pride of lions kills an elephant. And the photographers are like, 15 feet away.

@Stuff ...Hmm.

Ok, I keep mentioning the crazy parts but it's mostly really pretty animal shots and stuff.

Squirrels commit suicide.

@ken_z Squirrels commit suicide.

So do dolphins. Animals also eat their babies and kill each other over who gets to bang the hot chick, who has no say in the matter. I'd say we're at least a little better than that--at least we recognize that the things we do are bad.

Animals fight animals ALL the time... And sometimes for no reason.

@twisted_memories Animals fight animals ALL the time... And sometimes for no reason.

I know, but humans do as well. That's kind of my point, we view ourselves as so much more intelligent, when, in reality, we are very similiar. Also, note that I said " in some ways". I'm not trying to call everything about the human race stupid, just make a point (:

copelands avatar copeland Yeah You Are +2Reply
@copeland I know, but humans do as well. That's kind of my point, we view ourselves as so much more intelligent, when, in...

(copeland ): Ok, but your point isn't entirely clear because you saw we haven't heard of cat genocide of a monkey committing suicide. It doesn't exactly back up your point to say that, because it's not totally true.

@twisted_memories (copeland ): Ok, but your point isn't entirely clear because you saw we haven't heard of cat genocide of a monkey...

Well, I'm sorry if I didn't phrase it the right way, but you say it isn't true, Have you heard of a cat genocide or a monkey commmiting suicide?

copelands avatar copeland Yeah You Are 0Reply
@copeland Well, I'm sorry if I didn't phrase it the right way, but you say it isn't true, Have you heard of a cat genocide or...

(copeland ): You wouldn't call it that, no. But some animals do kill for no reason and some animals do commit suicide (and some will just sort of walk away to die somewhere, kinda the same).

Have you ever read the Lowest Animal, by Mark Twain?

What makes you think animals are brutal and stupid?