+369

It's kind of sad that when the Superbowl was on, there were dozens of posts about it, but now there are major riots in Yemen, Bahrain, Libya, Algeria and others and yet few people seem to care, amirite?

Unavailables avatar Politics
2 17
The voters have decided that Unavailable is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I live in gotdamn America. I dun give a damn 'bout dem terrorist countries. I jus need about 87 cases o' beer and mah gotdamn football.

ZombieBandwagons avatar ZombieBandwagon Yeah You Are +12Reply

After Egypt people are tired. Obviously most people support the fact that oppressed middle east countries are finally standing up for themselves.

@MrTie After Egypt people are tired. Obviously most people support the fact that oppressed middle east countries are...

Fair enough, but hardly anybody has even recognized it. And if Egypt hadn't gotten such a big buzz and 24 hour coverage, nobody would have cared, either. In fact, Tunis was before Egypt and there wasn't a single homepaged post about it then. I just thought I'd point it out, because Amirite people do like to 'care about the issues.'

Unavailables avatar Unavailable Yeah You Are +1Reply

here in amurika we dunt even no ders other cuntrees out der. we just be needin our football and beer. and our trakters. and our smokin wifes. dats bout it.

Hmm. I never specified America here. Amirite is an international website. Hence the comparison between the Superbowl, an event in one country, and the riots, an event in many countries.

And either way, if people aren't politically aware they should be.

Unavailables avatar Unavailable Yeah You Are +3Reply

Agreed. I'd make posts about it, but I have an abysmal understanding of politics. If it makes you feel any better, my knowledge of sports is even more terrible, so I don't make any Superbowl posts.

SEXY_BEASTs avatar SEXY_BEAST Yeah You Are +1Reply

Americans dont give a shit. What can we do? What should we do? These questions have the same answer...

Because you can't make many jokes about the riot half time show.

The Black Eyed Peas Ruined the Super Bowl and Fergie ruined Slash's Solo! :@

RedPandas avatar RedPanda Yeah You Are 0Reply

The people with the problem can complain about it and then if enough people complain, then people can complain about those people complaining... your analogy is terrible

Lol "Yemen"

This really doesn't have a lot to do with the protesting, but it's vaguely relevant. http://www.amirite.net/531200

Oooohhh shut up there's always gonna be crisis in the world. Try to enjoy some things

@adam Oooohhh shut up there's always gonna be crisis in the world. Try to enjoy some things

The riots aren't a crisis. Some riots have turned into a crisis, and that is terrible. But they're just events that need to be acknowledged. In fact, they should be enjoyed. It's history in the making. People should know that. This isn't just 'some crisis in the world.' It's a big deal, the entire Middle East is changing.

Unavailables avatar Unavailable Yeah You Are +2Reply

Those aren't being broadcast live in HD in every country, amirite? Not to mention that the Super Bowl is one concentrated event, and this could take months.