-22

Evolutionists: You should be running around worrying about a meteor hitting your house, after all, your house being hit by a meteor is more likely than evolution. amirite?

Amish_Allosauruss avatar
1 34
The voters have decided that Amish_Allosaurus is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

And what are the odds on your all powerful skydaddy being real?

So it's more likely that your religion is correct? Evolution has several different theories so the chances of it being true are higher. Some forms of evolution have been proven. Ever wonder why some bacteria become immune to certain medicines and why we have so many different bread of dogs? It's because of evolution. Sure, it's microevolution and controlled breeding, but those are still types of evolution. Why say it doesn't exist when it's been proven.

I know you'll probably say that you don't mean that type of evolution, but you never specified which type.

@pikabeau So it's more likely that your religion is correct? Evolution has several different theories so the chances of it...

Lol@ur ignunce. The bacteria is a pretty complex matter that I'm not very familiar with, so I'm not going to debate it, but I will direct you http://creation.com/swine-flu-i...e-of-evolution and http://creation.com/superbugs-not-super-after-all explaining how how it isn't evolution.

As for dogs, that's not evolution, evolution involves gaining new genetic information, when you breed dog you lose information.

@Amish_Allosaurus Lol@ur ignunce. The bacteria is a pretty complex matter that I'm not very familiar with, so I'm not going to...

Your links basically say that evolution does not improve a species, natural selection does. If you would take the time to read this http://evolution.berkeley.edu/e...article/evo_25 you will see that natural selection and evolution go hand in hand.

Dog breeding does not make dogs lose traits, it alters their traits. We started with solid color, large wolves and now we have small dogs with spots and such. That is not taking away information, that is keeping only the information of desirable traits.

@pikabeau Your links basically say that evolution does not improve a species, natural selection does. If you would take the...

I know that you can't have evolution without natural selection, but you can have natural selection without evolution. Yes, it loses information, but even if it didn't, it would still only be the same amount of DNA you started with, no new information.

@Amish_Allosaurus I know that you can't have evolution without natural selection, but you can have natural selection without...

So mutated rabbits that are born born white instead of black on a snowy mountain have the same DNA as the black rabbits? And their longer lifespan as a result of better camouflage has nothing to do with natural selection? The altered DNA pairs with natural selection to result in more white rabbits. Is this not evolution?

@pikabeau So mutated rabbits that are born born white instead of black on a snowy mountain have the same DNA as the black...

Do you even have a 5th grader's knowledge of genetics? Have you ever heard of recessive genes? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominance_(genetics) Just because someone/thing has a gene, doesn't mean that gene is dominant. Also, when did I say anything about this?

I'm not saying natural selection doesn't happen, I agree that because they were much easier to kill, the black rabbits died out, leaving only rabbits with white fur left alive.

No, it isn't evolution, it is natural selection, evolution involves genetic mutations that result in a net gain in genetic information, which has never happened. Mutations only result in a lose of DNA

@Amish_Allosaurus Do you even have a 5th grader's knowledge of genetics? Have you ever heard of recessive genes?...

Mutations involve a CHANGE in DNA, not a loss. There was something I learned in 6th grade involving salt and pepper moths that lived in a foggy area. Basically, all the moths started out to be black, none have ever been white. If none had ever been white, there could not be a chance to have white offspring without there being a mutation. Some would be mutated white and pass on the gene and more and more would moths would be white. All the black moths got eaten because they were spotted easily in the fog. Now all the moths are white. They didn't lose DNA, their DNA was just altered over time. This really happened, but I learned about it almost 10 years ago, so some minor details (like the colors and names of the moths) might be different, but it still teaches the same principle.

Also, insulting my intelligence is not way to win people over. Doesn't your bible speak out against calling people a fool? Even if you don't come out and say it, asking if I even...

@pikabeau Mutations involve a CHANGE in DNA, not a loss. There was something I learned in 6th grade involving salt and pepper...

They can lose or change it, but never gain it. Are you aware that the white moths had been there the whole time? It wasn't that there ware no white moths, the story went like this: There were white moths and peppered moths, the population was mostly white, but when the industrial revolution started, releasing pollution into the air, it killed the light-colored lichens that cover trees. Now, the white moths didn't have adequate camouflage so the birds ate them more often than the peppered one. Because of natural selection (which isn't evolution) the peppered (better camouflaged) moths became abundant and the white moths became the minority. Both were there the whole time.

I haven't heard of anything is there like an eleventh commandment? "Thou shalt not callith thine brethren a fool"? But anyway, are you an atheist? If so, the Bible already called you a fool.

@Amish_Allosaurus They can lose or change it, but never gain it. Are you aware that the white moths had been there the whole time?...

You do know that Dawain's Theory of Evolution relies on survival of the fittest and natural selection, right? Without either one of those you cannot have evolution. When an entire species changes, even if it's just the color of the species, you have evolution. If there are no spotted wolves but we have spotted dogs, DNA had to have been changed or we would not have spotted dogs. That would have to be the result of humans selecting dogs with certain mutated traits that they would like to see in more dogs. That would be an example of human controlled evolution.

I don't know what verse it is, but my English teacher used to make us explain verses and relate them to our life. There were verses about not calling another man a fool because that judgement is not our job. I am agnostic, not an atheist, but my religion doesn't matter. I was just pointing out how you weren't following your religion.

@pikabeau You do know that Dawain's Theory of Evolution relies on survival of the fittest and natural selection, right?...

both of you are smarty-pants'.. why don't you agree to disagree? though I prefer to side with pikabeau on this one..

It's kind of arrogant how people think they know more about science than every single Biologist with a PhD in the whole world.

@Amish_Allosaurus Every single biologist Pfft, no. There are plenty of sane ones left.

Oh sorry for the confusion. When I said Biologist with a PhD what I really meant to say was credible Biologist with a PhD. Since every creationist theory I read seems to say something completely different about the big bang, dinosaurs, carbon dating ect. I don't really consider them credible.
Example of a non-credible scientific theory about fossils: Image in content

An ant who sings and dances wearing a striped suit and tie is more likely to exist than your stupid fucking "god".

lolno.

You are a total dumbfuck.