+584

"When I was ten I wrote my name and the date on a dollar bill hoping to come across it again. Today while getting back change I received that very same dollar, ten years later and across the country. MLIA" Post like this make you wounder why you ever thought any of this crap was real, amirite?

Jokes & Humour
5 55

You just inspired me to burn/white out any bills with names on them... or to write "I'm watching you" next to the name :}

TalkingRices avatar TalkingRice Yeah You Are +19Reply
MikePullams avatar MikePullam Yeah You Are +10Reply
@MikePullam HOW CAN YOU WRITE OR BURN THINGS? YOU ARE "TALKING RICE", NOT "BURNING/WRITING RICE"

I am also known as BREAKING-CHOPSTICK-RICE,
those weapons of mass destruction.

TalkingRices avatar TalkingRice Yeah You Are +3Reply

I don't understand what's not to believe about it... You can get dollars back when you get change. If I give some one $20 dollars for a $11.23 purchase, I'll get $8.77 back.

@Ras I don't understand what's not to believe about it... You can get dollars back when you get change. If I give some...

In MY day you woulda got $12 back!... Because the average folk didn't know about variables!... Or fixed decimal places!

@LinksLegionaire Or basic math?

Well, I did leave school when I was seven. Papa lost his job to the polio, and we needed the money.

@1107786

Old mlia was so average, it was funny. Now. It's pathetic. :(

MrsxBillxKaulitzs avatar MrsxBillxKaulitz Yeah You Are +14Reply
@1107824

Bull! That did NOT happen.

@Bull! That did NOT happen.

the point of mlia is its not about average things happening its about the average person and average just means the majority. so if the majority of people act like little kids so what? and yes most of them are probably fake but who cares? if the majority of people find them funny and a few are beliveble. just because this one is very unlikly dont stereotype the rest of them and one more thing atleast its the one thing on the internet that just talks about things that we used to love and still do love and not constant sexual inuendos.

@the point of mlia is its not about average things happening its about the average person and average just means the...

If you remember, the first 1,000 posts went something like this:
"Today. I ate some pancakes. Then I drove to work. MLIA"
or:
"Today. I listened to some music and cleaned my room. MLIA"
So. You're wrong. I cannot put it any other way.

@1107824

Decent. I posted one about cutting my fingernails, but I don't know if it got approved. MLIA turned to shit after I submitted it, so I didn't even bother looking.

@1110398

Like on amirite? :p I never commented on them.

Can a dollar bill last 10 years without getting ripped or something?

@1107657

Well I know ripping money is illegal, but I'm pretty sure a dollar bill would be pretty worn after 10 years.

I am pretty sure this doesn't happen to the average person.

@Shadi I am pretty sure this doesn't happen to the average person.

(Chauncy Pickles): then, wait...does the A in MLIA stand for Awesome then???

Montanas avatar Montana Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Montana (Chauncy Pickles): then, wait...does the A in MLIA stand for Awesome then???

(Chauncy Pickles): @1107788 (Montana): I think that at this point, it stands for "Artificial".

@Shadi I don't even know anymore!

(Chauncy Pickles): I actually came here because somebody made a post about amirite on MLIA. I never went back. MLIA, amirite?

Montanas avatar Montana Yeah You Are +25Reply
@Montana (Chauncy Pickles): I actually came here because somebody made a post about amirite on MLIA. I never went back...

Same thing happened to me.. someone on MLIA made a post about a "your/you're" error on amirite, i checked out amirite, and never went back

Edward_FINNAs avatar Edward_FINNA Yeah You Are +3Reply

Give it to the ice cream man at age 7, get it back at age 19 working as a stripper.

Average lifetime of dollar bills is 18 months

Mlia is the most unaverage website out there.

Marylov3s avatar Marylov3 Yeah You Are +4Reply

This was my post by the way

If that would true, it would not be ordinary/ average in the least.

Wouldn't the ink wash away or something?

Ever seen this before? http://www.wheresgeorge.com/

Thantophobias avatar Thantophobia Yeah You Are 0Reply

Okewl, another post about MLIA on amirite. That's precisely what I come here to read.

And you spelled wonder wrong.

PinkSponges avatar PinkSponge Yeah You Are +1Reply
@shelbme Oh, okay. It was me who was wrong. _^

Hahahahaha, I was joking. I'm pretty sure no one spells wonder with a "u".

@PinkSponge Hahahahaha, I was joking. I'm pretty sure no one spells wonder with a "u".

When you said that I googled it, and I got like six results. I figured you were some sort of English grammar nazi.

i like to write "not for weed" everytime i buy weed and see if i get one of those back but i doubt i ever will

Why don't you just comment on the post next time?

@Why don't you just comment on the post next time?

Why don't you just get a username next time?

Retoosers avatar Retooser Yeah You Are +29Reply
@Retooser Why don't you just get a username next time?

I have one. Commenting anonymously doesn't mean that I don't have a username.

@1107643

Whoa, you mad? I was just asking.

Retoosers avatar Retooser Yeah You Are +10Reply
@1107670

I wasn't trying to lord it over you. I just like to mess with anons every now and then. Clearly I picked the wrong one. My apologies.

Retoosers avatar Retooser Yeah You Are +12Reply
@1107670

Yeah, because user name or not, we're all still anonymous.