+319

the government should control the crazy people killing people instead of controlling the guns the crazy people are using, amirite?

3 56

I say we do both. No civilian needs to fire 30 shots without reloading

@donpatch I say we do both. No civilian needs to fire 30 shots without reloading

Exactly. That shouldn't even be controvertial, it should be "Holy shit, you mean that wasn't already illegal?!"

Yeah I agree, but I still think everyone should have the option of carrying a gun.

sassypieanns avatar sassypieann Yeah You Are 0Reply
@donpatch Agreed, but some of the guns they sell these days are crazy

Yeah, they need a small list of the guns citizens can have, then they need police guns, military guns, etc.

@sassypieann Yeah, they need a small list of the guns citizens can have, then they need police guns, military guns, etc.

the second amendment doesnt say what guns we are allowed to bear and what guns we arent. and if you want to get anything automatic atf is allowed to search your house any time they want which is pretty much all it should be

Thomass avatar Thomas Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Thomas the second amendment doesnt say what guns we are allowed to bear and what guns we arent. and if you want to get...

Thats a good point. But you wont generally use that kind of gun to protect your house (i said generally). That kind of gun is used in crimes (once again, generally). So... It makes more sense not to make those kinds of guns accecable to the public. They should be produced for the military, because they actually need them more.

i should have the right to shoot as many bullets as i want to.

Thomass avatar Thomas Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Thomas i should have the right to shoot as many bullets as i want to.

The perfect society has just the right balance of rights and safety. If we have too many rights, we have no safety. If we have too much safety, we have no rights. If we have the right to shoot as many bullets as we want, we loose safety

@1017849

ignorance, ignorance, ignorance.have you ever seen a wound from an assault rifle as opposed to one from a pistol? heres a hint: one leaves a huge ass hole in the opposite side of what it came in and the other leaves just a tiny little hole.

@1017950

thats not what im saying. im saying that rifles do considerably more damage than the average pistol.

How could they "control the crazy people" exactly?

@Moninto How could they "control the crazy people" exactly?

better background checks and maybe a psych evaluation every year or two to keep your concealed carry permit

@better background checks and maybe a psych evaluation every year or two to keep your concealed carry permit

Uhhhhh a lot of people who use guns to kill people get their guns illegally. They don't really care about permits and stuff.

@FredWeasley Uhhhhh a lot of people who use guns to kill people get their guns illegally. They don't really care about permits...

It wouldnt matter if you banned guns then anyway. Smoking pot is illegal, and a ton of people still do it. If you banned guns, those people would still get guns illigaly and that would leave all the law abbiding citizen vunerable.

sassypieanns avatar sassypieann Yeah You Are +2Reply
@sassypieann It wouldnt matter if you banned guns then anyway. Smoking pot is illegal, and a ton of people still do it. If you...

That's what I'm saying. We can do all the background checks and stuff we want on people who buy guns legally. Do you think people in gangs really go to get their permits before they get guns? They don't.

@FredWeasley That's what I'm saying. We can do all the background checks and stuff we want on people who buy guns legally. Do...

i wasnt really talking about gangs in this post but you do make a point. and you can get guns at a gun show with pretty much no background check. its one of the holes that actually needs to be patched

@whats your sorce, saying most people who kill people carry their guns illigaly?

I'm not going to justify my answer to anyone who spells like that.

@FredWeasley I'm not going to justify my answer to anyone who spells like that.

can you give us the fucking source instead of trying to say spelling is why you cant give one? seriously, i dont beleive you.

In this country guns will NEVER be illegal

Not crazy; mentally alternative.

NeonSparklies avatar NeonSparklie Yeah You Are +2Reply

Guns are fancy pieces of metal that kill people. Knives are also fancy pieces of metal that kill people.

Getting rid of guns will not stop crimes from happening, criminals will just use something else to kill people (if they can't obtain guns illegally, which is unlikely in the first place)

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Thomas guns dont kill people, people kill people.

guns don't kill people, uh uh, I kill people with guns.

@SpearmintMilk guns don't kill people, uh uh, I kill people with guns.

exactly. if i were going to kill someone i would still kill that person whether or not i had a gun

Quick question to everyone: Have you ever shot a gun or rifle?

at my house there is an ar-15 with a 100 round drum magazine, a saiga 12 with a 20 round drum magazine, and a glock with an extended magazine. that doesnt mean that im about to go kill a bunch of people. my family just enjoys shooting.

@Thomas at my house there is an ar-15 with a 100 round drum magazine, a saiga 12 with a 20 round drum magazine, and a glock...

we actually have more guns than that, those are just the ones with extended magazines.

@Thomas we actually have more guns than that, those are just the ones with extended magazines.

Do you think it's possible that people who are against guns have never even shot one themselves to understand why some people like guns so much?

I completely agree, although "crazy" isn't completely accurate. We wouldn't have so many shootings if mental illness was taken seriously and properly treated.

@NoPostOnSundays I completely agree, although "crazy" isn't completely accurate. We wouldn't have so many shootings if mental...

no crazy is pretty accurate. are you saying that the guy from Tuscon wasnt a nut job? or the dude who shot up virginia tech? or the guy who shot up fort hood? they were all crazy because not crazy people dont go out and kill a bunch of people.

@Thomas no crazy is pretty accurate. are you saying that the guy from Tuscon wasnt a nut job? or the dude who shot up...

I'm saying that he definitely had something wrong with him, like a severe mental disorder making him delusional. I don't think the term "nut job" is right.

I don't see why humans ever had to invent guns. What were we even trying to accomplish?

@FredWeasley I don't see why humans ever had to invent guns. What were we even trying to accomplish?

the chinese invented gun powder i believe while they were trying to turn metal into gold. i might be wrong though.

Thomass avatar Thomas Yeah You Are +1Reply

We were trying to accomplish dinner... hunting was very important in those days.

lol, its called Human Inginuity or somthing like that. With out the human instinct that causes us to create guns, we wouldn't have medical technology or cell phones. And what would we do with out cell phones?!

@FredWeasley We didn't need to invent guns to get to medical technology or cell phones...

No but theres this part of your brain (I forget what it's called, somthing really long) that promotes exploration, curiosity, and creating... stuff like that. I'm saying that guns where a step on the way to medical technology, cars even. Fire was a step there too. But you can't skip directly from discovering fire and making hunting wepons to inventing CAT scans.

sassypieanns avatar sassypieann Yeah You Are +1Reply
@sassypieann No but theres this part of your brain (I forget what it's called, somthing really long) that promotes exploration...

They really weren't a step though. I get that there's that part in your brain that promotes curiosity and everything, but that doesn't mean we have to start mass producing deadly weapons and selling them to anyone who takes the time to get a permit. I guess if they want to screw around and invent something like that then whatever, but why would you just keep making them?

@FredWeasley They really weren't a step though. I get that there's that part in your brain that promotes curiosity and...

That was a very good point and thats really true. But they kept making guns because of this little thing called war :). And because, since they where invented in the first place, some people started using them for bad, and so other people had to get some to protect themselves, and then they needed them for hunting back then.... it seems as though it got out of hand I suppose. But I also don't think it could have been somthing you could have controlled either.

I don't think they should ban guns. In theory, if everyone had a loaded gun, whould YOU want to go robbing houses? True, you don't want everyone walking around on the street with a gun, but if everyone did have a gun, would you want to mug someone?

sassypieanns avatar sassypieann Yeah You Are -1Reply
@sassypieann I don't think they should ban guns. In theory, if everyone had a loaded gun, whould YOU want to go robbing houses?...

if everyone had a gun there would be entirely too many people walking around with itchy trigger fingers and no training. bad idea.

Thomass avatar Thomas Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Thomas if everyone had a gun there would be entirely too many people walking around with itchy trigger fingers and no...

Yeah, but my point is that: Would you want to go shoot up a mall thats full of a bunch of other people with guns? It would make people think twice about commiting crimes if they will probably be shot and/or killed too.

Thomass avatar Thomas Yeah You Are +2Reply

Well see, the exact idea of the OP is to reform society, not to restrict our inventions.

NeonSparklies avatar NeonSparklie Yeah You Are +1Reply