+249

Say what you want about Glee, but they're introducing some good older tunes and some of today's alternative music to people that normal stay within the boundaries of Adult Top 40. Last night, for instance, Kurt sang Blackbird by the Beatles. Since then, Blackbird has become the 3rd most popular Beatles song on iTunes. amirite?

Music
1 11

but this was the beatle's version that was bought..... either way wouldn't you rather hear people singing older songs that they heard on glee than the crap songs on the radio today?

Has anyone seen the Starkid musicals? Clearly Darren Criss can sing. Plus, his voice in the songs he sings on Glee sounds the same as in the other musicals, which aren't autotuned, so what proof is there that they are all autotuned?

@Has anyone seen the Starkid musicals? Clearly Darren Criss can sing. Plus, his voice in the songs he sings on Glee...

Good point. Not to mention Lea Michelle was on Broadway.
I'll admit some of those people can't sing (Finn and Quinn) but some of them are really good (Kurt and Puck)

I know it's a good thing and all that some really great music of past generations has been made popular again so a broader audience can appreciate it... but I still die a bit inside when they do an old song that I love. Like, if I loved it before Glee even touched it then I sort of want to keep it to myself, y'know?

That is a really great song. It has one of the nicest acoustic guitar melodies out there.

dan94s avatar dan94 Yeah You Are +3Reply

yeah but thats because they heard it sung by an autotuned fake voice. It's not that they like the song, they like the nasty jacked-up version. And I'm sick of seeing comments on youtube saying "o em gee you gaize the glee version was sooo much better!"

@yeah but thats because they heard it sung by an autotuned fake voice. It's not that they like the song, they like...

You do realize every one of those performers can actually sing, right? Autotune can actually be used as a way to make it sound different instead of just taking a voice that sounds like crap and transforming it into this work of art.
And the comment below mine addresses the second part your comment.

EstoniaObsesseds avatar EstoniaObsessed Yeah You Are +2Reply

They pick awesome songs and ruin them with their fake Autotune voices...Apparently everyone can sing if they use Autotune, so i'm guessing if we told a kid that in the 90s or before then, people use to sing using their actual voices and not Autotune, they'd go 'ewww whats wrong with them?' and they'd call the best music of all time 'shit' because the stupid Autotune hasn't been used on the singer's voice -___-

This is what the world is coming to, and i can't believe people are getting brainwashed by Autotune because it 'apparently' makes their voice better, when it actually makes it sound worse...god, i hate society nowadays.

i LOVE the mashups. Say what you want about them, but they are always so good. my two favorites are "Singin' in the Rain"&"Umbrella", and "Unpretty"&"I Feel Pretty." I also loved when Finn sang "Losing my Religion"