+502

Instead of joining a Facebook group to "help" some cause, you should donate $10 to the Red Cross. You know, so you can ACTUALLY help someone, amirite?

vondahls avatar
10 30
The voters have decided that vondahl is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 that will go towards helping the Japanese after their disaster!

vondahls avatar vondahl Yeah You Are +13Reply

I also find it silly how people pray for Japan instead of actually doing something proactive. Just like changing your profile picture to a cartoon character to raise awareness for child abuse.

@I also find it silly how people pray for Japan instead of actually doing something proactive. Just like changing...

For sure! There was this post (I think it was POTD) that was saying, "It's awkward when you're about to beat your kid and everyone changes their picture to cartoon characters on fb" haha.

vondahls avatar vondahl Yeah You Are +3Reply

So what you're saying is praying and getting the word out to people who can help, if you can't do anything is bad?

I donated $17, I chose that number cause 7 is a lucky number.

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are +3Reply

I'm not saying it's bad to donate. But i have a friend that helped disaster relief before with red cross and witnessed people from red cross pocket the money. Supposedly there have been a couple of lawsuits against them before. I'm all for donating. But do some research to be sure ofwhere your money goes before you donate it.

@I'm not saying it's bad to donate. But i have a friend that helped disaster relief before with red cross and...

That's interesting. Do you have any links to articles about this? I'm having trouble finding info about it!

@vondahl That's interesting. Do you have any links to articles about this? I'm having trouble finding info about it!

I saw my friend get shot... do you want a link leading you to the police report of EVERY single crime that's ever happened on this planet?

P.S. I volunteer for the Red Cross and I can tell you for certain that they are human, just like us... or do you want a link to believe that too?

@vondahl What on earth are you talking about?

The guy said his friend SAW someone stealing, how on earth are they going to get a link to an article on that? I really want to go on a self righteous rant right now, but it seems like it will go over your head.

I mean double checking to make sure something is reliable is good and all, but asking for a link to a first person experience is kinda unrealistic. And what I was saying is that I do volunteer work and even though for the most part the volunteers are nice, there are some sketchy people who do it, because it's court mandated or some shit

@KickAss The guy said his friend SAW someone stealing, how on earth are they going to get a link to an article on that? I...

I still don't understand why you're so angry. He said he heard about a couple lawsuits, and that's what I wanted to see more info on. Get over yourself.

vondahls avatar vondahl Yeah You Are -1Reply
@vondahl I still don't understand why you're so angry. He said he heard about a couple lawsuits, and that's what I wanted to...

Who said I was angry? Anywho, YOU should be the one getting over YOURSELF. What I said is completely valid and just because I didn't agree with you and you're stupid doesn't justify insulting me. Here I'll tell you what, if you can find an article on line proving that you were born, then I'll believe you're alive.

@vondahl I think you need some counseling.

Umm... been there done that. My counselor needs counseling now

vondahls avatar vondahl Yeah You Are 0Reply
@KickAss Depends, is that what you're doing?

Naw, it was just an allusion to South Park.

vondahls avatar vondahl Yeah You Are +1Reply
@vondahl :O

It's the show about the mystery solving dog and his gang banging owners right?

yes, any links?
people like that should be abandoned in the disaster and die a slow death.

TalkingRices avatar TalkingRice Yeah You Are +1Reply
@TalkingRice yes, any links? people like that should be abandoned in the disaster and die a slow death.

Yeah because when a volunteer goes out into a harsh environment to save lives, because they get $0 out there wants some money, he deserves slow and painful DEATH?

@TheTall123 Yeah because when a volunteer goes out into a harsh environment to save lives, because they get $0 out there wants...

I think TalkingRice meant the corrupt people who pocket money.
I thought what you said at first, but then I read it in a different context haha. I could be wrong though.

I will try to find factual articles and get back to you. but of course things like this won't be greatly publicized if they are trying to not get caught. it's sad what greed does to people.

Those things actually help... if you can't help, then you "like" it so your friends can see it, people who can help can see it. Try to use your brain a little before going off on a self-righteous rant.

You calls em as you sees em.

sestrada16s avatar sestrada16 Yeah You Are -1Reply