+31

If a scary movie says "based on a true story", it automatically gets 1000x scarier, amirite?

xckel17s avatar
1 3
The voters have decided that xckel17 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yeah, but, "based on a true story" is such an unspecific term, Lord Of The Rings could be technically called "based on a true story", because people did in fact own swords and ride horses in the middle ages, and the rest of the movie is just artistic liberties. Totally based on a true story, though.

@MrRite Yeah, but, "based on a true story" is such an unspecific term, Lord Of The Rings could be technically called "based...

Well, I said "scary movie" and I think Lord of the Rings isn't exactly a "scary movie", right? Cause honestly, I've never watched Lord of the Rings.

xckel17s avatar xckel17 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@xckel17 Well, I said "scary movie" and I think Lord of the Rings isn't exactly a "scary movie", right? Cause honestly, I've...

Right, but I was not referring to "scary movie" I was referring to "based on a true story". I think you missed the point of what I was trying to say. I was trying to say that "baased on a true story" is such an unspecific term, that the true story that the movie is based on could have almost nothing to do with what the actual movie is about. Hence my lord of the rings example.