+191

If there is no oxygen in outer space, then how is the sun on fire, amirite?

Evan17s avatar Politics
6 28
The voters have decided that Evan17 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I suspect all of us who YYA'd show a serious lack of science knowledge.

Stuffs avatar Stuff Yeah You Are +63Reply

"The sun is not really "FIRE" as known commonly. It is a ball of heat, fueled by a reaction without oxygen, called fusion. It is the concept of a Nuclear bomb. The sun is mostly Hydrogen, and it fuses together into Helium, releasing massive heat. no oxygen or any other substance is required for the fusion process to take place."

-Some dude on Yahoo Answers

I'm sorry but you may be an idiot.

No oxygen is required for a thermonuclear reaction.

Troll or stupid?

Nuclear fusion =/= Combustion

MasonLNs avatar MasonLN No Way +14Reply
@528491 neither, it's a joke

Nah. It's got to do with politics.

I took this as a joke more than a serious question. I wouldn't have the knowledge to know how it really works anyway.

ShanLovesStuffs avatar ShanLovesStuff Yeah You Are +12Reply
@ShanLovesStuff I took this as a joke more than a serious question. I wouldn't have the knowledge to know how it really works anyway.

I took it as a joke as well, I just felt the need to correct th3don because I'm an asshat. frown smilie

Sinners avatar Sinner Yeah You Are +1Reply

It probably is just a joke people. I guess the internet is srs bsns

Devices avatar Device Yeah You Are +3Reply

i like..cake.

I don't need oxygen. I'm hot enough to burn!

@1123629

No, it's not. Stars work on fusion; They take hydrogen and fuse it into Helium, releasing a lot of energy. This process continues with larger and larger molecules until...

...you know what? I can tell you're not interested.

Sinners avatar Sinner Yeah You Are +2Reply

cba to google it, but the sun is completely made of gases anyway.
also what th3don said.

Stolen from highDEAS where it was already explained.

Pfft, nuclear fusion is just a myth made by atheists.

koopoo3000s avatar koopoo3000 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@koopoo3000 Pfft, nuclear fusion is just a myth made by atheists.

Oh those atheists! I suppose next they'll be telling us that there's this thing that keeps us coming back to the earth. I bet they'll name it gravity! XD

@SpencerNewton Oh those atheists! I suppose next they'll be telling us that there's this thing that keeps us coming back to the...

Next thing you know they'll tell us that all objects have a tendency to resist motion and call it inertia!

@koopoo3000 Next thing you know they'll tell us that all objects have a tendency to resist motion and call it inertia!

I've heard they devised this thing called 'cell respiration'. I guess it's supposed to explain how we breath or something stupid like that. Obviously the air we breathe is is made by the one true Lord for our use! Atheists need to stop their denial!

@SpencerNewton I've heard they devised this thing called 'cell respiration'. I guess it's supposed to explain how we breath or...

Have you heard of this "photosynthesis" crap?
Plants don't convert water, carbon dioxide, and sunlight into oxygen and glucose. It's just always been there!

@koopoo3000 Have you heard of this "photosynthesis" crap? Plants don't convert water, carbon dioxide, and sunlight into oxygen...

'Chlorophyll'? Poppycock! The leaves turn orange in the fall and fall off because it's part of His divine plan!

@SpencerNewton 'Chlorophyll'? Poppycock! The leaves turn orange in the fall and fall off because it's part of His divine plan!

Yeah, and "cells"?
There will never be anything smaller than an ant!
God wishes it to be so!

Anonymous