+78

7 REASONS TO DATE A BRITISH BOY: 1. His accent. 2. Having someone call you love. 3. His accent. 4. They dress better than American Boys. 5. His accent. 6. They're cuter than American Boys. 7. His accent. amirite?

17 70

Are the only options British and American guys?

@Kaitlyn Are the only options British and American guys?

Yes, they're the only two places in the world that have menfolk.

Am I the only one who likes Australian accents?

how did this get on the homepage? honestly.

@how did this get on the homepage? honestly.

Haha probably because Anthony is British!!

Good call! I was picturing an annoying teenage girl whose other internet tabs had 1D tumblr blogs on them writing this.

7 Reasons NOT to date a British boy:
1. His accent
2. He'll probably be cliche and call you "love"
3. His accent
4. He cares about his clothes more than his teeth.
5. His accent
6. He arrogantly thinks he's "cute"
7. That annoying accent!

Ah yes because all that matters in a boyfriend is his accent, clothes, and attractiveness.
Seriously, this site is slowly killing me.

@Egotistical Ah yes because all that matters in a boyfriend is his accent, clothes, and attractiveness. Seriously, this site is...

If you base your viewpoint on the entire female population off the "typical sluts" on amirite, you're doing it wrong. But then again, it sounds like you're pretty fond of generalization.

"They're the reason that other girls get a bad reputation". So I get looked down upon because of other girls' preferences? Does that make any sense? I'm sure there are quite a number of girls who base their boyfriends off clothes, attractiveness, and accents. But does that mean everyone does that? Does that make them sluts? No, everyone's attracted to their own things and it doesn't give a bad reputation to anyone. I don't see how vocalizing what you look for in a partner makes you shallow or stupid.

I like how you said the girls on this site present themselves as shallow and stupid and one of the girls—who I've found always seems to have something intelligent to say—tells you off in a very non-stupid manner. hehe smilie

Generalizations aren't that bad; it's the stereotypes that are frowned upon. A generalization is based upon most of the group, such as "Amish people don't use electricity." Stereotypes use a small group of people to make assumptions about larger groups, such as "Black people like to rape white girls."
Sorry for the rant, but I have noticed that many people don't know the difference.

I honestly don't think foreign accents are that great. Yeah they're cute, but eventually you'd just get used to it. But if we're going to talk about accents, British ones aren't my favorite.

@Wunderscore I honestly don't think foreign accents are that great. Yeah they're cute, but eventually you'd just get used to it...

hey! Don't go hating on other people's opinions of what accents they love best!

I'm not even sure if I have a favorite accent...accents are just all fun :D

Yesnomaybe: Well the post isn't directly about people's accents. It's more directed towards jesting at the fact that a lot of girls love and swoon over guys with English accents...seems to be a common trend among a lot of girls...according to the post anyway

@yesnomaybe Scottland is part of Great Britain so the Scottish accent is a British accent.

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +3Reply

Just because famous British boys are 'cute' doesn't mean they're all 'cuter' than American boys.

I coulda sworn I've seen this somewhere else.

Speaking as a 'British' girl, when using the term 'British'..what do you mean? The classic 'posh' English accent (which i supposedly have), then there is the cornish accent, manchester, liverpool, newcastle, yorkshire, essex, london accent (to name a few). Other than English, there are the Scotish accents which vary throughout, for example there is a significant difference between the accent of a man from Edinburgh and Glasgow. Then there is my personal favourite, the Irish accent which again varies hugely depending if it northern, southern ect ect. Then of course the Welsh accents, (notice the plural).

So when you say a 'British boys accent', I would rather you be more specific! Thank you :)

@Mollieee Speaking as a 'British' girl, when using the term 'British'..what do you mean? The classic 'posh' English accent...

Well, seeing how british females aren't being addressed, it doesn't matter what you would prefer.

Tennisjksdaghd; because she made the list so goddamn long when she could have just said something along the lines of "What do you means when you say 'British accent'? There are kind of a lot." y smilie

I love how British people always say how many accents there are but they will say American accents when there are in all likelyhood more American accents than British

Iamthewalrus: I know there are way more accents in America, I just think people don't realise the actual variation of the 'British' accent :)
And the anonmous person: i was speaking as a British person then on behalf of the British people when we get annoyed when people say the British accent as that includes many (see list above) :)

Mollie, why do I feel like you posted that just to rub in the fact that you know about British accents...?

I like how you mentioned British guys always calling girls "love" and dressing nice, which are stereotypes, but you also said they're cuter than American boys when British people being ugly is also a common stereotype. hmm smilie

This is definitely not from Tumblr.

**Change that to Scottish and I am definitely in

Only reason I would favor dating a British "boy" is if it was one of my favorite musicians, who are mostly from England.

WHY DOES THIS STILL HAVE A POSITIVE SCOREEEEEE

Damned Brits are overrated.

I like South African and Australian guys because they always seem to be easy going and athletic

well no but the person who posted this would probably just ignore it unless they're one of those people that try and cause shit all day :b

My boyfriend's American and he calls me love :D

Do Europeans like American accents??

If only I could down-vote this post into obliteration. Dude, you can't date a guy for his voice, and you're just going off a stereotype. Basically, the only difference between the men there and the men in America is the location and the way they talk. How superficial can you get?

It's a plus when a guy has a British accent but just ANY guy with a British accent doesn't equal hot