+494

There's really no reason to hate Justin Bieber, amirite?

Music
9 59

Hating his fans is a whole different story...

Prosopagnosias avatar Prosopagnosia Yeah You Are +79Reply

People who hate him because he's "gay" are homophobes. and people who hate him because he has "no talent" are kidding themselves, just because his voice is high doesn't mean he can't carry a tune, which he can (better than me, at least.. hahh). And people who hate him because they claim he's a girl... well, you have a ton of PMSing 14 year old girls about to wring your necks.
you can't hate someone without knowing them.

Hayleys avatar Hayley Yeah You Are +33Reply
@Hayley People who hate him because he's "gay" are homophobes. and people who hate him because he has "no talent" are...

My mom is gay, and I hate Justin Bieber because he's gay, and im not a homophobe. so shut up

but he can't carry a tune, he's auto-tuned, his music is simplistic at best and he's a prick.

@You don't know he's a prick. Gtfo.

I have a friend who grew up with him in Stratford, always was a prick, then there's the fact that he threw water balloons at his bodyguards, the paint-balling thing, the Germany thing etc...

@Saigot I have a friend who grew up with him in Stratford, always was a prick, then there's the fact that he threw water...

Dude that's so weird, I have a friend who grew up with David Hasslehoff! We should start like, a club or something for people who are really friends with people who grew up with famous people!#@@@##%$&^%

FredWeasleys avatar FredWeasley Yeah You Are +19Reply

No, i don't hate her, she just annoys me...

@Geektastic No, i don't hate her, she just annoys me...

Oh, I see what you did there. Clever.

FredWeasleys avatar FredWeasley Yeah You Are -11Reply

There's no reason to HATE anybody. I just find Bieber to be extremely annoying.

I feel like half the people who say he can't carry a tune don't know that he was discovered by his videos on YouTube. He wasn't editing them then, and if Usher found and signed him a contract, obviously he has some talent. And he's a hell of a better singer than most others today. Even if his songs are so overly cliched and stuff.

I_Predict_A_Riots avatar I_Predict_A_Riot Yeah You Are +19Reply

I hate his music. I don't know him personally, so I can't hate him

@FrankOcean Did you know Hitler personally?

Justin Bieber isn't murdering thousands of people.

@drama_nerd Justin Bieber isn't murdering thousands of people.

I'm not saying that, I'm saying you don't need to know a person personally to dislike or judge them.

@FrankOcean I'm not saying that, I'm saying you don't need to know a person personally to dislike or judge them.

I understand that, but that all depends on what he does. I can judge hitler because he killed people, but I'm not gonna hate Justin Bieber for making music. However much I hate his music, I don't know him or anything he's done, I have no reason to hate him as a person

It's become 'cool' to hate on Justin Bieber. I've never really understood the obsession with either loving or hating him. He really is distinctly average.

@1042421

I don't know about your first reason, but you can't hate him because you don't think he sings well. Half the pop artists nowadays can't sing and use autotune, and they just managed to get lucky and become famous.

@1042421

He definately can sing without autotune...

@He definately can sing without autotune...

You definitely can't spell "definitely."

@1042421

He's actually a really good singer

@1042421

Even if you hate his songs and think he's undeserving of his fame, why does that make you hate HIM?
If you posted videos of yourself singing on YouTube and Usher offered you a contract, you're honestly telling me you'd say no because there are so many others who deserve it more?
It's not like he's the one to blame for the fact that the media focuses on him instead of other artists.

Personality wise I can't really judge because I don't know the kid, but I DO think he is undeserving of so much fame/a movie/so many awards. There are a lot of amazingly talented singers out there who don't rely on their looks for fame, and use autotune.

She should at least grow her hair out...people keep mistaking the poor thing for a boy.

i don't hate him. i just really don't like his music

I might get thousands of thumbs downs for the following statement, but I have to say that I actually like some of his music. Though I agree that he is overly cocky for the talent that he has.

JennaMitchells avatar JennaMitchell Yeah You Are +8Reply

I don't hate him. In fact I even have one of his songs on my iPod. He seems like a nice person too! But I just hate what the media has made him, like he is the best thing since sliced bread. And what annoys me more than the obsessed fans is the obsessed hatred who constantly bag on how "crappy" he is. Just so you know, bringing up Justin bieber all the time and saying how much you hate him is really annoying.

Ellens avatar Ellen Yeah You Are +6Reply

I don't hate him.
I just feel that his songs have no substance to them.

Sure, they' might be fun to dance to, but in the long run the lyrics pretty much mean nothing.
I'm more likely to like songs that are written out of personal experiences that changed the songwriter.
The best music is just poetry with a tune, and I don't feel that his songs are that.

Thank you so much. I hate when people hate him because he's fucking successful. Grow up and go make something of yourself, don't hate on some kid because he's rich and famous and you're a fucking loser.

FredWeasleys avatar FredWeasley Yeah You Are +5Reply
@FredWeasley Thank you so much. I hate when people hate him because he's fucking successful. Grow up and go make something of...

His lyrics. One of the most important reasons I listen to artists is because they have good lyrics. His are so simple. "Baby, Baby, Baby, Ohhhh" And he has way more success than people who have lyrics that actually mean something.

@His lyrics. One of the most important reasons I listen to artists is because they have good lyrics. His are so...

Do you really think anyone who listens to mainstream music really cares about lyrics? He's famous because appeals to 80% of the population of America that just want something catchy they can dance to. He just decided that instead of wasting his time writing really deep meaningul songs that almost no one would ever actually listen to, he would let someone else write his songs so he could sing and be famous. I don't have a problem with anyone using their talent to get ahead in life, that's all I'm sayin.

Also if this didn't make sense I'm sorry I'm way too fucking high. I feel like it might make sense, but this is just in case it doesn't. I hope this part makes sense. Shit.

FredWeasleys avatar FredWeasley Yeah You Are 0Reply
@FredWeasley Do you really think anyone who listens to mainstream music really cares about lyrics? He's famous because appeals...

I agree with you. It's mostly his obsessive fans that I hate. So, there might not be any reason to hate him, but there's definitely no reason to obsess over him. Especially when you don't even know him.

I have no opinion of him, he has no real talent, that's all I know. I hat his fanbase incomprehensibly though.

I don't hate him, but I strongly dislike him. I think it's great that he's become so successful, but he has enough faults to make me dislike him. He thinks that everyone loves him and he's incredibly arrogant. He came to my town last summer and got kicked out of Walmart and a couple other stores because he was being completely obnoxious and acting like he couldn't get in trouble because he's famous. I don't go out of my way to hate him, but I don't understand the obsession either.

Have you heard his voice? Also, the lyrics to his songs aren't very good.

He seems perfectly nice. And besides, what singer doesn't use auto-tune? Everybody sounds better on the cd than they do live. Also, you can't say he can't sing and has no talent, go look at his youtube videos from before he was famous.

melissaaa12s avatar melissaaa12 Yeah You Are +2Reply

I agree with you, but I think he definatly started out with a passion for music. He played drums when he was 2, and he can play guitlar, piano, sing and dance too. I watched his videos before he was famous and I can KNOW he has talent in his body.

I don't understand why everyone picks on him for using autotune or whatever. There are TONS of artists who use autotune and don't even have a shred of talent. Calling him "gay" is just homophobic and you have no proof, and calling him a girl is just a pathetic attempt at an insult. Also, almost all artists sing about love, and they don't get the kind of BS that Justin does (He also sings other songs, like Pray that are really touching, btw). You can't hate him to such an extreme for his personality either because I doubt you know him. People expect celebrities to be perfect, and jump on them like vultures when they aren't. I think the main reason that people hate Justin is because it is "cool" to be counterculture (like everyone else).

Yeah, i don't hate the guy. But yes, as once said millions of times, he's cliche. How many light haired, teen, girly looking boys have we've had? How many of them sang about love? How many young and old overly obsessed girls would choose those guys for anything? A LOT, and it's annoying as hell. Now, if Justin Bieber was different, say he had dark spikey hair, more manly looking, and sang about internet memes and pokemon. Then mmmmm, he'd be awesome. Yet sadly, he would have fewer fans.

It really does annoy me when people are like "omg he's soo gay" I mean did he ever tell you that? No. You can't hate him for being "stupid" or "gay" because you've neevr met him. If you hate him because he "can't sing".. well I can't sing either... do you hate me because of that? I mean so what he got lucky and became famous.. he actually had kind of a hard life before with his parents getting divorced and everything I think this is good for him. You don't need to like his music but you can't hate him for that.

Tweedledees avatar Tweedledee Yeah You Are 0Reply

Yeah... But we just do anyway...

There are plenty of reasons to hate Bieber. I don't hate the kid, but I think his music is fucking terrible. He's a pretty good singer, as far as his genre goes, but they just rape the shit out of his music by autotuning it. All of his songs are about girls, so the kid needs some new material. Lastly, he's just staying safely in the confines of what his fans like, and not trying to think outside the box. This is enough to make somebody hate him. Somebody stupid, at least. I'm not one who hates somebody because of their music. I'm one who hates somebody because of who they are, and frankly, Bieber doesn't seem like a really bad person. Maybe a little bit of an asshole here and there, but then again, he's an over-privileged teenager. Almost all teenagers like that can be assholes.

But he's a cutie.

I am completely SICK of people hating on him. There's absolutely no reason to hate him! He never did anything to you guys so why would you guys hate him? It's YOUR opinion of what his music is like but it's not like you should hate him for no reason. If you met him and saw what he was like, yeah you could say you hate him for that. But you didn't even meet him so what's the point of hating him? I'm pretty sure you guys hate him because your friends hate him too. How is Justin Bieber GAY? It's not his fault his voice is high pitched. It's not his fault for not going through puberty. Why be a hater? If you guys hate him so much then stop going on and on about it. Just keep it to yourself instead of just saying it all the time.

He's SO HOT.

his music is crap, and he really CANT sing, i've seen him live. (not that he makes any attempt to, he just lets his cd play while he dances) and besides that, he is cocky and arrogant and thinks people will automatically love him or something. his fans are the same kind of people who were in love with aaron carter, its just a phase, and why not poke fun at another fleeting pop star?