-90

When you're actually attracted to the same sex, being called a faggot really doesn't hurt that much. amirite?

Pinoys avatar Relationships
0 8
The voters have decided that Pinoy is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

it depends entirely on the context. if one of my best friends calls me a faggot, i dont really care, cause i know theyre just messing with me. if someone is legitimately being homophobic, i try to write them off as an idiotic bigot, but it can be hard.

I know faggot is usually a term used exclusively for gay men, but where I live lesbians are called faggots too. It still hurts because I know they say it to make fun of me.

@pikabeau I know faggot is usually a term used exclusively for gay men, but where I live lesbians are called faggots too. It...

Some people called my lesbian friend a fag a while back and she just laughed and said "C'mon people, it's 'dyke' not 'fag'. Idiots."

I'm gay and it doesn't bother me at all.

Clay_s avatar Clay_ Yeah You Are +1Reply

It doesn't "hurt" as in the purely verbal sense, like someone saying I'm a faggot online, but IRL, I'm wary, because there's always the thought of violence - if I'm walking down the street or holding hands with my boyfriends, and someone shouts "fags" at us, the thought that they're gonna bash us is there.

Simons avatar Simon No Way 0Reply

that must suck :( I've only had one bad experience with a homophobe. needless to say, he slept upstairs. all my other friends have been encouraging and the word "faggot" is only used ironically.

Pinoys avatar Pinoy Yeah You Are 0Reply

Call me a faggot as a joke, I don't care.
Call me a faggot and be serious about it, I don't care.
Call me a faggot around a bunch of men with weapons, I'll be scared.

But the latter rarely happens and I don't often go into places where I could get beat up anyways.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are 0Reply
Anonymous