-109

Christians: you really don't know what to think about God and the weather. When it's a nice, beautiful day you thank God. When a natural disaster happens, you wonder why. Maybe God doesn't control the weather at all, amirite?

Joe_Larsons avatar
1 16
The voters have decided that Joe_Larson is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

inb4 massive comment war that is vaguely related to the post

Most true Christians thank God for everything... not just the good things.

Why would he let natural disasters kill millions of people, it makes no sense.

goddammit (zing), you all need to read my inb4's.

The way i see it is that Gods already written the book. He knows whats going to happen, and he knows if he's going to intervene or not. But it wouldnt matter in the end since "God works all things together for good." And no matter what the situation is, you need to be like Job and praise him during the blessing and during the famine

@bigdrummaboy The way i see it is that Gods already written the book. He knows whats going to happen, and he knows if he's going...

Good post. It still really rocks my image of God every time something like the Japan tsunami happens. And I am already in a bit of a truth crisis right now, very confused about a lot of things

Joe_Larsons avatar Joe_Larson Yeah You Are -1Reply

Horrible events and distasters bring families closer together. Like that movie "Remeber Me"

Intellicast.com must be ran by god. That website is pretty spot on when it comes to predicting the weather.

don't judge a religion by the people you see following it and don't judge religions by Christianity
I'm not a Christian, and I found answers to the point you're referring to and that's why I'm giving you the link:http://www.4shared.com/document...ist__Must.html
for a different version (may differ in the solution):
http://www.scribd.com/doc/26392...ith-an-Atheist
I think you'll find this topic in chapter III

I'm not going to try and start some crazy comment war, but my Bible teacher basically told us that bad-mouthing the weather is bad-mouthing God. Whether that would be applied to natural disasters I don't know, but it seems like it would be.

THERE IS NO GOD, FACE THE TRUTH PEOPLE

@THERE IS NO GOD, FACE THE TRUTH PEOPLE

(Anonymous):Stop acting like you're twelve. This post has nothing to do with you so dont get involved. I don't comment on your Athiest posts.

@THERE IS NO GOD, FACE THE TRUTH PEOPLE

I agree. Kind of. God is a state of mind.