+413

If you were sent back in time a day before the twin towers fell, you would have no idea what to do to stop it, amirite?

Elocins avatar
4 40
The voters have decided that Elocin is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

-Shoot everyone in the airport to cancel all flights.
-Steal plane fuel.
-Add banner to the towers that says "NOT world trade center".
-Wipe peanut butter on the plane, so the pilots woul be like "Shit. I can't fly because there's peanut butter on my plane!"
-All of the above

Sergs avatar Serg No Way +185Reply

I don't know what a 4 year old could do to stop the Twin Towers from being attacked.

Shuns avatar Shun Yeah You Are +43Reply
@Shun I don't know what a 4 year old could do to stop the Twin Towers from being attacked.

A 4-year old could do all kinds of things to stop a major terrorist attack. Clearly you were just a lazy ass at that age.

a_fetuss avatar a_fetus Yeah You Are +5Reply

I would probably pull the fire alarm, but I doubt that will be 100% effective.

Dinosaurss avatar Dinosaurs Yeah You Are +26Reply

I would try to warn people, nobody would believe me. Then I would pull the fire alarm. When people finally realize that there is no fire, they will go back inside. As they go inside, they realize that a plane crashed into the World Trade Center, and then leave. People will report about me knowing about it, important people will come to talk to me, and I will tell them I am from the future and I came back to stop this from happening.

Scientists around the world will be so fucking happy.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +20Reply
@mchalla3 I would try to warn people, nobody would believe me. Then I would pull the fire alarm. When people finally realize...

Dude, no one would believe that you were from the future. They would think you knew about the plan because you're a terrorist.

@mchalla3 a thirteen year old associated with Al Qaeda? what are the odds?

Oh and i forgot to mention. Even if i was a terrorist, I would have come up with a better excuse. Since my story is so outrageous, they should be more inclined to believe me.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +1Reply

And I wouldn't want to. We have no idea what the world would be like if that didn't happen. It could very well be disastrous.

Ram27s avatar Ram27 Yeah You Are +17Reply
@Ram27 And I wouldn't want to. We have no idea what the world would be like if that didn't happen. It could very well be...

There was an episode of Family Guy where Brian stopped it, and yeah it was pretty disastrous.

Anchored17s avatar Anchored17 Yeah You Are +7Reply
@mchalla3 What happened?

In that episode, United States went into Civil War. I don't know the name of the episode, but it is on hulu. The description is something along the lines of Brian and Stewie going to the pilot episode and changing things around.

bbhatti12s avatar bbhatti12 Yeah You Are 0Reply
Mtrenchies avatar Mtrenchie Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Mtrenchie oh ya. and didn't lois get married to quagmire? or was that a different episode...

No. That episode when Lois and Quagmire got together was when Peter asked Death to take Peter back in time to the 70s. This right around the time when he and Lois were dating. He stood up Lois because he didn't think about what happens when someone messes up the universe. So the change created a tangent, where Quagmire and Lois dated each other. Then they got married.

What would be disastrous? Us not invading Iraq and Afghanistan for no reason? Because if it didn't happen there would not have been a reason, and therefore there would be no PATRIOT act.

@1584095

1. Even if that was the case, we kept our troops in Iraq for years after Hussein was overthrown. I'm fairly certain that isn't why we invaded Iraq in the first place.

2. What about Afghanistan?

a_fetuss avatar a_fetus Yeah You Are 0Reply

This kinda reminds me of something else: Hitler wanted to be an artist, and a school rejected him. If he was accepted, WWII would have never happened. Who know what the years between then and now would be like.

@_Lord_Voldemort_ This kinda reminds me of something else: Hitler wanted to be an artist, and a school rejected him. If he was...

I would probably be living in Germany right now, because my grandparents never would have escaped Europe. Wait, then my parents never would have met. And I wouldn't be here at all.

It's hard to ask what the world would be like if something significant didnt happen, because literally everything would be different. I like to think some things came out of a terrible awful like the Holocaust.

And I wonder what would happen if, in the Battle of the Somme in WW1, Hitler died from the shrapnel of a shell instead of being struck in the leg. Or if instead of being temporarily blinded by Chlorine gas, he burned a dozen holes in his lungs. He came so very close to dying twice.

@DrunkEngineer And I wonder what would happen if, in the Battle of the Somme in WW1, Hitler died from the shrapnel of a shell...

Or if Lincoln was never shot, if slavery never ended (not saying it should've not ended, just giving examples), if America never claimed independence from England.

there might also be the fact that no one would believe you because you're "just a kid".

Like that episode of ghost whisperer when no one believed Melinda that the plane was going to crash. But then it did.. she tried stopping it but no one believe her.

You could stop it from being built in the first place, that way it could never get destroyed. Also you could pull a fire alarm or something that would make people evacuate a few minutes before the planes crash.

But then you like what Ram27 said above, it might lead to a worse future.

@1583903

Nobody would believe you most likely. If you're going to try to do anything like that, you might as well pull the fire alarms a little bit before it would've happened, like DandyLion said, because then they'd have to leave the building.

@1584274

That's true, and I'd hope so too. I just think the fire alarm would be more effective xD

It just seems simple to travel to the airport that the terrorists were at originally, tell a security guy that you see a knife on one of them (which they had razorblades hidden) and then they would get searched

Evan17s avatar Evan17 No Way +2Reply

It depends where I was put. If I was in Colorado again, there's not a lot to do except give national airport security a tip on it. They have to do a little investigation on every tip they get, so it could help. If I was in NYC I would still give a tip to security but also the police and fire department as well as giving people a big warning that something bad would happen and then pull the fire alarms. Heck, it might actually be better to set a part of the building on fire to get them moving out before the planes hit.