+86

People have been typing it wrong all along. It isn't "your welcome", because no one has a "welcome". It's "you're welcome" because they "are" welcome, amirite?

thatguyss avatar Technology
1 21
The voters have decided that thatguys is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I always write "you're welcome". And I hate it when people switch around "your" and "you're". It's stupid and annoying.

madibs avatar madib Yeah You Are +6Reply

Thank you for that oh-so-needed grammar lesson.

That's... not entirely true. Someone can have, give or receive a welcome. Id est, "Your welcome is appreciated," meaning the welcome given to the speaker.

@track_star Shut up.

It's funny you should say that, because you replied to a week-old stationary comment that had already been submitted and left as-is, and the discussion following it hadn't been touched. Well-played, good stranger.

@track_star so?

Can't argue with that logic.

On a side note, did you really Love both of your own comments? ono smilie

@thatguys I'm pretty sure that it's obvious that I mean afer someone says "thank you"

I know that, but you said no one has a "welcome", and I'm pretty sure it's obvious that I was responding to that.

@Butts I know that, but you said no one has a "welcome", and I'm pretty sure it's obvious that I was responding to that.

Under that same logic, just because someone says the word "dog" in a post, I don't need to put my input in for something about dogs that unrelates to what the post meant. Thank you, I guess, for your input about a situation this post did not pertain to.

thatguyss avatar thatguys Yeah You Are 0Reply
@thatguys Under that same logic, just because someone says the word "dog" in a post, I don't need to put my input in for...

Hardly. "Dogs" is not a separate thought, but rather a part of one, whereas no one has a welcome was a complete thought.

@Butts Hardly. "Dogs" is not a separate thought, but rather a part of one, whereas no one has a welcome was a complete thought.

yes but someone's thought on dogs can be a seperate thought. way to take the simplest version of my statement and make it into how that was the sheer extent of it. I didn't just mean the word "dog", I mean someone makeing their own statement of dogs.

and someone having a welcome didn't really pertain to the post. it was just about whether to use a contraction or not, not whether it was a noun to be possesed.

@thatguys and someone having a welcome didn't really pertain to the post. it was just about whether to use a contraction or...

For somebody making a post on grammar, you sure don't seem to have a fantastic grasp on it. But you don't seem to understand my point - a welcome is something that can be had, given or received - I didn't think it was particularly relevant to the, "I'm correcting your grammar like the other hundreds of posts just like this one," aspect of the post, but rather, that particular piece of it, which was incorrect.

@Butts For somebody making a post on grammar, you sure don't seem to have a fantastic grasp on it. But you don't seem to...

I do agree, your arguement is valid and I'll give ya that one, but your arguement comes also comes from the fact that almost any word can be turned into a noun. Pretentious people do that sort of stuff, in my opinion.

thatguyss avatar thatguys Yeah You Are +1Reply

This has annoyed me for years.

Kevinmats avatar Kevinmat Yeah You Are +2Reply

So many people these days ALWAYS use the wrong you/you're. It's so annoying -_-

Allaloos avatar Allaloo Yeah You Are +2Reply

It is "you're welcome" which is " you are welcome"