+2

Saying "don't like abortion, don't get one", doesn't make sense. Abortion isn't something you do to yourself, it is something you are doing to another human being that can't even defend itself, amirite?

lookitups avatar
1 23
The voters have decided that lookitup is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

How does the concept of not forcing a woman to bear a child against her will not make sense to you?

@fEMMAnist How does the concept of not forcing a woman to bear a child against her will not make sense to you?

I'm sorry but if the woman is pregnant I'm guessing she probably did something to get that way. Therefore it is her fault and she should have to face the consequences.

lookitups avatar lookitup Yeah You Are -2Reply
@lookitup I'm sorry but if the woman is pregnant I'm guessing she probably did something to get that way. Therefore it is...

She could have been raped. Furthermore, we shouldn't hand out babies as punishments for having sex and not wanting to have a baby. Getting an abortion to deal with an unwanted pregnancy IS a way of facing the consequences of one's actions. Some people feel it is the best way and most responsible of facing the consequences. Besides, it takes two to tango so it couldn't have been all her "fault".

@fEMMAnist She could have been raped. Furthermore, we shouldn't hand out babies as punishments for having sex and not wanting...

if she was raped I still think that she should have the baby but that's another discussion for another time. If a woman has consensual sex she should have to suffer the FULL consequences of her actions. As in carrying the child and birthing the child. If she wants to give it up for adoption I couldn't care less. As far as the man goes if she keeps the child he should be a father to it or at least pay child support.

lookitups avatar lookitup Yeah You Are -3Reply
@lookitup if she was raped I still think that she should have the baby but that's another discussion for another time. If a...

She should have to suffer? Seriously? SUFFER the full consequences of her actions? I am against anything that makes more women suffer needlessly. I don't think women should we make women suffer when we can give them access to a safe medical procedure that can improve their lives and help them out. There is nothing wrong will having sex and we shouldn't punish people for it by making them give birth when they are not ready to handle it. As a said before getting an abortion is not away of avoiding consequences it is just a method of dealing with them.

@fEMMAnist She should have to suffer? Seriously? SUFFER the full consequences of her actions? I am against anything that makes...

so if I tell someone a secret, and I find out they can't keep it, a way of dealing with the consequences of my misplaced trust would be to kill them?

@lookitup so if I tell someone a secret, and I find out they can't keep it, a way of dealing with the consequences of my...

That would be a poor way of dealing with the consequences but I see no similarity between what you said and what I said. That's not the same situation at all and the analogy doesn't work.

@fEMMAnist That would be a poor way of dealing with the consequences but I see no similarity between what you said and what I...

well a girl has sex and gets pregnant and you are saying that she can murder that human being inside of her for her mistake.

lookitups avatar lookitup Yeah You Are -1Reply
@lookitup well a girl has sex and gets pregnant and you are saying that she can murder that human being inside of her for her...

you really don't get it? If a girl were to get pregnant and her parents can't afford to pay all those bills for her and the child then the responsible thing to do would be to have an abortion.And just to point it out! before 4 months the child is not even a child really it looks morelike......a chicken....if it gets that far. Also that is kind of sicks that if a woman is raped and gets pregnant that you would want her to have the baby.

@fireflyrage you really don't get it? If a girl were to get pregnant and her parents can't afford to pay all those bills for her...

ok abortion is the same as murder. After like a week it can feel and looks human. And I don't care what the reasons you have are, murder is murder. There is no justification.

@lookitup ok abortion is the same as murder. After like a week it can feel and looks human. And I don't care what the...

wow...thats a sick point of vew...so if your girlfriend was raped and she got pregnant you would want her to have the baby?

@lookitup yes and I would raise it as my own.

dude that is so sick...It like raising the seed of evil....how would your girlfriend feel about that evil inside her...I mena think about it from a womens perspective...you were just raped and now your boyfriend won't let you abort the baby?

@fireflyrage dude that is so sick...It like raising the seed of evil....how would your girlfriend feel about that evil inside...

I never said I wouldn't let her. I would just encourage her to keep it. Or at least give it up for adoption.

@lookitup I never said I wouldn't let her. I would just encourage her to keep it. Or at least give it up for adoption.

We have enough children without homes and after about 8 a childs chances of getting adopted are very very low. We cannot afford to have every child that gets concieved as a result of some drunken idiot and their girlfriend/boyfriend (or drugged person and rapist)

@fireflyrage We have enough children without homes and after about 8 a childs chances of getting adopted are very very low. We...

I still don't think that we should kill them. They did nothing wrong. Why should they pay for others mistakes?

I say put the baby up for adoption and let gays/middle-aged people adopt.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are 0Reply
@eldorito I say put the baby up for adoption and let gays/middle-aged people adopt.

The more options there are the better. Putting the baby up for adoption can be a great thing to do and women should definitively consider it when they have an unwanted pregnancy.

@fEMMAnist The more options there are the better. Putting the baby up for adoption can be a great thing to do and women should...

Well at this point there are already a lot of babies that need adopting everywhere and if the baby isn't wanted then you have a child stuck in the system all their life and most of the time that isn't really pleasant...

@fireflyrage Well at this point there are already a lot of babies that need adopting everywhere and if the baby isn't wanted...

The adoption system is really screwed up. There are tons of families who are dieing to adopt children but can't and there are tons of children who are dieing to be adopted but aren't. Stupid Government.

@fEMMAnist The adoption system is really screwed up. There are tons of families who are dieing to adopt children but can't and...

it is a stupid government. expeasily when it is because of a small health problem that would have nothing to do with the child being taken care of.

I don't think we should limit the adoption pool to them but yes. Everyone can't have children and people who get pregnant take that for granted.

lookitups avatar lookitup Yeah You Are 0Reply
@lookitup I don't think we should limit the adoption pool to them but yes. Everyone can't have children and people who get...

Sorry. What I meant was allow them to adopt. That way, there is a more clear option than abortion.