Pauladdds avatar
2 50

People who drink/smoke are not cooler than those who don't.
People who don't drink/smoke are not cooler than those who do.
People who drink/smoke are not smarter than those who don't.
People who don't drink/smoke are not smarter than those who do.

Scumbag OP uses "your" instead of "you're" twice and calls other people stupid

Inb4 "I smoke weed and have a 4.0. You are a judgmental bastard!"

The key phrase there people is "ALL THE TIME"

Lkuns avatar Lkun Yeah You Are +8Reply
@Lkun Inb4 "I smoke weed and have a 4.0. You are a judgmental bastard!" The key phrase there people is "ALL THE TIME"

Actually some people DO smoke all the time and still get decent grades/work well. Also aside from the grades thing, some people dont do it to be 'cool' but simply for enjoyment/relaxation.

Oh no! The dreaded homophone typo.

Lkuns avatar Lkun Yeah You Are +5Reply

I was right about to agree with you until the very end there.

Wow, who knew amirite was full of people against pot. Pretty sure the majority of people against it have never tried it, nor do they know the facts about marijuana.

@Wow, who knew amirite was full of people against pot. Pretty sure the majority of people against it have never...

I know that I don't need help from a outside substance to have fun or feel good, and really that's all I need to know.

@1896638

I don't mean it as disrespect to other people. I realize how it might come off that way, but I was speaking personally.

I have no problem with other people doing it if they want. The person I was replying to was saying that people who are against it have never tried it and don't know the facts. Sure I've never tried it, but I'm against it personally because I have no need for it.

Again, nothing against people who do it. It's just not for me.

Moderation is the key =)

Saberbitss avatar Saberbits Yeah You Are +2Reply
@DanielJames Sex is the key.

@998458 (DanielJames): Abstinence doesn't relate only to sex... abstain = do not do

NoSoapRadios avatar NoSoapRadio Yeah You Are 0Reply
@NoSoapRadio Abstinence is the key

worthwhile life experiences are the key.

@Saberbits Moderation is the key =)

I don't know about that. For the entire first semester of my junior year in high school, I smoked pot at least twice a day. And I maintained good grades and developed a thriving social life. I may be out of money now, halfway through the year, but the point is that smoking in excess made my life better.

@AtheisticMystic I don't know about that. For the entire first semester of my junior year in high school, I smoked pot at least...

Maintaining good grades doesn't mean you moderated your use of marijuana well. You just said that you're out of money now. That itself proves that you were unable to moderate your spending on marijuana. Some people can smoke 24/7 and get good grades, but that doesn't mean it's not affecting them in other areas of their life.

@Saberbits Maintaining good grades doesn't mean you moderated your use of marijuana well. You just said that you're out of...

I never claimed to moderate my use. I know I didn't (don't). You said that moderation is key and I disagreed with that and pointed out that I don't moderate my use and have experienced no negative effects.

@AtheisticMystic I never claimed to moderate my use. I know I didn't (don't). You said that moderation is key and I disagreed with...

I would say going broke is a negative effect. Also, you say that smoking pot in excess made your life better. How? It didn't help you study, and I guess it could have helped you develop a social life, but you didn't need marijuana to do that. Most likely you would've done these things without marijuana. You just also happened to smoke when you saw these results.

Saberbitss avatar Saberbits Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Saberbits I would say going broke is a negative effect. Also, you say that smoking pot in excess made your life better. How?...

Going broke was my own damn fault, not the drug's. And no, I wouldn't have made those positive developments without smoking. I could explain why, but just take my word for it. If you want to know how smoking improves my quality of life, read my earlier comments.

Can't we please just say that they're neither? Because when it comes down to it, there is no guarantee either way how someone who gets high often is perceived.

I jut deleted all my comments on this post. I have no memory of making those anti-drug comments and I really hope it wasn't actually me. I hope someone hacked my account or something. Everything I said about drugs leading to bad grades, losing friends, etc. was just plain stupid and incorrect. I can't believe I used to think that. I've since become an avid user and my life is better than ever. I have many more friends than I used to and I'm just generally happier. When used responsibly, drugs are a wonderful thing.

@AtheisticMystic I jut deleted all my comments on this post. I have no memory of making those anti-drug comments and I really hope...

How has your life become better?

Please don't take this in the wrong way. I haven't ever done drugs (unless you count that one accidental NyQuil overdose...not a good day for me) so I'm just trying to understand how it appeals to you. It's for knowledge, not for judgement.

@BetterThanEzra1119 How has your life become better? Please don't take this in the wrong way. I haven't ever done drugs (unless you...

My nature is to be very pessimistic. If 10 things go right for me and one thing goes wrong, I'm all bent out of shape over the one bad thing. I find that when I smoke pot, that goes away. It allows me to focus on the good, giving me a much healthier and happier mindset. It's also a wonderful stress reliever. I'm ordinarily very stressed about school, can't motivate myself to do my work. But I use weed as a motivator (reward system) and it helps me get my work done. Plus, weed brought me together with a lot of people that are now my good friends. My social circle has greatly expanded since I started smoking.
So, to sum up:
-More friends
-Less stress
-Better work ethic
-Happier and healthier outlook on life

People are saying you get bad grades if you smoke weed..? I've smoked weed in school and took a midterm. I aced it. I'm not stupid, nor do I think I'm cool for smoking weed.. I just do it to relieve stress, and it helps me take my mind off of things, plus it makes sex much more enjoyable.

Doesn't make them either, you ignorant asshole

It just means we know how to have fun with our life.

xxnkatxxs avatar xxnkatxx No Way -11Reply
@xxnkatxx It just means we know how to have fun with our life.

Or does the fact that you need chemical assistance in order to have fun mean that you don't actually know how to have fun?

Mike_Hawks avatar Mike_Hawk Yeah You Are +4Reply
@998798

It doesnt have to be like that, and it isnt for a lot of people. You can have a stable and healthy life when you occasionally smoke pot. Many hardworking and sucessful people smoke pot. Some would just prefer a doob at the end of a long day to a martini.

@998798

Did you seriously just say that a two hour high will cause you to get you license taken away, get shit grades and lose your friends and money? Um, no. Maybe if you are into some hardcore shit and do it 24/7, but if you just have a two hour high I'm pretty sure it won't have that much of an impact.

abbeyds avatar abbeyd No Way +2Reply
@abbeyd Did you seriously just say that a two hour high will cause you to get you license taken away, get shit grades and...

Oh god... I have no memory of making these comments and I really hope it wasn't actually me, that someone hacked my account. Because everything I said up there is just foolish and wrong.

@998798

You'd only get your license taken away if you were being dumb about it. You'd only get bad grades if you were high in school. You wouldn't lose your friends enless your friends are dickholes, and you'd only lose your money if you buy expensive shit all the time, you obviously have never been in contact with this life so you know nothing about the real consequences.

@xxnkatxx You'd only get your license taken away if you were being dumb about it. You'd only get bad grades if you were high...

I have friends that are involved in it. My father is involved in it. He stores drugs in his locker at work, and he used to deal them too. I have only seen bad things come from drugs, and that is why I'm not involved in that life.

Anonymous