+247

It's okay to be an open-minded person, but the fans of a video game need to stop making sick fantasies of awesome characters being gay, amirite?

alienators avatar
3 13
The voters have decided that alienator is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

This is why I try to avoid Fanfiction. There are so many slash pairings there, and over-fantasizing girls make up new characters for the original characters to fall in love with.

Deadpools avatar Deadpool Yeah You Are +11Reply

I could write an essay on how much this relates to Kingdom Hearts.

@I could write an essay on how much this relates to Kingdom Hearts.

oh god, yes. EVEN when the het pairing is canon D:

I was thinking of Kingdom Hearts when I read this post xD
Best game ever and people ruin it by making Sora and Riku gay -.-

Canadian_Ninjas avatar Canadian_Ninja Yeah You Are -3Reply

Not to be "that girl", but you do realize you are being homophobic, whether it's intentional or not, right? You're implying that the characters wouldn't be awesome if they were gay, which isn't true. Being gay doesn't make the characters, or people in real life, any less manly or tough or whatever virtue of theirs it is that you're so frightened for. Please just consider that fact.

@hpfanatic77 Not to be "that girl", but you do realize you are being homophobic, whether it's intentional or not, right? You're...

I see what you're saying, but I think OP means that it kind of ruins the connection between him/her and the character. It's like fantasizing about a classmate or co worker when they're actually straight, it's just kind of weird.

I am not homophobic. I am bisexual myself, but I am a woman, and there are differences in male/male and female/female relationships. I respect the decisions of homosexual guys, but it doesn't mean I need to LIKE the thought of it. I can admit, it creeps me out a little, but I respect them. Whatever makes them happy makes me happy. Everyone should be happy, not ridiculed just because their sex partner happens to be of the same gender. My intentions are more of what Daemoine said -- it's really my emotional connection / love for the character. I get attached to fictional universes, et cetera, and sometimes the other fans make me raise an eye brow as to what the hell they're thinking. I shouldn't CARE, because people can fill in missing parts however they'd like, but it's just like... how in the hell did they come up with a character being GAY after many attempts at seducing a GIRL in-game? All I'm saying is...it's frustration. So I posted here. End of story.

alienators avatar alienator Yeah You Are +1Reply
@alienator I am not homophobic. I am bisexual myself, but I am a woman, and there are differences in male/male and...

Well those are the double standards present in everyday life, aren't they? Personally I think it's quite hypocritical to insinuate that just because one man is in love with another that it's 'creepy', but then say it's totally okay for a woman to love another woman. You do realize that love isn't sex, right? You may not like the idea of sodomy, or whatever it is you find creepy, but are you really opposed to two people in love? For example, in the game Kingdom Hearts, people don't just ship RikuXSora because "omigoddthey'resooocutee", they ship them because they are so close to each other, are true best friends, and really love each other, romantically or not. People don't do it just to spite homophobes, or heteronormative people, they do it for the same reason you pair them with a girl.

Yaoi brings all the girls to the yard. Resistance is futile XDD

Same goes for anything. Especially bands.

It's really weird reading Beatles slash...

I can just imagine their faces reading slash fanfiction about them.

Bigot.