+349

There are many differences between a novel and its film adaption. Plots are twisted, characters are changed, and sometimes whole subplots are left out. But the biggest difference is that the film versions are images displayed on a screen at 32 frames per second, while the book versions are usually ink printed on paper, amirite?

Simons avatar
12 11
The voters have decided that Simon is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yes and movies force an image in your mind. whereas books allow you to use your imagination and create a whole other universe

@mvonny21 *24 fps

You're right. I copied this from an ED article, and changed it a bit, but I forgot it's 24 frames per second.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are 0Reply

They sometimes even combine characters in the movie

@littletank They sometimes even combine characters in the movie

Harry Potter. They can't exactly kill Colin Creevey seeing as he doesn't. freaking. exist! Not that I'm bitter or anything...

@Harry Potter. They can't exactly kill Colin Creevey seeing as he doesn't. freaking. exist! Not that I'm bitter or...

I haven't actually seen the most recent HP movies, but wasn't Colin Creevey in the 2nd movie? Not a big part, but I remember him with his camera.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are +1Reply

Heh. That was so obvious

No, to me, the biggest difference is that a book allows you to become immersed in the scene much more than a film, if the author's any good. In a film, if the scene takes place on a cold,foggy morning outdoors, I usually don't really pay any mind to it. However, if the author describes it to me, I can't help but almost feel the dampness and chill in the air. It's quite awesome.

percy jackson. oh my god the point WAS NOT TO FIND THE PEARLS! you cant condense a whole series into one movie!!!!!

lol32

AntiJokeChickens avatar AntiJokeChicken Yeah You Are -2Reply