+12

If there isn't a God at all, is the meaning of life just to be happy? (Please comment), amirite?

Joe_Larsons avatar
0 8
The voters have decided that Joe_Larson is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Live. That's all. Make the best of your time alive.

AtheisticMystics avatar AtheisticMystic Yeah You Are +3Reply

i dont think life has a meaning if there's no God. its just random insanity.

@tequiero i dont think life has a meaning if there's no God. its just random insanity.

Yeah, sometimes I feel that it's that way. But other times I wonder; if God happened to not exist, is it possible to find a purpose and fulfillment in life? There are too many people in the world for so many to be living for nothing in particular

Joe_Larsons avatar Joe_Larson Yeah You Are -1Reply

The point for animals is to reproduce and carry on the species
Idk, I guess no one knows the meaning of life

@The point for animals is to reproduce and carry on the species Idk, I guess no one knows the meaning of life

If life doesn't have much purpose, then why does everyone try so hard? If I thought all there was is life and then death, I would probably be the biggest underachiever in the world, because nothing would really matter. Hbu?

Joe_Larsons avatar Joe_Larson Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Joe_Larson If life doesn't have much purpose, then why does everyone try so hard? If I thought all there was is life and then...

I'm not sure. I think everyone wants to achieve happiness, because the good moments are those that make life worth living. We work so hard for that one moment.

Even if god does exist, what is the meaning of life? If there is a god can't the meaning of life still be happiness?

@JessyMetal Even if god does exist, what is the meaning of life? If there is a god can't the meaning of life still be happiness?

Well, happiness comes second to accomplishing God's will. Usually, though, if we walk with God in a way that pleases Him, our reward will be joy and fulfillment. The Bible talks a lot about a disciple's call to suffering, so a Christian's purpose in life is not always "pleasure" or "happiness", but it can result in those things too