+14

The person who sees the injustices in the world and appreciates how fortunate/blessed he or she is, but does nothing, and the person who is ignorant of and apathetic towards the same injustices make the exact same positive impact on people. If we really want to "make the world a better place," let's move past plain sympathy to real difference-making action, amirite?

awez10s avatar
0 3
The voters have decided that awez10 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

And where do you propose we start?

DanielJamess avatar DanielJames Yeah You Are -1Reply
@DanielJames And where do you propose we start?

It's probably different for everyone. Some people might have more money to donate... others more time. But whether it's buying a burger for that homeless guy you always pass or starting the next habitat for humanity, I just think we (well, me at least) do a good job of "feeling bad" for people in need and a not so good job of actually doing something about it.
Sorry, probably a longer answer than you wanted ha

awez10s avatar awez10 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@awez10 It's probably different for everyone. Some people might have more money to donate... others more time. But whether...

You took a different route than I perceived. I thought this was about "taking down the man," not social inequity and charity work.

DanielJamess avatar DanielJames Yeah You Are +1Reply