+392

It's pretty sad that Ke$ha can act like a drunken whore on autotune and score a number 1 hit while bands like The Script can consistently write beautiful music but still be almost unknown. amirite?

kw94s avatar Music
7 27
The voters have decided that kw94 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

the script is faaar from unknown, just saying.

@Avettbrothersaregods the script is faaar from unknown, just saying.

They've really only had two songs (Breakeven, For The First Time) on the radio... when you compare that to the number of incredible songs in their catalogue, that really isn't much. Nothing and The Man Who Can't Be Moved could both easily be number 1 hits.

kw94s avatar kw94 Yeah You Are -2Reply
@kw94 They've really only had two songs (Breakeven, For The First Time) on the radio... when you compare that to the...

i dont know where you are, but The Man Who Can't Be Moved got a ton of play time on the radio where i am.

kw94s avatar kw94 Yeah You Are 0Reply

Taste in music is subjective.

The script wrote "Break even" right?

@1120832

Oh God... they played that at least 20 times everyday on the local radio station...

@1121161

the melody is not my cup of tea (neither is Ke$ha) but I can't really judge since I never actually listened closely to the lyrics.

@1120836

maybe because we listen to music to escape reality, not hear about it.

God, this type of thing kills me. I hate how the dumb ones get so mainstream, and the ones with talent get little appreciation. Plus, all the rappers have to do is have a bit of rhythm and the ability to act gangsta. That's not talent!

My favorite band, the Fray, has had 2-3 songs that most everybody knows, but their best music barely anyone has ever heard.

@God, this type of thing kills me. I hate how the dumb ones get so mainstream, and the ones with talent get little...

Not all rap is bad.
If you listen to the right people it's very good, with well though out meaningful verses. (i.e. Nas, Lupe Fiasco, Tupac, I heard immortal technique is good)
I'm assuming you mean mainstream artists and not rappers.

Naggss avatar Naggs Yeah You Are +7Reply

I love The Script, and they're on the radio all the time so I don't think they're that unknown...

Kaitlyns avatar Kaitlyn Yeah You Are +5Reply
Kaitlyns avatar Kaitlyn Yeah You Are +3Reply

The Script went 2x Platinum in the US for "Breakeven", I highly doubt that's considered 'unknown.'
Not to mention radio stations loved playing said song almost every hour.

Clay_s avatar Clay_ No Way +4Reply

Ke$ha is white trash

heethebobos avatar heethebobo Yeah You Are +4Reply
@heethebobo Ke$ha is white trash

I agree...but I know people that would give you death threats for that...sad, isn't it?

B_Diddys avatar B_Diddy Yeah You Are +3Reply

why is being a drunken whore on auto-tune not considered talent? everyone seems to love it.

@why is being a drunken whore on auto-tune not considered talent? everyone seems to love it.

(P Daddy): Someone appreciating you does not mean you are talented. When it's your producer that changes your voice, has a team to write the lyrics and a few other technicians to create the rest of the sound, the only thing that Ke$ha has to do is perform.

Sqwanchos avatar Sqwancho Yeah You Are 0Reply

These days you don't need to have talent to actually be famous. There are so many people who actually deserve to be famous but aren't. It's sad really.

I can't see some of their songs on Youtube where I am.

@I can't see some of their songs on Youtube where I am.

Download them from filestube.com or mrtzcmp3.net or bomb-mp3.com or abmp3.com