+528

"Its easy to be Pro-Choice when you aren't the one being murdered!" Well....Its easy to be Pro-Life when you aren't the one pregnant. Amirite?

IanMcGs avatar
38 93
The voters have decided that IanMcG is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I wouldn't mind being aborted if I hadn't lived long enough to form a single thought. Besides, I firmly believe everyone should be able to do whatever they want to themselves. Why not set a fetus on the table and ask it if it wants to live. Oh wait, it would die. Why? Because it's not a person, and it's existence depends solely on its mother. Thus, she gets the right to do whatever she wants with it.

@Mike_Hawk I wouldn't mind being aborted if I hadn't lived long enough to form a single thought. Besides, I firmly believe...

Imagine how different everybody's life would be with out you. The life of man touches so the lives of so many others. My mom got pregnant with me less than one month after she had just given birth. People kept telling here to abort because "I was unplanned" and my family had just moved out of a tiny apartment/attic we lived in. I know you can't see me, but look where I am today. (Think about everyone you've ever made happy).

Lettuces avatar Lettuce No Way +15Reply
@Lettuce Imagine how different everybody's life would be with out you. The life of man touches so the lives of so many...

my favorite prolife slogan is "SMILE: your mom chose life"

my mom has had an abortion that she kept secret from me and i just think "what if that had been me?"

@Kluklayu If it had been you, you wouldn't know and wouldn't care.

I care now and i think of who it would/could be.

@I care now and i think of who it would/could be.

Yeah you care now, because now, youre a human being an not a fetus. You have feelings and emotions and memory and are completely self aware of your surroundings. You can be nearly self-suffecient, your life isn't completely dependent on your mother anymore.

Kluklayus avatar Kluklayu Yeah You Are +14Reply
@Kluklayu Yeah you care now, because now, youre a human being an not a fetus. You have feelings and emotions and memory and...

it doesnt matter, i know that, i know it wouldnt even hurt, it is still wrong to me.

@it doesnt matter, i know that, i know it wouldnt even hurt, it is still wrong to me.

And that's fine, I'm not trying to say that your way of thinking of this is wrong, just trying to get you to see my side of it as well

Kluklayus avatar Kluklayu Yeah You Are +5Reply

but that's the thing, they wouldn't know how different their life would be WITH you if you had been aborted, because you wouldn't exist. It's easy to say that people would 'miss' you, but they wouldn't because they would never have even known you.

brunetterox915s avatar brunetterox915 Yeah You Are +9Reply
@brunetterox915 but that's the thing, they wouldn't know how different their life would be WITH you if you had been aborted...

Ever heard of post abortion depression? Mothers miss their kids, because they know they actually were kids, not cells

@chickensarecool01 Ever heard of post abortion depression? Mothers miss their kids, because they know they actually were kids, not cells

Don't people consider that adoption might be worse as far as missing the child goes? With abortion, it's only there for a short amount of time, then aborted before actually being something. With adoption, she has to carry it the full 9 months, have THAT much more time to grow attached to it, and give birth to it. Then it's taken away from the mother.

@Mike_Hawk Don't people consider that adoption might be worse as far as missing the child goes? With abortion, it's only there...

Not at all. A huge part, almost the whole of post abortion depression is extreme guilt for killing your child. When you give it up for abortion, you will undoubtedly miss the child, but you'll be satisfied onstead of guilty. You will live your whole life knowing you gave your child a good life, not live in depression because you feel like you killed your own kid.

@chickensarecool01 Not at all. A huge part, almost the whole of post abortion depression is extreme guilt for killing your child. When...

You mean give it up for adoption lol? 80% of women that have an abortion do not get post-abortion depression and most of the ones that do were already prone to depression or had other contributing factors (eg relationship problems with the father).

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +1Reply

ive never had an abortion, so i wouldnt know. but you can always get pregnant again. ive never been pregnant so i dont know how attached a person can get to a lump of cells, but i dont consider it a person and as such i wouldnt consider it murder. if killing a clump of cells is murder, then god help us all.

brunetterox915s avatar brunetterox915 Yeah You Are -5Reply
@brunetterox915 ive never had an abortion, so i wouldnt know. but you can always get pregnant again. ive never been pregnant so i...

First off. You made that "thing" and it's growing inside your body. I don't know how much closer you can get.
Second. In that lump of cells are the eye/hair/skin color and gender of a future child. All those things are decided at the moment of conception. God help YOU.

@First off. You made that "thing" and it's growing inside your body. I don't know how much closer you can...

sorry i mean thats just my opinion on it, and like i said, i cant truly know because ive never been pregnant, but in my eyes, its just not a person until its not physically attached to its mother. you have your opinion, i have mine, thats cool.

brunetterox915s avatar brunetterox915 Yeah You Are -1Reply

And I forgot to mention, having an abortion dramatically increases the chance that you will have trouble getting pregant in the future, and that there will be complications if you do. So you can't just say "you can always get pregnant again," because not everyone can.

That whole "clump of cells" argument is ridiculous. No, the child isn't fully developed yet and can't survive on its own, but neither can a six month old. Just because I'm more developed than a 1 year old, am I more of a human? No, we're all humans from the moment of conception no matter what we look like.

@chickensarecool01 That whole "clump of cells" argument is ridiculous. No, the child isn't fully developed yet and can't survive on...

but when you're 6 months old you're also not attached to your mother, and thats what i was saying. i dont consider it an actual person with rights until its not sharing blood with its mother.

When you're an infant, your existence depends on your mother as well, so does the mother have the right to do whatever she wants with the child? A child, born or not, is NOT part of the mother's body. He or she is a separate, living person, that happens to be growing inside of his or her mother. He has different DNA, his own heart, brain, and body. How is that part of the mother? What makes killing a baby seconds before he or she is born different from killing him/her right after she's born?

@VictoryAAC When you're an infant, your existence depends on your mother as well, so does the mother have the right to do...

I don't think it's possible for a baby to be aborted seconds before it is born, because I'm sure that would just make it a premature baby. Abortions take place when the baby is an embryo, a simple collection of cells. It has no brain, heart, or any other organs. It's just a bunch of cells.

Kluklayus avatar Kluklayu Yeah You Are +3Reply

I'd say it's the fact that a child seconds before birth has functioning organs, and would be able to survive outside the womb. A fetus has no fully developed organs, and relys completely on the mother's already existing organs. If it weren't for the connection of the umbilical cord, the fetus would not have anyway to survive at all. It can't breathe, it can't eat, it can't think, etc.

@Mike_Hawk I'd say it's the fact that a child seconds before birth has functioning organs, and would be able to survive...

But dependence doesn't equal non-personage. Infants are totally dependent (though it doesn't have to be on the mother), but it's illegal to kill them. The fetus is NOT part of the mother, he/she is simply EXTREMELY dependent on the mother. Many late-term abortions are carried out, and many babies have survived being born severely prematurely, but it would be illegal to kill them, despite the fact that they aren't fully developed and are completely dependent on machinery/doctors.

Because something that is going to form into a human being should be treated like a cancer, amirite?

INB4 debate!

@1092263

People also choice to murder. Just because it's Pro-choice doesn't automatically make it not murder... I could rename war into "Beneficial Strategems," but that doesn't change the fact that armies battle it out and people die.

@1093802

Thereby promoting murder! I'll be honest... I'm fully supportive of people using a gun to defend themselves from an intruder in their home. And I'm fully aware that the intruder probably will die. I'm not promoting murder, but I am aware that it is a by-product, and I take it into account.

What you seem to be doing is disregarding the baby entirely, and saying you support the choice to murder the baby! It's the same thing, open your eyes.

@1095659

You support the choice, and all outcomes of that choice, no? If you only support the choice and limit it, then you don't support choice. Therefore, you support both abortion and not. Thereby promoting murder. If you cannot see this, I'm sorry, but don't try to defend your irrationality.

I am neither being murdered nor pregnant, and I actually find it somewhat difficult to be pro-life or pro-choice.

I hate when teenagers get abortions and say "i wasn't ready", and crap. I mean i know my comment isn't going to change much but if you got pregnant unplanned and you're over 18 fine, but if you're like 16 and you got pregnant unplanned why the hell were you even having sex? Plus i hate that media makes teenagers think it's okay to get pregnant and it'll make you money (aka 16 and Pregnant, and Teen Moms) teens should know that they shouldn't, 'cause they can't take care of the kid and it's no one's fault but their own, not their parents, not the condoms, it's their problem not anyone else's or anyone they try to get sympathy from. the solution is close your damn legs. And if you do get pregnant, put the kid before yourself if you decide to keep it, make sure they get everything they need, including love, don't neglect them.

My gf is pregnant, 18 and 16 years old. And we're both pro-life. We'll admit we thought about it, but you end up loving the little bump in her stomach.

I'm pro-choice on this for many reasons. I believe that the choice includes more than abortion, it includes adoption, abortion, and supporting the child. Please done hate on this simply because "abortion is murder and murder is wrong", at least take the time to try and understand what I'm talking about before you freak out on me. I believe in pro-choice because of just that, choice. I believe people have the right to make choices and mistakes in their life, and learn from them. I also believe that people have to suffer the consequences of their actions. That doesn't just mean if someone gets pregnant, they should have to deal with having a child, it also means that if someone gets an abortion or chooses adoption, they are going to have to deal with their own morals and feelings of that choice, whether it be that they feel they have murdered the "child", that they gave up their child to complete strangers, or the difficulties of raising a child. I believe that it is wrong to try and ...

Kluklayus avatar Kluklayu Yeah You Are +11Reply

People NWing: "Damn, he's right! But I'm pro-life... -no ways-"

The_Enlighteneds avatar The_Enlightened Yeah You Are +10Reply
@The_Enlightened People NWing: "Damn, he's right! But I'm pro-life... -no ways-"

I'm pro-life, and I didn't think he was right...hence the reason I NW'd...
I don't see what brought you to that conclusion.

Lettuces avatar Lettuce No Way +20Reply

people who no wayed dont think hes right... they think its not the same.

People that debate about abortion so often seem to be lacking in intelligent arguments, and over the internet? This isn't going to accomplish anything.

Regardless, statistics show that the majority of women get abortions because they feel pressured into doing so, and like they have no other options.

Maybe if the media didn't hoist around abortion as the first and best option for women facing an unplanned pregnancy, and people looking to provide alternatives weren't labeled as evildoers and vultures, the CHOICE that everyone seems to support, could actually be a "choice."

@leeshafishyy People that debate about abortion so often seem to be lacking in intelligent arguments, and over the internet? This...

I don't see how the media encourages abortion. If anything, it seems to demonize it, and condone having the baby no matter what. What specifically are you talking about, then?
(Not trying to delegitimize your point, just asking for clarification.)

I personally would never think of having an abortion but, I also do not believe I have a right to tell someone else what they can or cannot do with their body. You can't say no you have to go through nine months and have this baby.
And all of you who say you are against it even in the case of rape obviously know NOTHING about the subject. After being raped having a constant reminder on you when all you want to do is forget would be terrible. And for all of you who call those women "selfish" for aborting a child of rape you honestly disgust me and make me lose faith in humanity.
Imagine if the worst thing of your life happened and you just wanted to forget and you don't even have the CHOICE to decide to abort the outcome of the rape. It would be terrible. You have to put yourself in the other persons shoes before you decide to judge. And all of you who are pro-life in the name of God. The Bible says that no one has the right to judge so try that for a change.

@AshleyKunkle I personally would never think of having an abortion but, I also do not believe I have a right to tell someone else...

I agree with you 100% on everything you said.If someone is raped and gets pregnant, the morality/ legality of terminating should not even be a question. Minimizing the sufferings of rape victims is despicable and ignorant.

swimmer24100s avatar swimmer24100 Yeah You Are +2Reply

It amuses me that republicans are against abortion because it causes death, then go out and support everything else that causes death (capital punishment, war...)

@It amuses me that republicans are against abortion because it causes death, then go out and support everything else...

Hi, I'm a republican. I am Pro-Choice, and I believe that war is bad but sometimes necessary. Do you love me now?

War is necessary only in defense. Why do people get the impression that all Republicans want to do is expand our borders?

Death Penalty: Usually death is more humane than shoving some person in a jail for 40+ years and then if they are lucky enough to get out, they are homeless. You can't have mass murderers walking the street and there is only so much you can do to protect a person's sanity.

Abortion: Imagine if you aborted the next Einstein or the next Barack Obama. Death penalty involves someone making a choice in their life and failing. Abortion involves a failed decision that the person who made the decision doesn't have to suffer the consequences of.

Don't get the idea that Republicans support excess killing.

@Phil War is necessary only in defense. Why do people get the impression that all Republicans want to do is expand our...

Your point about abortion is irrelevant. What if Einstein's parents decided not to have sex the night he would have been conceived? The fact that a potential child could be a prodigy prodigy doesn't matter, because they could also be a psychopathic murderer. What caliber of person an egg and sperm come together to make is not relevant to the issue of abortion.

@1116921

They didn't thumb up their own comments... I thumbed up their comment because I agreed with it.

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +2Reply
@1116921

I didn't... and now you look like a douche.

swimmer24100s avatar swimmer24100 Yeah You Are 0Reply

The opposite thing can be said for Democrats, though. They're okay with killing innocent babies but not criminals. And I'm with Phil, above me.

It's easy not being pregnant when you make responsible decisions!

@It's easy not being pregnant when you make responsible decisions!

using a condom: responsible decision, yeah? get pregnant anyways, your irresponsible, right?

@using a condom: responsible decision, yeah? get pregnant anyways, your irresponsible, right?

If you choose to have sex, then you should accept that there is always the risk of getting pregnant.

@duh but having sex isnt irresponsible.

It is, if you know you can't handle having a child.

@its not IF YOU USE BIRTH CONTROL.

sigh birth control still has a .1% chance of failure.

For MYSELF I am pro-life and always will be, even in (God forbid it ever happens) the case of rape.

For others however, it is their own life and I cannot control what they do or do not do, therefore I try not to care.
I do wish people considered adoption more often, but they don't and that's just how it is.
It's probably extremely difficult for both decisions in an unplanned pregnancy.

The zygote(it is not a baby yet, just a ball of cells) can not think or feel yet when the abortion happens. Anyways, it would go through more pain if it had to grow up with a mother who is not ready to be a mother or with out a mother at all. Not that all mothers of unexpected babies are bad, just to clarify. Also, there is a huge overpopulation of humans on our planet and our population is expected to double in around 50 years. and there are already tons of children in need of homes.

Here's my plan: if you get pregnant, give birth and put it up for adoption and let gay people/middle-aged people adopt.

@eldorito Here's my plan: if you get pregnant, give birth and put it up for adoption and let gay people/middle-aged people adopt.

You would give your child to a gay couple, with all the prejudice that entails? That poor child would be mercilessly bullied in school for having two dads/moms

Kluklayus avatar Kluklayu Yeah You Are -4Reply
@Kluklayu You would give your child to a gay couple, with all the prejudice that entails? That poor child would be...

Are you serious? My sister's best friend in school had two mums and everyone who gave her shit about it was put in their place quickly. Plus kids are bullied for like everything, are you suggesting that people who might have ginger kids not have them because they might be bullied?

@SpearmintMilk Are you serious? My sister's best friend in school had two mums and everyone who gave her shit about it was put in...

No, that's not what I'm saying, what I'm saying is that I don't think it's a good idea to let kids be adopted by gay couples because I've seen kids comit suicide and be beaten nearly to death because they have gay parents. I just personally would not want my child to be adopted by a gay couple.

Kluklayus avatar Kluklayu Yeah You Are -1Reply

This was taken off hacked IRL or something like that

who else is pro death? I am

While I agree people who are pro-life should be supporting the mother, or even be willing to help care for the child if she can't do it herself, I'm sorry but even if you are raped, putting up with nine months of discomfort and then either caring for and loving your child or GIVING IT TO A COUPLE who could love it and care for it is ALWAYS the right choice. Make something good come it. Even if you are raped, wouldn't you rather know that you gave life to a miracle and blessed a couple with that child and someone to love, and blessed your child with loving parents? It's that or the guilt of knowing you murdered and innocent baby. You'd be adding even more horror to a horrible situation. I understand it's difficult and of COURSE they need the support and instead of just being judgmental we should be doing everything we can to love on the women and support them and help them AND the child. But murder is never right. Even if it is the "easy" way out, it is nothing but selfish and wrong.

@geekspawn While I agree people who are pro-life should be supporting the mother, or even be willing to help care for the...

seems to me like you havent had that experience. and its not fair to tell someone who has gone through that awful thing to tell them what they are doing is "selfish". It is a living, breathing reminder of what happened. not to say that it should be aborted but she should have the choice.

@seems to me like you havent had that experience. and its not fair to tell someone who has gone through that awful...

I dont think she SHOULD have the choice unless her health in in danger. abortions cause a lot of the women whove had them mental health problems, she can put it up for adoption. and i know someones going to say "awwhh but being adobted is rough" its not, i was adobted and so was my sister and her best friend, there wasnt any "going through terrible mentally scarring foster homes"

@I dont think she SHOULD have the choice unless her health in in danger. abortions cause a lot of the women whove...

So youre saying that people shouldn't have the choice, even if they suffer the consequences of their actions? If someone gets an abortion, and then has mental health problems, she has nobody to blame but herself. People should be able to do whatever the hell they want to do, but they have to realize that every decision has good or bad outcomes, sometimes both

Kluklayus avatar Kluklayu Yeah You Are +6Reply

It's the definition of selfish. It's making your life more important than that of someone else's and deciding that your comfort is more important than their life. Something tells me you won't forget being raped even without the baby, wouldn't it be better to at least know that instead of also having YOUR crime of murder on top of the man's crime of raping you, you have the reminder that you were able to bless someone else and your own child as a result and not justify doing something terrible because someone else did something terrible to you? The man who raped her? HE is the living breathing reminder of what happened. Yes, he is guilty, yes, I think he deserves death. Not the innocent baby.

@geekspawn It's the definition of selfish. It's making your life more important than that of someone else's and deciding that...

HOLD THE PHONE... you think that you can decide on whether a fully-grown, fully functional human being deserves death, but that a woman cannot decide on what to do with her own foetus? Yes, he has committed a crime, but you say you're PRO-LIFE. I don't see how you can campaign for the development of a foetus so strongly, then suddenly turn around and state a man should be killed.

strawberryfrozes avatar strawberryfroze Yeah You Are +12Reply
@strawberryfroze HOLD THE PHONE... you think that you can decide on whether a fully-grown, fully functional human being deserves...

I believe in justice. I believe you rape someone, you deserve death. But an innocent child? I think NOT.

@geekspawn I believe in justice. I believe you rape someone, you deserve death. But an innocent child? I think NOT.

You say you believe in justice, but you don't believe a woman should have the right to make a decision about HER OWN foetus - something that isn't even developed yet & is part of her body. You think you can decide against the abortion of someone else's foetus - their's, not yours. That's not justified.

strawberryfrozes avatar strawberryfroze Yeah You Are +8Reply

If you believe so highly in justice, then you believe in rights and freedoms. Read my comment, because I don't feel like repeating that to tell you how hypocritical you are being

DISCOMFORT? DISCOMFORT?
Calling the nine months after being raped in which you could not escape what happened to you for more than a second "difficult" is the understatement of the century. If you think the worst it would involve is "discomfort", you're delusional.
If your twelve year old daughter was raped and discovered she was pregnant, are you honestly telling me that you would stop her from terminating?
No, it's not the easy way out. There is no "easy way out" after being raped. But delaying the commencement of the recovery process by nine months? That's torture.
You sound unbelievably ignorant. I really don't think you understand the severity of rape.
As for justice? There is no justice in rape. The girl is victim and nothing more. She is a victim, and to call her "selfish" or a "murderer" is heinous.

swimmer24100s avatar swimmer24100 Yeah You Are +5Reply

Yes, because having your life cancelled before you are given the chance of living it is totally equal to suffering the consequences of your own choices. (With the exception of rape, of course.)

@pantherfanatic Yes, because having your life cancelled before you are given the chance of living it is totally equal to suffering...

You have plenty of time to make the choice before they're actually a living child. I think I'd rather have an abortion than go through life struggling with the fact I got pregnant unplanned and trying to take care of a kid.

ShanLovesStuffs avatar ShanLovesStuff Yeah You Are +12Reply
@ShanLovesStuff You have plenty of time to make the choice before they're actually a living child. I think I'd rather have an...

Way to completely disregard the option of adoption. I HATE how many people ignore the fact that there is a MASSIVE waiting list across America of loving couples who want to adopt a child. Not only does this give the child a home, but usually also helps provide for the mother. My sister is adopted, and I am POSITIVE everyone in the situation is happier then if her mother had decided to abort her. My family was blessed with a beautiful little girl, and her mother can know that she gave her daughter a chance for a wonderful life.

@geekspawn Way to completely disregard the option of adoption. I HATE how many people ignore the fact that there is a MASSIVE...

I didn't ignore the option, but sometimes it's not worth the 9 months just to give up a child that may never find a home. Yes, your sister was lucky but not every person gets the opportunity to find a loving home. Point is, it's the mother's body and she can do what she wants with it.

ShanLovesStuffs avatar ShanLovesStuff Yeah You Are +4Reply
@ShanLovesStuff I didn't ignore the option, but sometimes it's not worth the 9 months just to give up a child that may never find a...

Again, just proving the sad ignorance of most people on the subject of adoption. In America, many people wait YEARS for there to be a baby available to adopt.
Point is, it's a living person inside her body and that baby has rights to its own life and body. Abortion isn't something a woman "does to her body" it's something a woman chooses to destroy someone else's body.

@geekspawn Again, just proving the sad ignorance of most people on the subject of adoption. In America, many people wait YEARS...

I think you got it backwards. There are millions of orphans wanting to be adopted. The orphans far outweigh the adopters.

Oh my god, be quiet. This country is full of orphans. I know how adoption works and it's not how you make it out to be. Don't call me and others ignorant when you're giving me these false "facts." And no, it's a part of the mother's body. I don't like you so stop talking please, this is stupid. I have my views and so do you.

@ShanLovesStuff Oh my god, be quiet. This country is full of orphans. I know how adoption works and it's not how you make it out to...

How is it the mother's body? It has different DNA than the mother, so obviously it is not part of the mother.

I am pretty sure I am aware of how adoption works, considering my parents are certified foster parents in the US and numerous adoption agencies told us not to even bother to apply for an adoption in the US because there are so many foster families on a waiting list for a baby that the average wait is at least five years to be placed with a child- including drug babies and special needs babies. If the child is not adopted, it is in the foster care system because parental rights have not been severed yet. In addition, even if after a few days the birth mother decides she DOES want to keep the baby, all of her living expenses and health care during pregnancy and several months afterward are payed for by the adoptive family. After going through an international adoption, and having MANY close friends who are foster/adopt families or foster families who have been through it, I have a hard time seeing where you're coming from saying they are "false" facts.

@geekspawn I am pretty sure I am aware of how adoption works, considering my parents are certified foster parents in the US...

Are you done? You've made your point that it's "so wrong." This is my last reply, so have a good life and be a little more open to other peoples' view on the subject.

ShanLovesStuffs avatar ShanLovesStuff Yeah You Are +1Reply

My mom's adopted, but she's pro-choice. Adoption is an option (sorry for the unintended bad rhyme), but it's not for everyone. For myself and what I will do with my life, I am pro-life, except in the case of rape or a disease that will kill me and/or my baby. While I don't think women should be allowed to abort because they were stupid and forgot protection, I don't think it is up to the government to decide what women should do with their bodies. Besides, women would just find illegal and dangerous ways to do it if they were really determined, leading to even more deaths.

art of trolling?